• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The more embedded Sissoko has become in our midfid the worse our performances and results have become. Surprise, surprise. [emoji58]

*Grabs the flame suit and awaits the defensive rude boys*

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The Uncanny X-Men 282 - His name is Bishop. And nothing will ever be the same

The Uncanny X-Men 282 - His name is Bishop. And nothing will ever be the same
I came from future to unmask the betrayer (Sissoko Lebeau) before he destroys us from within (not a direct quote [emoji28]). [emoji1787]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Might have been posted already but good read on how we don't press at anywhere near the level we used to - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11807215/tottenhams-pressing-problem

It feels like it must be deliberate to drop off so much, maybe a transition to a more controlling slower based build up style but whatever is happening it's not working and I think the best teams in the league press quite hard.
I loved when we used to press like maniacs. Exciting to watch and used to scare the opposition.

I loved when we used to press like maniacs. Exciting to watch and used to scare the opposition.

”For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played],” Flores said.

“We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team."

“It was impossible [to deal with them]..., we try to play, but it was impossible,” he added.

“It was impossible because they are like animals there, trying to beat and [recover] the ball as quick as possible."

-
Quique Sanchez Flores 2016

”For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played],” Flores said.

“We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team."

“It was impossible [to deal with them]..., we try to play, but it was impossible,” he added.

“It was impossible because they are like animals there, trying to beat and [recover] the ball as quick as possible."

-
Quique Sanchez Flores 2016
Now he’s back he’ll realise quickly he’s got nothing to worry about this time around!

Have always said players under Poch only have a 4 season shelf life.

We need to bring Parrott into the fold to give Kane a rest. Kane can't play a pressing game twice a week.

Defence and midfield need young fresh blood. Time for a change. Let's get some fresh young blood in youth players and exciting young players from around Europe.

I love us but our current time does not excite me.

Aaron's and the centre half at Norwich excite me as does Tah in defence. Palacios for more steel in midfield and maybe cook from Bournemouth.

Upfront timo werner would be a good foil if we can afford his release fee.

Have always said players under Poch only have a 4 season shelf life.

We need to bring Parrott into the fold to give Kane a rest. Kane can't play a pressing game twice a week.

Defence and midfield need young fresh blood. Time for a change. Let's get some fresh young blood in youth players and exciting young players from around Europe.

I love us but our current time does not excite me.

Aaron's and the centre half at Norwich excite me as does Tah in defence. Palacios for more steel in midfield and maybe cook from Bournemouth.

Upfront timo werner would be a good foil if we can afford his release fee.

Tah looked really clumsy in the weekends internationals

Tah looked really clumsy in the weekends internationals

He did not have his best game. If we are looking at youth then the 2 lads at RB Leipzig or the French lad in defence at Monaco. They all seem to have high transfer fees though.

Monaco is a funny club, panso has been loaned out despite looking good. Henrich is another at right back that could come in and do a job.

This just about sums my feelings also!
Good summing up IMHO

I meant team not time. Damn auto correct.

If it were me this summer on top of our signings who I think might be good in a years time. I would have gone for Lookman and added more steal and younger pressing ability to midfield, moving on Sissoko and giving a free to Wanamya and doing anything to get the only effective for 5 games a season Lamela gone.

If it were me this summer on top of our signings who I think might be good in a years time. I would have gone for Lookman and added more steal and younger pressing ability to midfield, moving on Sissoko and giving a free to Wanamya and doing anything to get the only effective for 5 games a season Lamela gone.

Agree on Lookman but we have Sessegnon who I’m convinced will play the same position

I’m happy with the signings we have made as they were clearly Poch top targets

But we had a midfield that could play with the ball
We may well see us move that way again once we have NDombele bedded in. People forget we haven’t seen him yet play with our best attackers

Lookman, I've not seen him that much but when I have in U21 he's underwhelmed!
Sissoko still does a good job.
Lamela will never leave, he is bulletproof, sadly
The team is a buggers muddle at the moment.

Win against palace, we look like a totally different team.

I think poch changed or said some thing and it worked. Higher energy and better pressing, Kane feeding others, early cross in....

Poch the tinkerer or a bold student of the game? Maybe both.

Getting to the cl league final may be his undoing as the fans are always more patient than the players, and it's a shame that whatever good poch provides now, it's still not enough to keep our better players.

Poch is no klopp or pep, and if want to do in things I think we still have to be prepared to be patient with him and support him regardless what happens.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think poch changed or said some thing and it worked.

Apparently Poch and the squad held an hour long, clear the air talks regarding our form and performances and our attitude to starting games...

He hopes yesterday like me that the result and display can lay down a marker now for how we go about things.

Positive for me is that they had these talks and by the looks of things they ‘are’ listening to the manager.

Time will tell but it was uplifting for me to see us flying out of the traps and pressing again.

A pity if they needed to clear the air... Poch doesn't have as much control over the team as I would expect for for team seeking to win things. But we knew we were getting a young inexperienced coach. Just hope he develops as the team does.
Apparently Poch and the squad held an hour long, clear the air talks regarding our form and performances and our attitude to starting games...

He hopes yesterday like me that the result and display can lay down a marker now for how we go about things.

Positive for me is that they had these talks and by the looks of things they ‘are’ listening to the manager.

Time will tell but it was uplifting for me to see us flying out of the traps and pressing again.

Back