• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City and Liverpool are gonna have to be seriously below par or we need to up our game big time if we are gonna challenge them. With our squad we should finish 3rd but the top two are so far ahead and today was another reminder of that for me.

I think our effort, in the last two games particularly, has been awful. I rarely ever use the “they aren’t trying” explanation but in the last two weeks Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal looked much hungrier than us.

It’s a worry because that honesty of effort should be a given and not so long ago, we were the team who outworked other sides.

Our team is getting older. I don’t think they can press in the same way they used to.

City and Liverpool are gonna have to be seriously below par or we need to up our game big time if we are gonna challenge them. With our squad we should finish 3rd but the top two are so far ahead and today was another reminder of that for me.
I don't even think us challenging them is even a debate my friend. They are miles ahead of us. We've probably dropped as many points as we would have been able to all season if we were to mount a serious challenge. We will undoubtedly drop many many more points so let's try for 3rd 4th 5th.

I think our effort, in the last two games particularly, has been awful. I rarely ever use the “they aren’t trying” explanation but in the last two weeks Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal looked much hungrier than us.

It’s a worry because that honesty of effort should be a given and not so long ago, we were the team who outworked other sides.
I think there’s been a few goons and spammer games where we have struggled to match their season intensity. Today I thought we showed some fight with our rear guard defending. We just don’t have that many nasty types probably need Dier and Alli back in the line up to set the tone. Winks was a snappy little terrier at least you can see the game is important to him.

If you meant in terms of work rate a few seem to be in decline physically (Rose, Kane, Lamela, Toby) Eriksen is not a dynamic player despite covering the distance and Sanchez can only sprint in a straight line. Hopefully the 3 new boys will inject some dynamism but we will probably need at least 3 more faster defensive players next summer.

I think there’s been a few goons and spammer games where we have struggled to match their season intensity. Today I thought we showed some fight with our rear guard defending. We just don’t have that many nasty types probably need Dier and Alli back in the line up to set the tone. Winks was a snappy little terrier at least you can see the game is important to him.

If you meant in terms of work rate a few seem to be in decline physically (Rose, Kane, Lamela, Toby) Eriksen is not a dynamic player despite covering the distance and Sanchez can only sprint in a straight line. Hopefully the 3 new boys will inject some dynamism but we will probably need at least 3 more faster defensive players next summer.

I kind of meant that in 50:50s our players looked to be strolling to the ball and their lads busted a gut to get there. They were stronger in the challenge too. We also didnt put pressure on the ball at times when we should have. It fudged me off no end. I take the point about the squad getting older but there’s more to it for me.

Winks busted a gut to get us going again with some tasty challenges and Sissoko, as much as I don’t rate the guy, went hard into a tackle and won the ball which sort of shook us from our slumber. I thought those two particularly stood up to be counted when some others were hiding.

Lots to analyse from that game. I feel like we've lost a bit of confidence. We had chances to put them to the sword and needed a bit more belief to do it.

We don't impose our game enough onto other sides. We are too easily pushed into playing the other teams game - see 'castle game last week. We need to imposing our way of playing. It would give us confidence, and stop silly goals like their first where we just fall apart.

But it was a good performance, so I'm personally happy. We should have had a pen and with a bit more belief and pomp we win that. If it was clear and obvious, the ref would have fuking seen it. What is the point of VAR?

I kind of meant that in 50:50s our players looked to be strolling to the ball and their lads busted a gut to get there. They were stronger in the challenge too. We also didnt put pressure on the ball at times when we should have. It fudged me off no end. I take the point about the squad getting older but there’s more to it for me.

Winks busted a gut to get us going again with some tasty challenges and Sissoko, as much as I don’t rate the guy, went hard into a tackle and won the ball which sort of shook us from our slumber. I thought those two particularly stood up to be counted when some others were hiding.
Maybe that does come down to the ageing squad thing then but perhaps a little misplaced arrogance? We definitely didn’t match them last time we played and West Ham have outfought us a few times recently.

Maybe that does come down to the ageing squad thing then but perhaps a little misplaced arrogance? We definitely didn’t match them last time we played and West Ham have outfought us a few times recently.

Playing us defines their season, it's no longer a joke playing Spurs is West Ham's CL Final, virtually everything is forgiven if they get results against us, it's a terrible indictment of the club.

Some thing that always amazes me in these games
We take the lead and sometimes play well but it means they have to go full on brick or bust and put everything into it which makes us look weaker
That game goes in 2 nil at half time and they would wilt after 15 in the second half. The goal gave them something to chase as it always does
They have some very good players but their also full of workmanlike bang average ones and this game defines their season... amazed they didn’t go flying flags after the game to celebrate a point gained

We will not win anything until we learn to defend properly. It is a major concern. City and Liverpool do not get caught out at the back like we do.

Yep. And when they play each other they are far more disciplined and organised than us.

Getting outclassed by Emirates Marketing Project is nothing to be ashamed of but we made Arsenal look like world beaters today when in reality they are at best the 4th best team in the league, they’re not all that at all. Yes it’s a derby and they are always up for it against us but we barely troubled their defence in the second half which is worse than ours when one more goal would have finished them off.

There was a lot of "space protection" and not diving in. Their speed meant that any tight 50/50s would have to be won 100% or else they would be in and off. That is the power of triple pace in a side.I actually thought that part of our game was fine, it was the small details where we switched off which cost us. The first goal was just stupid.

Yep. And when they play each other they are far more disciplined and organised than us.

Getting outclassed by Emirates Marketing Project is nothing to be ashamed of but we made Arsenal look like world beaters today when in reality they are at best the 4th best team in the league, they’re not all that at all. Yes it’s a derby and they are always up for it against us but we barely troubled their defence in the second half which is worse than ours when one more goal would have finished them off.
Our midfield was rightly outclassed by theirs, it meant the pressure was incessant. We had no ability to keep the ball under pressure nor to switch it quickly. I keep saying it over and over again but between Sissoko and Winks we don't have a passer. Even for them Guendozj showed how you spread ball about, as example by their 2nd goal. Can you imagine Sissoko being able to play that pass. [emoji58]

Our attack wasn't bad today the few times they were able to get into the game, the defense was a bit of a shambles but they were under constant due to the midfield inability to function. The sooner we are free of the Winks/Sissoko pairing the better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Our midfield was rightly outclassed by theirs, it meant the pressure was incessant. We had no ability to keep the ball under pressure nor to switch it quickly. I keep saying it over and over again but between Sissoko and Winks we don't have a passer. Even for them Guendozj showed how you spread ball about, as example by their 2nd goal. Can you imagine Sissoko being able to play that pass. [emoji58]

Our attack wasn't bad today the few times they were able to get into the game, the defense was a bit of a shambles but they were under constant due to the midfield inability to function. The sooner we are free of the Winks/Sissoko pairing the better.

The sooner we are free of Sissoko the better. Hopefully Ndombele will be back from injury after the International window, ready to show just what he can do.

Bit of context though regarding our defending. Every single time we play the goons at the Emirates they pepper us with attack. It's just the way it is its how they play football. I wouldn't read too much into it. If it was another team there wouldnt be as many attacks as that apart from maybe city which is what happened the other week.

Yes there were some times when we had some bad defending but I thought our counter attack was quite good it's just a lot of times the wrong decision was made where son wanted to take everyone on when the pass to someone else was on. Kane for example should have been a bit more greedy at the end rather than passing to Sissoko who we all knew was going to balloon it. The fact we didn't get smashed which from every arsenal fan I spoke to was saying was going to happen (and me as well) bodes well. We have a break which I think we needed even though its 4 games in and we can start again against Palace at home on 14th.

Last edited:
Playing us defines their season, it's no longer a joke playing Spurs is West Ham's CL Final, virtually everything is forgiven if they get results against us, it's a terrible indictment of the club.
So that makes it ok when we lose to them then? Because they tried extra hard as it’s important game for their fans?

Back