• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I’ll throw one name into the equation... Mustaffi... won a World Cup
Played too
Utter brick
Team game and he was covered by his team mates

Last season the kid at pool was on the bench in the CL final and still wore his medal when getting his hair cut!!!!

Origi scored every shot he had last season for pool in the CL... is he World class because that could be argued

Someone said earlier they use their eyes when judging WC players.. you have to watch a LOT of football for that to work but I agree with the principle

Eriksen has stood out in games against Chelsea away when they were good and scored, city away and scored, Madrid at home, Chelsea at home when they were unbeatable (2 quality assists), pool Wembley when he scored, United away when he scored ... sure he scored the winner vs Inter at Wembley last season in a massive crunch game

Those were games I saw against BIG sides just from memory and ive drunk 2 bottles of wine
You're absolutely entitled to think he's world class but it is clear to me that my definition of world class a s yours differ somewhat. Eriksen is a good player for me, great one for us, a guy that absolutely makes my pants sticky but that doesn't make him WC for me and I don't mind that he's not it doesn't really make any difference. But I'm not going to pretend he is world class when my eyes quite clearly show me different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Is someone in hear trying to say that De Bruyne isn't world class or have I misunderstood?

I'm struggling to think of a better centre midfielder than him. He can do everything, both ways.

The player Pogba wishes he was.

Is someone in hear trying to say that De Bruyne isn't world class or have I misunderstood?

I'm struggling to think of a better centre midfielder than him. He can do everything, both ways.

The player Pogba wishes he was.
I’ve said Eriksen had better stats and arguably is more key for club and country
But apparently those things don’t matter

I have to say I don't think Eriksen is quite world class but I don't really care about these labels. He's been in our top 2 most important players almost the entire time he's been here and a huge part of our recent success. I feel like its a slightly moot point as to what to call him.

One thing I keep thinking though (and have kept thinking and saying for 10+ plus years now) is how strange it is how little we win considering how many world class or apparently top players we have. You can only put it down to luck for so often.

I'm often reading we've got among the best cbs in the league, best striker in the world, one of the league's top 2/3 keepers, world class attacking midfielders. Just a squad oozing with world class talent apparently, going back to the days of Lennon, Huddlestone and Dawson.

If we do have these players and Eriksen is as good as KDB, Vertonghen as good as Van Dijk, Kane better than everyone, Lloris better than De Gea, Poch the equal of Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola etc etc, I'd like to start seeing that reflected in our trophy cabinet.

I have to say I don't think Eriksen is quite world class but I don't really care about these labels. He's been in our top 2 most important players almost the entire time he's been here and a huge part of our recent success. I feel like its a slightly moot point as to what to call him.

One thing I keep thinking though (and have kept thinking and saying for 10+ plus years now) is how strange it is how little we win considering how many world class or apparently top players we have. You can only put it down to luck for so often.

I'm often reading we've got among the best cbs in the league, best striker in the world, one of the league's top 2/3 keepers, world class attacking midfielders. Just a squad oozing with world class talent apparently, going back to the days of Lennon, Huddlestone and Dawson.

If we do have these players and Eriksen is as good as KDB, Vertonghen as good as Van Dijk, Kane better than everyone, Lloris better than De Gea, Poch the equal of Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola etc etc, I'd like to start seeing that reflected in our trophy cabinet.

Yep. But trophies are just for egos remember?
Perhaps sadly for us Eriksen remembers that too, hence he wants out...

That’s a brilliant post

Could be argued last season we almost won the biggest club trophy in world football and IMHO would have with a barely competent ref

I think it costs down to luck to a luck to a point with things like injuries but a big thing is the weakest links... that’s where you should compare sides as thats where the best players expose teams

I guess that’s just a selection of opinions from across the board though. There’s also equal opposite to these opinions on here as well, yet we finish top 4 each season and CL final last season.

The answer, as always, is somewhere in the middle.

I believe Coutinhos numbers were very close, I remember all the arguments on here as to who was better.

Ozil isn't a bad player (when he turns up), but the question was do you think he is world class?

Not sure I consider de Bruyne world class, but I do think he is better than Eriksen
It's only the ones that suit your agenda you consider world class.
"Not sure I consider de Bruyne world class"
Hahhaha!!

Hope we keep Eriksen for this season at least. It will really unsettle the team if we let his go now. It might influence other players to move elsewhere as well.

I’ve said Eriksen had better stats and arguably is more key for club and country
But apparently those things don’t matter

They don't. Vardy is more key to Leicester than Kane is to Spurs, does that make Vardy a better player? Zaha is more key to CP than Son is to Spurs does that make Zaha a better player?

This a silly logic you're using. If you think Eriksen is better than De Bruyne by all means think so but don't use silly logic he's more important for his country. Belgium are a better side than Denmark, they have more talents so De Bruyne is not going to be as singularly key to then as Eriksen will be to Denmark, that doesn't make him the better player. [emoji2367]

I was going to make this exact same post. Football fans are tribal and fixated on the quality and status of their own players. There is no way in hell that if Dr Bruyne played for Spurs and Eriksen for City that the same people would be claiming the reverse of their quality.

They don't. Vardy is more key to Leicester than Kane is to Spurs, does that make Vardy a better player? Zaha is more key to CP than Son is to Spurs does that make Zaha a better player?

This a silly logic you're using. If you think Eriksen is better than De Bruyne by all means think so but don't use silly logic he's more important for his country. Belgium are a better side than Denmark, they have more talents so De Bruyne is not going to be as singularly key to then as Eriksen will be to Denmark, that doesn't make him the better player. [emoji2367]

What are you on about... you seem to just want to argue ab opinion

Eriksen is more important for us than de Bruyne is for city as city have better other players to cover for him when he isn’t there (they won’t the league without him)

And eriksen shining in an inferior side at club and international level shows how food he is

What are you on about... you seem to just want to argue ab opinion

Eriksen is more important for us than de Bruyne is for city as city have better other players to cover for him when he isn’t there (they won’t the league without him)

And eriksen shining in an inferior side at club and international level shows how food he is

Lol no I don't want to argue. You seemed to be saying Eriksen is the better player (or at least the same quality) because he is more important to inferior teams.

If that isn't your argument then you need to be a bit clearer.

Looks as if he’ll stay now - yesterday was deadline day according to Poch. If that’s the case then he should be on the pitch from the start today.

Lol no I don't want to argue. You seemed to be saying Eriksen is the better player (or at least the same quality) because he is more important to inferior teams.

If that isn't your argument then you need to be a bit clearer.

I’m saying eriksen is world class as he gets similar stats in key areas as a player most would say is WC yet eriksen is playing in the inferior side

But again people’s opinions on what is WC varies

For me it’s comes down to producing best in class results for your position at the highest level

I think if he starts he's staying.

Ourside Kane and Eriksen we don't have world class talent ozing out the squad. Poch has built his team out of talented hard working players who have to attain athlete levels of fitness. We also have never had the depth of other teams squads. But.....

...we are strong today than we have ever been. I hope Eriksen can stay and sign a contract with a release clause which might see him go in Jan or next summer for a nominal fee.

Back