• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2019/20 - Round of 16: RB Leipzig

Pleased with that. Main thing which I wanted from the CL this season is to get through the group - after that the draw for the last 16 can massively differ the possibility of how far its easy to get so main thing is just being in the mix and seeing what happens. We should aim for last 16 CL every year - not an unreasonable target

Satisfied with the draw. It has been a long time since we met Bayern Munich, Olympiacos and Red Star Belgrade in Europe. The last time we met Bayern, we went on to win the UEFA Cup in 1984 while met Olympiacos and Red Star Belgrade when we reached the UEFA Cup semi final in 1973. So, maybe these teams will bring us lucky charm again.

But we have to treat all 3 teams with respect. Bayern are one of the traditional powers of Europe as they have reached at least the CL semi finals in 7 of the last 10 years. But we have a score to settle with Bayern for denying us the CL place by losing to Chelsea in the CL final in 2012. we can get inspiration from by the fact we beat Bayern to win the Audi Cup at their home in pre-season. Olympiacos have lot of CL experience as they will be playing in the CL group stages for the 19th time. Red Star Belgrade used to be very strong in the 1990s as they won the 1991 European Cup but have gone down in recent years. But they did beat Liverpool at home in the CL last year. Let's hope we will play to our best potential and progress to the next stages.

I don’t think Ajax will be much cop this year, Valencia were pretty feeble going out in the EUFA cup last season and I know nothing of Lille.

They’ve probably got the 2nd/3rd easiest group?

Let's hope you're wrong and they struggle..

Ajax will still have the core of last seasons team and will be up for proving they're a decent outfit, despite the departure of a couple of their star players ...

Valencia, we just don't know but as you say they were pretty feeble losing the EL semi-final to Arsenal.. Although it can be said that a two-legged game can sometimes just run away from you..

Lille is from a League that is decent, high in technique so I'm thinking they can score goals against this Chelsea defence... Well I'm hoping..

That would be ok, but I've been hoping that Roman cans him before x-mas.

That would be good if it all goes tits up for them ...However, I've got a sneaking suspicion that the transfer ban will work in their favor, a few of their english players will shine and he will do well for them..

If there are 2 clubs from the same nation, one of them has to go to group A, B, C or D and the other into group E, F, G or H.

Club Bruges had already been drawn into group A, so Genk could not go to group B, C or D.
And the reason for that?

EDKbjrRXkAAXy09
Does it bother anyone that all the teams in our group have red as their main color? :D

Any idea why all our Home games are on a Tuesday?
Because group A-D and E-H play on separate days, but switch days every other round.

That also means we'll play Saturday in the PL, which is a kind of a good thing.
The bad thing is that Bayern will 100% get their game before we play them, moved to friday.
No such service from the PL bastards.

Our CL squad list (A list)
Hugo Lloris
Paulo Gazzaniga

Danny Rose
Toby Alderweireld
Jan Vertonghen
Davinson Sanchez
Eric Dier
Kyle Walker-Peters
Serge Aurier
Ben Davies

Son Heung-min
Harry Winks
Erik Lamela
Victor Wanyama
Moussa Sissoko
Giovani Lo Celso
Ryan Sessegnon
Dele Alli
Christian Eriksen
Lucas Moura
Tanguy Ndombele

Harry Kane
Troy Parrott

Foyth is on the B list, as he has been with Spurs for over 2 years, as is Skipp and academy GKs Whiteman and Austin.

Back