• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing much to say after that, except I've watched 3 games this season, and only seen about 10 minutes of decent football. Would it be possible, I wonder, for us to start playing for more than about the last 20 minutes of games, Mauricio? Tx

15 points in 15 games, not reeeeeaaaaalllllly knee jerking

Something is wrong at the club currently

Truth is we've over achieved under him. Not massively but we have and expectations are raised. Now we are in a transition phase. New players, some leaving, and a new stadium. Statistically it takes time to bed into a new stadium. So there is no panic from me. Just want to see us move the ball quicker, and improve our movement, especially out wide to get behind teams that sit deep.

We have to give Poch time to build our new midfield. But...if you don't like it...Mourinho was in the stands today. Poch and Eriksen to RM, Mourinho waiting in the wings.

Taking the bait, I’ve seen a few references to AVB’s team.

Bale didn’t bail him out, the system was based on minimising opponent opportunities and feeding Bale in positions he can score from (anywhere on the pitch). Opinions on the validity of that will vary, but at least it was defined.

Would anyone call what we saw today defined?

I will always get behind the team regardless but for the first time under Poch I have no belief that we can win anything and go into games fearing the result.

The Poch team that finished second in the league; I believed we were going to win every game home and away and thought it was a travesty we didn’t win any silverware that season. This team, meh.

I don’t normally talk tactics because frankly I don’t have the nous to, however this diamond formation we persevere with is a fudging disaster. The lack of movement is a joke. The insistence on playing it out from the back against a team like City is ridiculous. Liverpool would fudging wallop it up and get their front men to give the defence something to think about. If the answer to ‘who should be our creative outlet on the right or in centre mid’ is Sissoko then we have a fudging problem.

I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t care to be honest. I just want to see this team play to their potential. Kane, I don’t know where to start. If a fan of another club challenged me at the moment saying Kane isn’t world class, I’d have to agree with them. What’s happened to him?

Seriously, rather than try to be clever, cute or imaginative with formations, tactics and first 11’s. Just get out there and fackin’ run around a bit [emoji849]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Bale didn’t bail him out, the system was based on minimising opponent opportunities and feeding Bale in positions he can score from (anywhere on the pitch). Opinions on the validity of that will vary, but at least it was defined.

I think the comparison is the possession for possession sake, you keep possession to avoid giving the opponent opportunities (can't hurt you if they don't have the ball) and to give yourself more opportunities. Like AVB's side, we are seemingly managing to win the possession game while achieving neither objective ..

But no .. not defined and the argument would be our style has not be defined for a while

Today over AVB Spurs everyday. We may not have broken through, but Moura had 2 gilt edge chances, Kane should have had a pen and missed a shot at the end. We weren't great, but we were a whole heap better than we were losing this kind of game under AVB.

Ugh, we were beaten by a team managed by Steve Bruce, that alone is unacceptable. Their Keeper made one save of note, in the first half, no urgency, didnt deserve any pens, such an insipid performance, no midweek game or fatigue, its one of those where u think about the players earning 100k a week. We used our get out of jail free card against Villa, that toon defence has at least played in this league before and they didnt really have a lot of anxious situations to deal with. I'd like to think that will be our only ugly performance of the season and we got it out of the way but I've been a supporter of this club for too long.......

An utter brickshow.

Ridiculous heat, so trains unbearable.

A numpty serving food in one of The Grill bars gave me a fecking Chicken Tikka Masala pie when I ordered a veggie one (being veggie). I only noticed when I’d eaten a third of it.

They ran out of bottled water in the North Stand by half time and it was like a sodding sauna in the stadium bowl.

The first train from WHL Station to Liverpool Street was cancelled after the game so everyone shoved on to one train - well over 100 degrees on there. Dangerously hot and we crawled along the whole sodding way.

And, on top of all of that, we were served up that complete gonad*s on the pitch.

AAAAARRRGGGGGH!

I've just found my MOTM @milo

Bale carved out chances from positions most teams would not score from, time and time again. So while AVB seemed to minimise opponent opportunities he had no idea how to maximize offensive opportunities which was shown up once Bale was gone. Tbh at the end he also had no idea how to do the former let alone the latter. We are a long way from that with Poch.

Last edited:
I'd actually sack the poch. He's fudging brick. Moaning now like Mourinho. We haven't played well at home since the stadium opened. He's brick.

Today was awful. He did nothing. He started an awful side. Played an awful side and lost to Steve fudging Bruce. Poch's time is up and as soon as we realise he's fudging brick the better.

Back