• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Rose couldn't do anything other than let that ball bounce. He had made up a good 20 yards to get anywhere near the ball and was massively second favourite to win it before the bounce, had he dived in then he risked missing the ball and McGinn being clean through or even a red card for taking out McGinn as last man. He did the right thing in staying on his feet.

Rose actually hesitated just momentarily slightly before / as it bounced which left him behind, meaning he dived in.

He didn’t read it well, and as last man covering ultimately it’s on him. But hey, it happens. Didn’t cost us in the end.

Rose actually hesitated just momentarily slightly before / as it bounced which left him behind, meaning he dived in.

He didn’t read it well, and as last man covering ultimately it’s on him. But hey, it happens. Didn’t cost us in the end.

results wise no, but extra effort was expended chasing the game, every mistake has an effect down the line

To be fair, this situation does seem to be a bit open to interpretation since we don't know the specific instructions the players received. Sissoko does let McGinn run... initially I thought it wasn't his fault but he should have seen that Toby, Winks, Ndombele were all ahead of him so he would have to cover because another Villa player was on the right as @metalgear stated. But maybe he thought Rose would have the situation under control.

As for Davinson, I felt that Wesley was trying to occupy him and take him out of the play so that McGinn would be left with a 1v1 with Rose and only Hugo to beat. I personally don't put all the blame of this goal on Sanchez since there seemed to be a collective brain fart happening.
Sissoko, Rose and Sanchez all to blame imo. Sanchez least of the three as he dealt with his man and a challenge at least.

Sissoko either not being aware of McGinn or just not tracing him and Rose not moving to cover earlier were the main culprits imo.

After this season we'll have to assess whether it's worth keeping him, a very promising debut season followed by a very poor season with a number of mistakes where he was out of position and lacked anticipation heavily and that seems to have continued into this season. He's still young but we'll have to take a decision on whether he's going to become one of the 2 starting CB's for say the next 5 years. Based on what I've seen I worry he won't make the cut though there's of course still time - he's already been at fault for 2 of the 3 goals conceded this season with sloppy errors.

After this season we'll have to assess whether it's worth keeping him, a very promising debut season followed by a very poor season with a number of mistakes where he was out of position and lacked anticipation heavily and that seems to have continued into this season. He's still young but we'll have to take a decision on whether he's going to become one of the 2 starting CB's for say the next 5 years. Based on what I've seen I worry he won't make the cut though there's of course still time - he's already been at fault for 2 of the 3 goals conceded this season with sloppy errors.

I fear he is another Wilson Palacios in the making. Impressive in early games but just couldn't cut the same stupid mistakes from his game.

Watched the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal again earlier and wow, Sanchez’s positioning was awful for a professional defender with apparently high potential ability. I want him to succeed, but he has too many weaknesses in his game right now. He needs to sort it out or he will be gone

Watched the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal again earlier and wow, Sanchez’s positioning was awful for a professional defender with apparently high potential ability. I want him to succeed, but he has too many weaknesses in his game right now. He needs to sort it out or he will be gone

He is hardly an isolated case. Let's see how he fares when and if Poch starts getting his brick together!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Sanchez is currently a right-footed CB playing on the left. I know it doesn't sound like much, y'know "EEE'S IN THE MIDDLE AND THE MIDDLE AIN'T LEFT OR ROIGHT" and all that, but actually, yes, it really is a lot. Everything is different, especially with long balls over the top. I am personally very critical of the lack of proper cover he has had given the fact he is "doing a job".

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Sanchez is currently a right-footed CB playing on the left. I know it doesn't sound like much, y'know "EEE'S IN THE MIDDLE AND THE MIDDLE AIN'T LEFT OR ROIGHT" and all that, but actually, yes, it really is a lot. Everything is different, especially with long balls over the top. I am personally very critical of the lack of proper cover he has had given the fact he is "doing a job".
Yup, which makes it doubly baffling that Vertonghen is being benched when he’d be a far better partner (and mentor) for Sanchez.

Completely agree, Sanchez has been given a lot of unfair slagging ( imo) from some fans but he has had to put up with Toby going walkabout on several occasions and Rose being unable to give good covering when the ball is on the opposite flank.

Completely agree, Sanchez has been given a lot of unfair slagging ( imo) from some fans but he has had to put up with Toby going walkabout on several occasions and Rose being unable to give good covering when the ball is on the opposite flank.

It’s not unfair IMO but similarly I agree that Toby gets away Scott free every time

Sanchez cannot play against physical forwards

Back