• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

But I mean in general, most teams now can hit 300+ in an ODI but the same can't be said for tests.

I know what you meant but there is a different skill/talent needed for test cricket then the hit it as hard as you can one day stuff. And because of that we really lack batsman with the ability to bat each ball on its merits ( which is what is needed in test cricket). imo

I know what you meant but there is a different skill/talent needed for test cricket then the hit it as hard as you can one day stuff. And because of that we really lack batsman with the ability to bat each ball on its merits ( which is what is needed in test cricket). imo

Oh yeh we suffer hugely from a lack of talent for tests.

Geoff is spot on:

I understand the kids have three formats to play and I know it is difficult to change between them, I accept it.

But they have coaches teaching them T20 but not Test cricket. All the kids at Yorkshire are being taught in the nets is T20.

All the administrators promote is T20 and we're getting this Hundred-ball competition next year! All they want is money, they don't care.

Some kids don't want to slog it but that's all they are taught.

Although I think Stokes would be good because he is horrible and I think thats what we need
He was reinstated as vice captain after his indiscretions so seems a possible choice. Probably shown the most batting discipline recently so we’ll probably stick him in at 3 and ruin him too!

I asked if before but is there any reason bowlers seem to rarely be captains? Broad and Anderson would both have been given a go now if they were batsmen.
I went to the 5th day at Lords and really thought we’d turned the corner for the series. Not even sure where we go from here, I’d like us to play for pride but I don’t see much changing with the current batting order / personnel.

Back