• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Juve are so far ahead of the rest there and have the resources to stay there. They are basically Celtic, which is odd as traditionally Italy had several strong teams.

Even in our current drought I would back us to beat the Milan clubs and Roma.

Juve are so far ahead of the rest there and have the resources to stay there. They are basically Celtic, which is odd as traditionally Italy had several strong teams.

Even in our current drought I would back us to beat the Milan clubs and Roma.

There used be a handful of clubs with very wealthy owners, but they're more or less gone. They can no longer buy all the best players or pay off the refs like they used to and the stadia are in a dire state. If the top clubs go through with their plans to build proper football grounds, then maybe Serie A could see a revival.

One of the Spanish giants, I would've thought

Bayern.

Anything good out of Dortmund tends to end up there. I don't think Klopp's past with Dortmund would be a negative for such a move in Germany. It's not like here where its inconceivable he would move to United.

I think the complete lack of tactical thought from both the team and the manager will cause them a lot of problems once people work out the answer to their style.

Yep, but the 'Liverpool Football Club' factor has kicked in and teams seem to be incapable of putting up any meaningful resistance when they play therm. This it what happens when you're the 'nations second favourite team'.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ent-criticises-liverpool-in-twitter-statement

Interesting story and a more interesting response from the club. If the player feels deeply depressed surely they have an obligation to look into it, not dismiss it out of hand?

Alternative viewing is the agent is acting the clam trying to force a move the player wants, and the club arent going to entertain it?

Im loathe to stick up for Liverpool, but Im inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Duncan left City for Liverpool last year, probably expecting to break through. And now he hasnt been given a loan he wanted he is sulking in his room.

Not sure that Liverpool have actually done anything wrong there at all.

I loath Liverpool and its cult-like following.
But I would be telling porkies saying I wouldn't love Spurs to show similar commitment and fight.

Alternative viewing is the agent is acting the clam trying to force a move the player wants, and the club arent going to entertain it?

Im loathe to stick up for Liverpool, but Im inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Duncan left City for Liverpool last year, probably expecting to break through. And now he hasnt been given a loan he wanted he is sulking in his room.

Not sure that Liverpool have actually done anything wrong there at all.

Im sorry I don't agree, if someone in my company said they suffered mental health issues here I would investigate it and give it the due attention and concern it deserves. I have no idea of knowing factually when, how or if someone is suffering until they say they are and if they say they are then you have to take their word for it especially with something like this.

To dismiss it out of hand, I am sorry its not on for me and thats not just because its Liverpool, I find their statement silly in all honesty.

If Im reading the article right, whats happening is:

Player joins club from rival.
Player does well in U23s.
Player doesnt break into team (yet?).
Player demands loan, specifying where.
Club refuse.
Players agent says he is in his room and is very sad and because the player didnt get his own way Liverpool are "bullying and mentally destroying" him.
Club makes following statement.

"As the interests of the player in question are not best served by either inaccurate speculation, inflammatory statements or public discourse, we will be making no further comment.

"We will, however, continue our efforts to work privately with the player to find resolution in the best interests of all involved."

So far as I can see the club have done nothing wrong.

They are taking it in house, and trying to look after the player, and see no sense it playing it all out publicly.

If a player comes out actively and says they are depressed you have to take them at word, any other speculation isn't really relevant.

And just because its football and a club like Liverpool does not make it any less relevant. He is on his last year, he is on a small wage relatively and he was not allowed out on loan, I can see why that would cause someone to be anxious about their future. And the lad said all he wants to do is play football.

The would have been better served to say "we are sorry to hear Duncan's concerns and also that he feels XYZ, we are committed to working with Duncan and resolving this as a players mental wellbeing is of paramount importance to us.

To me it reads "whats that a players depressed, no they cant be, what a load of rubbish"

I think you are projecting a hell of a lot there mate, to be honest.

Liverpool have said they will work with the player and wont be dealing with everything in public, the absolute right response.

The player has said nothing, by the way, from what we are told. Its his agent. And you know what they are like...

Back