• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still don't get how that's not a penalty. Atkinson was awful. Yet people see that and still think Kane's a diver. Unbelievable. I'd say that's a penalty to any other team it's not being bias.
Kane leaves the ball and throws himself into the defender. It's a poor effort to construct a pen, and rightfully not given. I'd be fuming if that was given against us. It's not a dive, as there is contact, but it ain't a penalty because it's Kane that initiates the contact.

Bit of context though regarding our defending. Every single time we play the goons at the Emirates they pepper us with attack. It's just the way it is its how they play football. I wouldn't read too much into it. If it was another team there wouldnt be as many attacks as that apart from maybe city which is what happened the other week.

Yes there were some times when we had some bad defending but I thought our counter attack was quite good it's just a lot of times the wrong decision was made where son wanted to take everyone on when the pass to someone else was on. Kane for example should have been a bit more greedy at the end rather than passing to Sissoko who we all knew was going to balloon it. The fact we didn't get smashed which from every arsenal fan I spoke to was saying was going to happen (and me as well) bodes well. We have a break which I think we needed even though its 4 games in and we can start again against Palace at home on 14th.
As a whole we were reasonably solid considering the amount of time we were on the back foot and that's something I will always respect from Poch, even when playing poorly we will fight defensively.

What let's us down time after time and it's not just this season is the quality or lack of quality from the centre of midfield. Yes Arsenal are an attacking force when up for it but neither City nor Liverpool would be swarmed as much as we were today. Admittedly they are better and more balanced teams than we are but that primarily comes from the midfield. Ours is frankly useless, they are neither good in a purely physical battle like the versions that had Dier/Dembele/Wanyama in them nor are they any good in possession. Sure we can see some possession stats that show a high percentage of passing accuracy but it's all 5 yards and super safe, no passes between the lines no progressive play all slow and ponderous with all of the obvious implications.

It is basically non-functional, press them and they are for the main clueless. Winks does have some press resistance but Sissoko is brick at showing for the ball or when he does get it he has no clue what to do with leading to another wlbackward pass. So even if winks evades the press he doesn't have a good option to pass to. Then Sissoko only has one means of avoiding the press and that's just running with the ball which impresses some but it's ultimately pointless when he has no end product to that run and no idea what to do with the ball once he gets there. We almost there as a balanced, the defense is decent enough when all components are fit, the attack is quality but our CM let's us down so much [emoji21]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Negatives from today:
Sanchez having another mare (albeit being played out of position)
- Yes, but he'd probably be the first to acknowledge how uncomfortable he was playing there, not least against a lively threat of Pepe and Auba. On another day with a lesser opponent he'd have probably been fairly comfortable.

Why do insist on playing out from the back like it’s a religion? We put ourselves under pressure for about 5 mins of the first half alone purely from dingdonging around with the ball.
- It was heart in mouth time for much of it, but I thought we mixed it up enough at times. Didn't always play it out. Saw plenty of occasions we pushed up the pitch with Lloris going long. Problem is Hugo's kicking accuracy is woeful.

We made Arsenal look like a much better side today and than they actually are.
- They were always going to be up for this. NLD at home. Biggest game really. You'd expect them to give extra effort so can't fault them for looking better than usual. Don't think it was down to anything inept from our side.

Positives:
We got stronger towards the end despite being second best for pretty much all of the second half
Lo Celso and Alli looked useful when they came on
Vertonghen was restored to the starting lineup
Kane took the penalty well and was unlucky not to score another. Not a great overall game from him but he always looks like scoring and doesn’t ever hide.
Lloris made some good saves albeit he also made one horror show of a pass.
We played another game and looked far from our best and still got a point.
Agree on all of these. Was great to see a side that had All / Kane / Eriksen / Lo Celso all on at once. Throw Tanguy in there and there's plenty to be cheerful about.

As a whole we were reasonably solid considering the amount of time we were on the back foot and that's something I will always respect from Poch, even when playing poorly we will fight defensively.

What let's us down time after time and it's not just this season is the quality or lack of quality from the centre of midfield. Yes Arsenal are an attacking force when up for it but neither City nor Liverpool would be swarmed as much as we were today. Admittedly they are better and more balanced teams than we are but that primarily comes from the midfield. Ours is frankly useless, they are neither good in a purely physical battle like the versions that had Dier/Dembele/Wanyama in them nor are they any good in possession. Sure we can see some possession stats that show a high percentage of passing accuracy but it's all 5 yards and super safe, no passes between the lines no progressive play all slow and ponderous with all of the obvious implications.

It is basically non-functional, press them and they are for the main clueless. Winks does have some press resistance but Sissoko is brick at showing for the ball or when he does get it he has no clue what to do with leading to another wlbackward pass. So even if winks evades the press he doesn't have a good option to pass to. Then Sissoko only has one means of avoiding the press and that's just running with the ball which impresses some but it's ultimately pointless when he has no end product to that run and no idea what to do with the ball once he gets there. We almost there as a balanced, the defense is decent enough when all components are fit, the attack is quality but our CM let's us down so much [emoji21]

Luckily we've got two new guys and Dier to come back.

Yep. And when they play each other they are far more disciplined and organised than us.

Getting outclassed by Emirates Marketing Project is nothing to be ashamed of but we made Arsenal look like world beaters today when in reality they are at best the 4th best team in the league, they’re not all that at all. Yes it’s a derby and they are always up for it against us but we barely troubled their defence in the second half which is worse than ours when one more goal would have finished them off.

We had several great chances second-half!!!

We had more shots on target and their keeper made some decent saves as well as an error

People seem to think a bit of pressure means a team is gonna win.... it’s pretty much what we did last week vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine and yet we got ridiculed for that
Arsenal actually created chances and could have won with better finishing. We in co yeast just passed the ball side to side in front of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's backline line with no penetration and 2 shots on target. Arsenal had 26 shots and 8 on target. You're being very disingenuous comparing the two scenarios.

Arsenal actually created chances and could have won with better finishing. We in co yeast just passed the ball side to side in front of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's backline line with no penetration and 2 shots on target. Arsenal had 26 shots and 8 on target. You're being very disingenuous comparing the two scenarios.

Not really

We had chances yesterday to win the game and actually came closest with Kane’s shot on the post

In the second Half when they were “dominant” Hugo saved from Raggy doll and from Ceballos

And arsenal were not playing against 10 men behind the ball

I have not read all the posts on here but I think there was quite of lot to be encouraged by from yesterday's game. We actually created a decent number of openings and played some nice football in spells.

They did, at times, threaten to overrun us somewhat in the second half (Pepe looks like a useful addition for them btw), but I thought we held up reasonably well all things considered.

The respective outlays on Los Celso and Ndombele suggest that they will be the midfield pairing of choice once both fit and established enough. Once that happens, hopefully we will be better placed to control those phases of the game where the tempo needs to be slowed down a bit and possession retained, just to ease the pressure on the backline.

All that said, it's a massive shame that we couldn't hold the 2 goal lead until half time. Particularly given the number of opportunities we had to clear our lines.

I have not read all the posts on here but I think there was quite of lot to be encouraged by from yesterday's game. We actually created a decent number of openings and played some nice football in spells.

They did, at times, threaten to overrun us somewhat in the second half (Pepe looks like a useful addition for them btw), but I thought we held up reasonably well all things considered.

The respective outlays on Los Celso and Ndombele suggest that they will be the midfield pairing of choice once both fit and established enough. Once that happens, hopefully we will be better placed to control those phases of the game where the tempo needs to be slowed down a bit and possession retained, just to ease the pressure on the backline.

All that said, it's a massive shame that we couldn't hold the 2 goal lead until half time. Particularly given the number of opportunities we had to clear our lines.

I still say the over running thing only came as they had no choice
They were 2 down at home and it become a real brick or bust story... just go for it or stick with a plan. It’s so rare that the team holds the lead in these games at the effeminates

I still say the over running thing only came as they had no choice
They were 2 down at home and it become a real brick or bust story... just go for it or stick with a plan. It’s so rare that the team holds the lead in these games at the effeminates

I don't necessarily disagree mate. Yes, they were always going to go hell for leather in the second half but for the opposition, it's how you deal with it. With a bit more composure, control and quality, particularly in midfield, we could actually have turned the situation to our advantage I feel. Still, much easier said than done. Particularly in games as full blooded and emotional as this one.

fudging Graeme Le Saux is so anti Tottenham when presenting. Every thing that went our way was because of their mistakes and yet everything that they did well was because of their great play. It really tinkles me off when a pundit cannot stay neutral when commentating. In the studio after the game, I don't care, but during the game try to be at least a little even.

I don't necessarily disagree mate. Yes, they were always going to go hell for leather in the second half but for the opposition, it's how you deal with it. With a bit more composure, control and quality, particularly in midfield, we could actually have turned the situation to our advantage I feel. Still, much easier said than done. Particularly in games as full blooded and emotional as this one.
You're absolutely correct, we lack that composure on the ball to control those moments. It got better towards the end when Ali and Lo Celso came on as we had a couple more players have control as part of their instinct but of course it was difficult for them to get up to speed fully. I'm really praying that Ndombele who looks good so far and Lo Celso can add this to our game, a extra bit of quality and composure in CM will step us up tremendously.

Is where a player like NDombele could help and maybe Le Celso who came on and acted as a calming influence

I expected us to be beaten so a draw on paper is a good result for me - if i ignore the fact that WE were 2-0 up a minute before HT and the keystone cops defending that we showed even though we had quite a senior defensive line-up. That Lacazette goal, whilst a good finish, was simply embarrassing to concede.
We seem to have become almost scared to tackle or hoof it upfield to get back and reshape in the dying moments of halves FFS. Remember the last minute at Emirates Marketing Project in April in the CL??

I expected us to be beaten so a draw on paper is a good result for me - if i ignore the fact that WE were 2-0 up a minute before HT and the keystone cops defending that we showed even though we had quite a senior defensive line-up. That Lacazette goal, whilst a good finish, was simply embarrassing to concede.
We seem to have become almost scared to tackle or hoof it upfield to get back and reshape in the dying moments of halves FFS. Remember the last minute at Emirates Marketing Project in April in the CL??
It's strange we love to hold on to the ball but without any real escape plan, it's so brainless at times. I'm not saying just good it, but know what you intend to first. City have very clear patterns and routines and of course the technique to escape. Liverpool's technique isn't of the same quality but again they have a clear Shadow and reach player appears to know where an available teammate will be.

It's strange we love to hold on to the ball but without any real escape plan, it's so brainless at times. I'm not saying just good it, but know what you intend to first. City have very clear patterns and routines and of course the technique to escape. Liverpool's technique isn't of the same quality but again they have a clear Shadow and reach player appears to know where an available teammate will be.

After so many years you'd expect us to also have a discernible plan in terms of when to do it and when not too. The passing out from the back has often worked well, but it's clear when it wont work and we still don't adjust to the circumstances well enough.

Back