• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Make your mind up. Is “Apocalypse” on the big screen tomorrow, or now?!!!

Seriously though, great film. Where’s that on and how come it’s coming around again?

Picturehouse cinema chain are screening it tonight across most of their branches - they regularly screen the classics, I'm going to the one Greenwich.

Will also be my first ever solo cinema experience - couldn't tempt the GF with a near 4 hour long war movie

Picturehouse cinema chain are screening it tonight across most of their branches - they regularly screen the classics, I'm going to the one Greenwich.

Will also be my first ever solo cinema experience - couldn't tempt the GF with a near 4 hour long war movie

I went to watch this up Watford IMAX and Apocalypse Now did look awesome on the giant screen but (like most of the audience) didn’t hang around for the 45 minute long Q&A after the 3 hour long Final Cut finished tho!

Glad that multiplexes are re-showing these classics, as got to see Pulp Fiction the other week when it was back for 25th anniversary which was the first time I’ve seen Tarantino’s finest at a cinema.

Make your mind up. Is “Apocalypse” on the big screen tomorrow, or now?!!!

Seriously though, great film. Where’s that on and how come it’s coming around again?

It was beck in multiplexes for one night only but appears to showing up indie cinemas on other nights too.

Last edited:
The French plantation segment and additional Brando scenes at the end weren't really needed - not sure what else was added throughout the movie but those two bits stuck out in a negative way for me. Rest of it though - wowee what a movie and one im glad i got the chance to watch on the big screen.

No not yet though sure i will at some as it's only down the road. Used to go when i was a teenager back when it was The Odeon

Have you seen it? Theyve restored it back to its Art Deco best, got a bar and food - looks really really nice.

And the Star and Garter opposite is now craft beer place, if thats your thing.

Have you tried Bromley Picture house yet? Looks amazing. Might go there for the new Tarantino

ICYMI should you fancy watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood in Tarantino’s beloved 35mm then I see that there’s 6 prints in London: Barbican Cinema, Curzon SoHo, Genesis Cinema, Odeon Leicester Square, Picturehouse Brixton Ritzy and Picturehouse Central.

Although I don’t know what those cinemas are like, as haven’t been to Curzon SoHo or LeiSq Odeon in years and never been to the other 4.

Back