• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

They banned him for being too chirpy. That’s the only reason he came back here.
They banned him for dressing up as a badger and spending Saturday afternoons waving at kids and having photos taken with them? What is the world coming too??

They banned him for dressing up as a badger and spending Saturday afternoons waving at kids and having photos taken with them? What is the world coming too??
I think most people would expect to be at least banned for that sort of behaviour

He's like most young centrebacks, they get over physical and don't control their aggression. he has the ability to be a top player if he can learn some self control.
On the purely defensive side of his game I pretty much agree, though there are other aspects of his game that also needs work.

Not quite sure what you mean by top player, but our aim with a £40m signing of a young player should be very high. I don't see many players at the kind of level we should be aiming for him to become that are as limited on the ball as him.

On the purely defensive side of his game I pretty much agree, though there are other aspects of his game that also needs work.

Not quite sure what you mean by top player, but our aim with a £40m signing of a young player should be very high. I don't see many players at the kind of level we should be aiming for him to become that are as limited on the ball as him.
Indeed. Sanchez has a good turn of pace but we’ve seen that he can be overpowered by the likes of Deeney and Rondon whilst his passing is vastly inferior to our Dutch CBs; I seem to recall opposing attackers pressing Davinson far less intensely than teammates as they know his passing is about on par with Lloris.

They banned him for being too chirpy. That’s the only reason he came back here.

I think you may have something there, they are like a load of schoolkids over there when things are not going the way THEY THINK they should.

I think you may have something there, they are like a load of schoolkids over there when things are not going the way THEY THINK they should.
Ah yes, but don’t forget - they are the privileged few who get to rub shoulders with actual deities - the superstar ITKs themselves!

Right now I couldnt care less about his passing, if he could just defend like a defender should and get back to doing the basics right that would be a great start....
Was just about to post this. Without doubt a passing CB is useful especially at the moment where the deep passes are not coming from the midfield but we need defenders to defend first and foremost to give us a solid base.

Right now I couldnt care less about his passing, if he could just defend like a defender should and get back to doing the basics right that would be a great start....
Was just about to post this. Without doubt a passing CB is useful especially at the moment where the deep passes are not coming from the midfield but we need defenders to defend first and foremost to give us a solid base.
To some extent I agree. The question was raised in another thread if Vertonghen would have made that pass, I'd raise the same question about Sanchez if the answer wasn't so obvious.

Assist are easy to count, overall impact on our game from having two classy ball playing centre backs less so. I think it's significant. Contributing to more and more purposeful possession, leading to less pressure on our defence and better attacking play is to me a vital part of a top class centre back. I think the importance of that is seen in that just about every top club seems to value that highly both in the transfer market and player selection.

The idea that centre backs should focus on defending to the point of not caring about what they do on the ball is imo outdated at the highest level. And if Sanchez wants to be a top player at the highest level he quite simply has to improve that aspect of his game. If he can is another question, but if that work isn't focused on now I don't think he will ever get there.

Back