• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I quit alcohol

Mr_B

Niko Kranjcar
I'm not really sure why I'm posting this but curious as to what responses, if any I would get.

This is a personal decision, I've had a couple of minor health problems which may or may not have been affected by alcohol but this wasn't on the recommendation of a doctor.
I just wasn't "enjoying" it anymore, a 6 pack would literally ruin me for 2 days and i was never the sort to have just the odd beer so I'm 3 weeks sober and apart from one saturday night in a social setting, really have't missed it.
maybe I'll drink again at some point but being an ex-smoker and then watching others smoke, I'm like, why did I do that?

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this but curious as to what responses, if any I would get.

This is a personal decision, I've had a couple of minor health problems which may or may not have been affected by alcohol but this wasn't on the recommendation of a doctor.
I just wasn't "enjoying" it anymore, a 6 pack would literally ruin me for 2 days and i was never the sort to have just the odd beer so I'm 3 weeks sober and apart from one saturday night in a social setting, really have't missed it.
maybe I'll drink again at some point but being an ex-smoker and then watching others smoke, I'm like, why did I do that?

Good luck mate and don't let anyone convince you to turn back to it.

I have funny relationship with drink. Don't drink for a couple of months without thinking about it. But if I ever get smashed that is when bad things happen.

Good on you, I can take it or leave it when it comes to booze

I've had gambling issues and tomorrow am pleased to say I am 9 weeks without a bet, am feeling so much better for it and financially loving it !!

Good for you mate. Keep it up.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It's good to let something like booze go for a while. You'll sleep better, dream deeper and wake up feeling fresher and more confident about yourself.

Probably lose a bit of weight, too, as bad food choices often accompany overindulgence of alcohol. Really important to have that sense of control as you pass into middle age and weight becomes important to monitor.

Amazing to watch others around you get tinkled while you take it all in while sober. Makes you think carefully about how you go about resuming alcohol consumption. Legalized cannabis has recently made drinking less attractive. Not fond of mixing the two.

Last edited:
It's good to let something like booze go for a while. You'll sleep better, dream deeper and wake up feeling fresher and more confident about yourself.

Probably lose a bit of weight, too, as bad food choices often accompany overindulgence of alcohol. Really important to have that sense of control as you pass into middle age and weight becomes important to monitor.

Amazing to watch others around you get tinkled while you take it all in while sober. Makes you think carefully about how you go about resuming alcohol consumption. Legalized cannabis has recently made drinking less attractive. Not fond of mixing the two.
They work really well together but need balancing with an upper. I'd recommend cocaine and not being the miserable sober one when everyone else is having fun ;)

I stopped ten years ago, using the same Allen Carr method that I used on cigarettes eight years before that. Don’t miss it at all. What was slightly disconcerting was the discovery that waking up with vague unease, nausea, guilt, dread, headaches and gloom wasn’t a hangover thing, just part of the human condition. As was becoming fatter with age.

And to Scara’s point, we teetotallers may be boring (to be fair, I was pretty dull beforehand; you wouldn’t want to be cornered by me at a party in any state) but blimey, you drunkards are risibly repetitive after a couple of hours.

Booze is bad for you. It’s marketed by a breathtakingly cynical industry in all sorts of cunning, insidious ways, so stopping it is an achievement to be proud of. Good work @Mr_B

I stopped ten years ago, using the same Allen Carr method that I used on cigarettes eight years before that. Don’t miss it at all. What was slightly disconcerting was the discovery that waking up with vague unease, nausea, guilt, dread, headaches and gloom wasn’t a hangover thing, just part of the human condition. As was becoming fatter with age.

And to Scara’s point, we teetotallers may be boring (to be fair, I was pretty dull beforehand; you wouldn’t want to be cornered by me at a party in any state) but blimey, you drunkards are risibly repetitive after a couple of hours.

Booze is bad for you. It’s marketed by a breathtakingly cynical industry in all sorts of cunning, insidious ways, so stopping it is an achievement to be proud of. Good work @Mr_B
But it's fun

I need to have a bit of a time off of it.
Found myself drinking almost every night for a month, just habit and social situations, wasn't enjoying it.

Makes first dates tricky, its always a drink to start with

My life with alcohol is unmanageable. I have a bad relationship with it and my thinking and behaviour when I drink leads to shame, remorse and guilt on a consistent basis. If I drink its Russian roulette as to what will happen afterwards. I’m grateful to be just under two years sober and finding happiness in sobriety. Life is fudging good and much more manageable than my drinking and using days.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

No longer working in the city helped me reduce my enormous alcohol intake by a fair percentage.

Also having kids now has put paid to the rest of the fun. Hangovers at over 45 are just intolerably miserable.

I might enjoy a couple of afternoon pints every other month now, but have even started craftily turning them into shandies!

Haha, 26 year old me is disgusted at 46 year old me! And not for the reasons of increased sexual depravity one would have hoped for either....

I quit drinking for a month or two every year. I feel so much better, lose weight, I'm more productive, have more disposable income and I still find loads of really fun things to do.

I'm just back from the Reading Festival, so I've been drinking 5 days straight, lunchtime until ~5am and I can feel an extended break coming on*

*possibly start the break after the NLD

I stopped drinking after the league cup final defeat to utd in 2009....

Most people don't understand when I tell them that I don't drink. Just confusion

But the fact that I don't eat chocolate genuinely fudges people off

I stopped drinking after the league cup final defeat to utd in 2009....

Most people don't understand when I tell them that I don't drink. Just confusion

But the fact that I don't eat chocolate genuinely fudges people off
Means more for me

Back