• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never confident at their place and we could really do with the players being up for it and on form. Think Arse will be very attack minded, can see them playing Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe as a front 3 and with Ceballos pulling the strings they'll be very dangerous. For me we have to be solid with a back 3 or 5 and try to hit them on the counter with pace so I would play at least one of Moura or Son up top with Kane behind. With who seems to be available I'd go with:
-----------------------Lloris-----------------------
---Sanchez-Alderweireld-Vertonghen
Sissoko-----------------------------------Rose
-----------Winks----Dier-----Eriksen--------
----------------Son------------Kane--------------

Subs: Gazza, Davies, Lo Celso, Lamela, Dele, Moura, Parrott

Never confident at their place and we could really do with the players being up for it and on form. Think Arse will be very attack minded, can see them playing Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe as a front 3 and with Ceballos pulling the strings they'll be very dangerous. For me we have to be solid with a back 3 or 5 and try to hit them on the counter with pace so I would play at least one of Moura or Son up top with Kane behind. With who seems to be available I'd go with:

I like that team and formation for this game.
Need to control midfield and exploit the space they will leave wide. Rose and Sissoko can so that, but a back three and Dier DM will be needed to stop the counter attacks.
Give them any space to attack and they can rip up apart.
Get at their defence and they can fall apart.

I think Poch will go

----------------Lloris
Dier Alderweireld Sanchez Rose
-----------Sissoko Winks
-----Son---- Eriksen---Lo Celso
----------------Kane

Can't see Alli going straight into the team.
Sanchez will play to in an attempt to deal with their pace.
Not many options in central midfield with Ndombele out. Perhaps Lo Celso could play in a three there.
Eriksen will start. It would be suicide by Poch not to play him.
Only real option at right back is Dier with Sissoko needed in midfield.
If Poch doesnt trust Lo Celso yet I can see him playing Lamela.

With Dier out, Sissoko has to go to right back.
The midfield is too lightweight with just Winks and another. He will go back to the diamond.
Tactically this leaves Arsenal bricky full backs as their free men.

---------------------Lloris
Sissoko Alderweireld Sanchez Rose
------------------- Winks
--------------Alli-------Lo Celso
-------------------Eriksen
----------------Son-----Kane

Tough to come up with a team with all the injury problems. Doesnt bode well!

We really could do without another slow start. If we are chasing the game from early it could get ugly.

With Dier out, Sissoko has to go to right back.
The midfield is too lightweight with just Winks and another. He will go back to the diamond.
Tactically this leaves Arsenal bricky full backs as their free men.

---------------------Lloris
Sissoko Alderweireld Sanchez Rose
------------------- Winks
--------------Alli-------Lo Celso
-------------------Eriksen
----------------Son-----Kane

I would go with this as well, we can’t defend properly so we may as well
Attack

With the team news I would go 433 fudge it, all out attack those clams

............................Loris

Aurier/Sissoko .....Toby......... Vertonghen......Davies

.............................Winks

.............Eriksen....................Lo Celso/Alli

Moura ......................................................Son

......................... ..... Kane

If Alli and Aurier are capable of at least 60 min they start.

Can't Davies play at RB for one match or can't Rose play there with Davies at LB. Feels like we are very light on numbers and anyone who's fit will be in the squad at least.

Aurier hasn't played a competitive game since February for us apparently, can't see him starting.

Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur on Super Sunday - with guests Jose Mourinho and Sol Campbell - from 4pm on Sky Sports Premier League; kick-off 4.30pm.

Yuck!

That’s a joke Mourinho is working for Sky so should be neutral, but having that Judas clam on tv is bad enough by itself, but without the clown shoe being countered by a spurs guest it’s beyond, although I’m sure they will try and justify it by having the graphic and introducing the clam as ex us too, to make our he represents both.

So with the news of Dier's injury and doubts on Dele's fitness levels I'd keep the same shape but move Winks central of the 3, Eriksen to the right and bring in Lamela.

Dier isnt definitely out is he? Just some comment in the team news about some twinge in his hip. If he's fit, I expect him to play RB.

If not I expect to see Aurier play there even though he'll be rusty given that I think Poch will ideally want to keep Sissoko in CM (based on paper talk, it sounds like a move away for Aurier is off).

If Aurier is fit, then I think Sissoko is next choice on the basis that it would be better to move Sissoko from CM than move TA from CB

I've been supporting Spurs for over 30 years, but to be honest, it's a very long time since I've been less excited about the NLD.
The whole team just look disjointed.

Back