• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Wasn't ensuring our UK parliment has complete control a big part of Brexit?

Parliament isn't supposed to have control of anything. It's a legislature, not an executive. The government are supposed to have control of everything - delivering the manifesto they were elected on. Parliament by tradition should particularly not vote against manifesto pledges (aka 'delivering Brexit')

the 2017 tory manifesto Brexit pledge was worded thus,

• Exit the European single market and customs union but seek a "deep and special partnership" including comprehensive free trade and customs agreement

doesn't tally with the "not even attempt a deal exit" this administration are gunning for imo

I try not to put too much stock in the resignation letters of politicians looking to secure their rep etc.

She'll be back at some point, and will be looking to that point while typing up her letter...

I thought you was implying that nobody is trying to fulfil that pledge. May certainly tried but failed, got nowhere near it.

But she tried.

my point was only that the pledge involved a deal, if they get one they have achieved their manifesto target, leave without a deal and they have not

if they are not trying to get a deal, hiding behind the manifesto would be dishonest

my point was only that the pledge involved a deal, if they get one they have achieved their manifesto target, leave without a deal and they have not

if they are not trying to get a deal, hiding behind the manifesto would be dishonest
Oh ok.

I suppose their approach could be qualified (not saying they are) by what's gone before. ie fruitless negotiation s with the EU with zero mileage and flexibility left?.

Oh ok.

I suppose their approach could be qualified (not saying they are) by what's gone before. ie fruitless negotiation s with the EU with zero mileage and flexibility left?.

it was solely in response to @Gutter Boy 's point that,

Parliament by tradition should particularly not vote against manifesto pledges

with the tories not winning a controlling majority in that election, I can only assume that under such an arrangement the DUP would get to pass 3% of their manifesto unopposed too, just imagine what stone age clamwittery that could include...

Oh ok.

The whole charade is fruitless sadly. We need a leader who can take some of the sentiment of Brexit and channel it into something revolutionary in the UK. Without damaging our trade and wasting time on this nonsense. Is walob appropraite for how this saga has unwound over the past 3 years?

Back