• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Official OMT ** Spurs Vs Palace

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is it with that clam Tony Gale? He nearly started crying when Kane was not given a yellow card and then it was pretty much all he was interested in commenting on when others were booked later on in the gamed.

I also liked how he totally slated Benteke every time he touched the ball.

Maybe he just doesn't like strikers.

(When I say liked, I mean thought was a total clam)

A few observations from the game (I know I posted some yesterday but i was drinking all day too)

For Every goal the scorer was the man making the run... not standing still like we do sometimes vs bus Parker’s. It’s movement that kills teams

Sissoko played some great passes and played with some real confidence

All the goals came form fast crisp moves with quick interchanges... it’s simple when you know how

We seemed to press from midfield which is unusual for us

Palace are poor. Old and tired and rely on Zaha who rarely turns up vs us

Was our last league clean sheet the last home game vs palace?

He was much better yesterday.
He was the stand out, least able player we have still.

I think we'll see a huge improvement when N'Dombele is fit enough to start.

Just checked out Whoscored as an independent source and they rated him as a 6.5 - our worst player. Other players with that score were Ayew and Townsend.

He was the stand out, least able player we have still.

I think we'll see a huge improvement when N'Dombele is fit enough to start.

Just checked out Whoscored as an independent source and they rated him as a 6.5 - our worst player. Other players with that score were Ayew and Townsend.
Just stop it. For every macaronic post you put out, dissing Sissoko when he has played a very good game, you're making an even bigger fool of yourself.
You pretend to be intellectual and smart, yet persist with spouting absolute nonsense.
Grow up!
And the same "independent source" rated Ayew better than 7 of the 11 spurs players, which is just ridiculous. Lloris was our 2nd best performer according to them...

Last edited:
Just stop it. For every macaronic post you put out, dissing Sissoko when he has played a very good game, you're making an even bigger fool of yourself.
You pretend to be intellectual and smart, yet persist with spouting absolute nonsense.
Grow up!
And the same "independent source" rated Ayew better than 7 of the 11 spurs players, which is just ridiculous. Lloris was our 2nd best performer according to them...
Lloris was very good. Did everything required of him with only one iffy bit of distribution in 90 minutes.

Sissoko, on the other hand, is what he is. A very, very limited player who offers effort in place of skill. Personally, I expect both effort and skill at this level as an absolute minimum.

Excellent today with the big positive being a serging performance from Aurier.

Makes a massive difference when you start a game with good tempo and real appetite.

Hope this can be a catalyst for much better form.

Spot on.

Just to add - our game plan heavily relies on good work rate and excellent delivery from our full backs. It makes so much difference when they play well.

Last edited:
Lloris was very good. Did everything required of him with only one iffy bit of distribution in 90 minutes.

Sissoko, on the other hand, is what he is. A very, very limited player who offers effort in place of skill. Personally, I expect both effort and skill at this level as an absolute minimum.
Lloris had maby one decent save to make. Other than that he had nothing to do. Not exactly mom performance.
Your making yourself look silly. But by all means, keep it going.

Lloris had maby one decent save to make. Other than that he had nothing to do. Not exactly mom performance.
Your making yourself look silly. But by all means, keep it going.
"Other poster thinks brick footballer is a bit brick"

Take out the emotion and the anger the above situation creates in you is a little silly isn't it? I don't get why you feel the need to get so upset about it all. Sissoko was good for one match, against us, a few years ago. That doesn't have to upset you, it's just a fact. We've had plenty of other brick players in the past - as much as I hope we won't, I'm sure we'll employ more in the future.

That is more like it, quick passing football, players moving into space, players passing the ball and moving for the return and doing it all quickly. Seems like ages since i have seen a performance like that.

Thought all players did well but there were a couple of things that really pleased me. Watching Toby play those long passes forwards ( like he used to do), Aurier giving a sign of how good he really is and now i hope he gets a run in the side, Winks driving forward again ( he is going to be a hell of a player).

I know Palace were poor but that had a lot to do with us playing quick incisive passing. I thought that there was a few players who stood out but i am going to give MOM to Son who never stopped moving and looking for the spaces.

He’s our midfield dynamite!

@BetweenThePosts

It's rare that a player that high up the field produces the most progressive passing. #Eriksen

upload_2019-9-15_17-44-12.jpeg

first one turned 3 last week, will possibly take him to a game this season otherwise it’ll be next.
Children don't appreciate watching 90 minutes of football until they are 7 or 8. Before then Chirpy interests them and not much more - they can't concentrate. My advice, save your money till he's older. Just my experience!

first one turned 3 last week, will possibly take him to a game this season otherwise it’ll be next.
Children don't appreciate watching 90 minutes of football until they are 7 or 8. Before then Chirpy interests them and not much more - they can't concentrate. My advice, save your money till he's older. Just my experience![/QUOTE

Mine too. 8 is about right.

Children don't appreciate watching 90 minutes of football until they are 7 or 8. Before then Chirpy interests them and not much more - they can't concentrate. My advice, save your money till he's older. Just my experience!
I’m desperate to go with my lad, but at 3 and a half, he has the attention span of a nat.

When I set off for the ‘Lane’ yesterday morning, he says to me sadly.... “daddy, maybe I can come next time?” :’(

I’m like ‘dude, you can’t sit though the warm up shots on sky sports, before losing interest and wanting a paw patrol cartoon on!! :D

Lovely stuff. It was really nice to see us starting a game with such vigor, felt like Spurs of old. Considering the way Palace played, they really made it the perfect game for us, but we still needed to take advantage of it so kudos to the whole team.

Back