• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Same with Dele.

At least he's played this season though think it's 1 game but agree.

If Winks say gets injured on Wednesday then we'd be subbing someone on with 0 minutes of game time this season which seems silly. I think Wanyana is the same.

Surprised he wasn't given a few minutes to build up some fitness, when we're 4-0 up surely that's the ideal time for a bit of rotation.

Guess it depends what the operation he had in August was - if it's something more rest will benefit.

At least he's played this season though think it's 1 game but agree.

If Winks say gets injured on Wednesday then we'd be subbing someone on with 0 minutes of game time this season which seems silly. I think Wanyana is the same.
I guess Ndombele would be first in that queue and he needed minutes himself. We’ve loads of games coming up, I think we’ll see Dier, Dele, et al getting minutes v Colchester.

Hope to see him back in the team soon with a change of formation.

Yes, I though it was odd how Wanyama come on instead of him today. Dier also brings some leadership and can stick his foot him so I thought it was crying out for him in the second half today

I've often felt Dier has been weak link sine Dembele was on the wane...however, is he really in that bad a state that Crock Wanyama came on before he did??

Seen some 'whispers' months back about how he's only got two years left on his current deal.....the mind boggles....

Though tbf he has been crap whenever he's actually played in recent months, so you wonder if he's just as physically adept as Wanyama but because he's younger there's value to us in, erm, keeping his value high - instead of it dropping when he plays and looks like Wanyama..:(

Please can someone give me a more positive spin??

I’m in the camp that think Dier has regressed ever since his excellent season in 15/16, but I would still like to see him back in the team. I just think he’ll give us better balance in midfield, with his positional discipline & awareness and decent passing range from deep – something that none of Winks, Ndombele or Sissoko seem to have. I’d also hope he’d be really fired up having been out with injuries and illness for so long, and that he might therefore have a positive impact on the mentality of the team.

Let’s hope he has a good runout against Colchester, gets back in the first team, and plays his way back into form.

The old classic someone not playing will come in and save the day, he's barely played this year and was horrendous against Bournemouth - has he even played a game yet this season? Looks overweight in some pictures but that could just be a funny angle.

Still when fully fit he offers more to the team than Winks as he's a better all rounder though his passing isn't as good. He is better positionally and at least tracks runners.

It certainly feels like we need Dier's attitude on the pitch right now.
Even if he only plays averagely, his tubthumping can help galvanize some players and the crowd.
I would imagine it would have a very positive impact on Dele and probably Verts and well as bringing out the extra fire in the likes of Son and Rose.
Sometimes you just need someone to "do a brave heart" to get everyone going - even when they are not that bothered adrenaline and pride kicks in.

Back