• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

The logo " world class" is thrown around by many fans and its not always true in others eyes. Is Eriksen world class? well as this thread proves its all a matter of opinion and that is fair enough.

What i will say is that he has been "world class" for us and his stats back that up, i will be very happy is he does stay and without him we are/will be a poorer team.

The logo " world class" is thrown around by many fans and its not always true in others eyes. Is Eriksen world class? well as this thread proves its all a matter of opinion and that is fair enough.

What i will say is that he has been "world class" for us and his stats back that up, i will be very happy is he does stay and without him we are/will be a poorer team.

He is one of the most 'cultured' players. Another lazy term. For me it is the way he can control a football. His touch, and feeling he has for the weight of a touch or a pass is like a craftsman. Few players have that level of refinment. Of complete control over a ball.

He doesn't always use it to its fullest. He is the antithesis of Sissoko - who has power, passion, determination but lacks finesse. Eriksen can be frustrating. But his quality is never in question.

Last edited:
So on a free next summer it is then.

Nah. Timo Werner was one of the other big players who would have been leaving on a free next year, and he just extended his contract until 2023, albeit with a pretty cheap release clause (25M).

They're in similar situations - Werner was waiting for Bayern this window, Eriksen for Madrid/Barca.

Only difference is the age, but I'm now fairly confident that we can get him on a similar deal - give him parity with Kane, give him a big signing-on bonus and give him a cheap release clause (40/50M). That should do it in terms of making sure he doesn't leave on a free, and would be good business for him and for us. He can still leave next year or whenever for fairly cheap, but we get something, and he gets a big income boost while he does stay here.

Great news that he is still here.
Yep. I think we all saw at the Emirates what a difference he can make to us in the opposition's half. Not sure he's been given enough credit for his astute anticipation in getting to that spill from Leno. Certainly didn't look like he is any less committed to the cause despite what many have said on here.

Given he might have gone for a knock-down £25-£30m in the last few days, if he can help us qualify for the CL and/or win us a trophy this season it will be well worth the hit.

Nah. Timo Werner was one of the other big players who would have been leaving on a free next year, and he just extended his contract until 2023, albeit with a pretty cheap release clause (25M).

They're in similar situations - Werner was waiting for Bayern this window, Eriksen for Madrid/Barca.

Only difference is the age, but I'm now fairly confident that we can get him on a similar deal - give him parity with Kane, give him a big signing-on bonus and give him a cheap release clause (40/50M). That should do it in terms of making sure he doesn't leave on a free, and would be good business for him and for us. He can still leave next year or whenever for fairly cheap, but we get something, and he gets a big income boost while he does stay here.

Thats if he decides he wants to do right by the club, he could wait it out knowing Madrid or Barca would jump at the chance to pick him up for free.

Thats if he decides he wants to do right by the club, he could wait it out knowing Madrid or Barca would jump at the chance to pick him up for free.

Well, Werner was even less committed to Leipzig than Eriksen's been with us. Werner publicly stated that he had no qualms with leaving on a free, and he was only at Leipzig for 3/4 years (iirc), with.

And they still got him to sign. Given all Eriksen's said and done, I think we can get him to sign a similar deal. Plus, it's not like it's only good for us - the bonus we would pay him (if we go by Leipzig's deal) would parallel what he'd receive for signing for someone on a free, and he gets job security and an improved wage for however long he stays here.

Not saying we'll definitely do it, but there's a decent chance now, I think.

As @NaijaSpurs has previously pointed out, Eriksen will already have 'done right by the club' by fulfilling his contract.

When any employee leaves his company at the end of his contract that's it, finished, capput, the end. Neither side owes anything to the other.

If in this case his employer (Tottenham) want to make him an offer that happens to benefit both parties and he accepts, then fine, but he wouldn't be doing it because it does US a favour, he'd be doing it because he also gains something from it.

I very much doubt anything else ever comes into it tbh.

Sure it will be cited as we’re doing an Arsenal

But of course the difference here is we have offered eriksen a contract and not forgotten him

Quotes this morning saying he’s not regretting his ‘wantaway’ comments despite not getting his move.

Not exactly paving the way for a change of heart and signing a contract extension with us then.

Looking more like the ‘let’s run it down and see where we are’ approach. So another 5-10 months of this dragging on in the headlines and off the pitch.

So another 5-10 months of this dragging on in the headlines and off the pitch.
Recommend you go into intensive care for a clickbait bypass op. They do have to check you out first for allergies eg to large doses of salts though.

Had mine a while back, seems to be working well. :cool:

Yep. I think we all saw at the Emirates what a difference he can make to us in the opposition's half. Not sure he's been given enough credit for his astute anticipation in getting to that spill from Leno. Certainly didn't look like he is any less committed to the cause despite what many have said on here.

Given he might have gone for a knock-down £25-£30m in the last few days, if he can help us qualify for the CL and/or win us a trophy this season it will be well worth the hit.

Pretty much everything good going forward went through him at some point.

Back