• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Official OMT ** Spurs Vs Palace

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ah the return of proper football 3pm on a Saturday, shame it's an other team parking the bus for 95 minutes or media speak "brave rearguard action".

Has nobody raised the issue that we are likely to be going into a game against Zaha without a recognized RB?
He must've been licking his lips watching big Dav there pre-break!!!

Surely Poch won't risk that again? We just (!!!) about got away with it against Arsenal.

Has nobody raised the issue that we are likely to be going into a game against Zaha without a recognized RB?
He must've been licking his lips watching big Dav there pre-break!!!

Surely Poch won't risk that again? We just (!!!) about got away with it against Arsenal.
Quite the headache for Pochettino. Though Aurier was on the bench against Arsenal so should be able to start two weeks later, can't expect match fitness, but can perhaps expect better than Sanchez did.

Some big decisions with players coming back from internationals, injuries, players just returning from injuries. Pochettino has some history playing players that haven't been away in games like this one. Will be interesting to see who he picks for this one, half expecting some surprises in the starting eleven.

fudge me .. if we are afraid of Zaha, we might as well pack it up now ..

Guy has 35 goals in 185 appearances for Palace, has hit double figure once in his career .. hardly fudging Messi, his record is closer to Lamela than even Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele

steady on, far too sensible opinion.

Guy has 35 goals in 185 appearances for Palace, has hit double figure once in his career .. hardly fudging Messi, his record is closer to Lamela than even Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele

I'd give that a like, but it would be disrespectful to Lamela, who is 10 times the player.

This is going to be the kiss of death, but I expect Zaha to keep running up the same blind alleys he usually does, whoever we've got at fullback. He makes dangerous-looking runs, but generally holds on to the ball too long and his finishing is average at best. Poor man's Ginola.

Hasn't Zaha been used from the right so far this season?

More of a forward, I think. Seems he fancies himself a striker and Hodgson is entertaining him a bit. Expect him to move back tot he left in time.

As it is, most likely he is something of a free roamer, so the whole team will need to keep an eye on him

This is going to be the kiss of death, but I expect Zaha to keep running up the same blind alleys he usually does, whoever we've got at fullback. He makes dangerous-looking runs, but generally holds on to the ball too long and his finishing is average at best. Poor man's Ginola.

You’ve seen our full backs?

You know what happens to us when a player(Zaha) hasn't scored many goals and should score more,he'll decide to turn up Saturday now.......

i want the big guns back Saturday from the off...Eriksen,Verts,N'dembele,.....Son and Kane upfront .....an a bit of Davies too,lets look solid at least...our season starts now,as usual!!

I'd like to see us line up like this:

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------------

Aurier----------Toby------------Jan----------------Rose

------------Winks-----------N'Dombele----------------

----Eriksen----------Dele---------------Son------------

-----------------------Kane---------------------------------

4-2-3-1. I'm not convinced at all by Kane having to share space up-front with anyone, and not convinced in general about him and Son in the same team. But get that front three behind him interchanging (with the emphasis on Dele as SS), we've got a bit of everything, pace, precision passing, strength, unpredictability, shooting prowess from anywhere in and around the box, late runs into the box. Solid back four with both full-backs assisting the attack and having enough about them to get back when Palace break.

Lucas and Lamela in for anyone in that front 4 to spice things up if needed, Sissoko if we need to run at them. Most important element for me is to get that trio of Kane/Dele/Eriksen performing and being deadly again. I hasten to add that this is no reflection on Son, who I think as a standalone player is our biggest threat at present.

Injury news.

Injured: Lo Celso and Foyth

Under assessment: Sanchez

Back in training: KWP, Dier, Sessegnon, Ndombele

The hype that surrounds this fellow amazes me.

Lloris
Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Winks, Ndombele
Lucas, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Gazzaniga, Dier, Davies, Sessegnon, Sissoko, Lamela, Son

Back