• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Low interest rates in US, plus stronger dollar.

payments for handegg games covering that interest cost without the need for money exchange fees ?

Just got emailed this:

Dear Supporter,

Ahead of Sunday’s match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we are writing to remind fans that persistent standing in our South Stand is not permitted.

Although we fully expect fans will rise up from their seats during key moments of the match, persistent standing during matches is against Ground Regulations. If we do not address the issue, we run the risk of safety authorities having to close parts of the stadium.

Persistent standing was not allowed at White Hart Lane and it is not allowed in our new stadium.

The safety bars in place at the front of the South Stand are there so that the stadium is future-proofed in the event of legislation on safe standing changing – it does not mean that fans in these areas can stand throughout the match.

Fans may not stand in any areas within the bowl during a match – this includes on accessible platforms and in aisles/gangways.

As well as the obvious safety issue it presents, we have received numerous complaints from your fellow fans whose matchday experience has been ruined by those in front of them standing throughout the match, obstructing their views of the action.

Therefore, when asked by a steward to take your seat, please take a moment to think about the implications to your fellow supporters and kindly follow the instruction.

Aggressive behaviour towards our stewards who make this request in the interests of those around you is unacceptable and we shall eject fans on the day and ban immediately or retrospectively if necessary.

As was reported towards the end of last season, the Club was forced to issue banning orders to fans who were found guilty of persistent standing – this is not something we want to have to do again.

If you witness persistent standing close to you at any of our matches - along with any form of anti-social, abusive or discriminatory behaviour, homophobic language, crime, vandalism, violence, the use of smoke bombs or pyrotechnics - please send a text to 07537404821 along with your location (block/row/seat) and the location of the offence (block/row/seat).

Text 07537404821 with - STAND (persistent standing); FOUL (language & behaviour); RACISM (racist chanting & shouting); HPH(homophobic chanting); DRINK (drinking alcohol in view of the pitch); SMOKE (smoking in the stadium);; PYRO (use of or intended use of any pyrotechnic or smoke bomb).

We are proud of the fantastic support our fans show the team throughout the season and the incredible atmosphere created.

Let’s respect fellow fans, our stewards and our new home.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Kind regards,

Tottenham Hotspur

If they really try and force this it’s going to take away the little bit of atmosphere that we have managed to generate so far and cause a conflict between fans and stewards. I’m hoping it’s a box ticking exercise

Just got emailed this:

Dear Supporter,

Ahead of Sunday’s match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we are writing to remind fans that persistent standing in our South Stand is not permitted.

Although we fully expect fans will rise up from their seats during key moments of the match, persistent standing during matches is against Ground Regulations. If we do not address the issue, we run the risk of safety authorities having to close parts of the stadium.

Persistent standing was not allowed at White Hart Lane and it is not allowed in our new stadium.

The safety bars in place at the front of the South Stand are there so that the stadium is future-proofed in the event of legislation on safe standing changing – it does not mean that fans in these areas can stand throughout the match.

Fans may not stand in any areas within the bowl during a match – this includes on accessible platforms and in aisles/gangways.

As well as the obvious safety issue it presents, we have received numerous complaints from your fellow fans whose matchday experience has been ruined by those in front of them standing throughout the match, obstructing their views of the action.

Therefore, when asked by a steward to take your seat, please take a moment to think about the implications to your fellow supporters and kindly follow the instruction.

Aggressive behaviour towards our stewards who make this request in the interests of those around you is unacceptable and we shall eject fans on the day and ban immediately or retrospectively if necessary.

:mad:
As was reported towards the end of last season, the Club was forced to issue banning orders to fans who were found guilty of persistent standing – this is not something we want to have to do again.

If you witness persistent standing close to you at any of our matches - along with any form of anti-social, abusive or discriminatory behaviour, homophobic language, crime, vandalism, violence, the use of smoke bombs or pyrotechnics - please send a text to 07537404821 along with your location (block/row/seat) and the location of the offence (block/row/seat).

Text 07537404821 with - STAND (persistent standing); FOUL (language & behaviour); RACISM (racist chanting & shouting); HPH(homophobic chanting); DRINK (drinking alcohol in view of the pitch); SMOKE (smoking in the stadium);; PYRO (use of or intended use of any pyrotechnic or smoke bomb).

We are proud of the fantastic support our fans show the team throughout the season and the incredible atmosphere created.

Let’s respect fellow fans, our stewards and our new home.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Kind regards,

Tottenham Hotspur

Me too :(

Now we've got to watch out for Mr and Mrs Busy-Body of Chelmsford in Block 254 texting our seat numbers to the authorities :rolleyes:

FFS if you don't like standing why get a ticket in the South Stand and particularly in the "Safe Standing" areas?:mad:

So now instead of have to stoop to see the pitch below the Cross-Bar I'll have to crane my neck to see over the Safe Standing Rail :confused:

If they really try and force this it’s going to take away the little bit of atmosphere that we have managed to generate so far and cause a conflict between fans and stewards. I’m hoping it’s a box ticking exercise

Used to get the same emails at WHL, they have to make a token effort

Me too :(

Now we've got to watch out for Mr and Mrs Busy-Body of Chelmsford in Block 254 texting our seat numbers to the authorities :rolleyes:

FFS if you don't like standing why get a ticket in the South Stand and particularly in the "Safe Standing" areas?:mad:

So now instead of have to stoop to see the pitch below the Cross-Bar I'll have to crane my neck to see over the Safe Standing Rail :confused:
I agree I don’t see a Correlation between not liking standing and choosing the South Stand, especially if the area you sit in is future proofed for safe standing, as you’d have to move seat at that point?

Last edited:
We used to get the same emails at WHL, pretty sure it’s just a box-ticking exercise for UEFA/FA etc. it’s not just us, other clubs issue the same statements and emails to fans standing during games.

Arsenal fans get emails about persistent standing but in the concourse during gameplay, ordering their mocha lattes and pain au chocolat en masse.

Re: people with ST’s complaining about standing in the South. This was always going to happen with the increase in ST’s for the new stadium. Some of the cheapest are in the stand and demand was high, fans grabbing what they can. I believe Emirates Marketing Project fans had the same issues when they moved to the Etihad. It’s ironed itself out over the seasons as fans move into their preferred stands.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Interesting approach to empty seat syndrome...

WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game — or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.

The Hornets claim fans — who could have shelled out more than £700 — have an obligation to inform them if they cannot turn up so they can resell the tickets.

Watford season ticket holders must warn the club if they cannot make a game

But the punters will NOT get any of the money.

Watford made the threat to all season ticket holders early this month.

And one furious fan, who has followed the club for over 40 years, said: “If I miss games because I’m ill, or my kids are ill and I forget to tell the club, they have the right to take my season tickets away?

“That is ridiculous and bordering on intimidating.

“I’ve paid for tickets for years, plus spent money on merchandise, food, drink and programmes.

“Telling the club isn’t a priority — they’ve had my money for that match.”

Watford started their ‘Keep It Full’ scheme as they fear some fans will only turn up for games against the glamour sides.

A spokesman said: “If we work together the clause should be rendered irrelevant and we can all consider to have played a part in ensuring maximum backing for the boys.”

The Hornets will give the money from any ticket resales to the Watford Community Trust instead of refunding the owners.

Interesting approach to empty seat syndrome...

WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game — or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.

The Hornets claim fans — who could have shelled out more than £700 — have an obligation to inform them if they cannot turn up so they can resell the tickets.

Watford season ticket holders must warn the club if they cannot make a game

But the punters will NOT get any of the money.

Watford made the threat to all season ticket holders early this month.

And one furious fan, who has followed the club for over 40 years, said: “If I miss games because I’m ill, or my kids are ill and I forget to tell the club, they have the right to take my season tickets away?

“That is ridiculous and bordering on intimidating.

“I’ve paid for tickets for years, plus spent money on merchandise, food, drink and programmes.

“Telling the club isn’t a priority — they’ve had my money for that match.”

Watford started their ‘Keep It Full’ scheme as they fear some fans will only turn up for games against the glamour sides.

A spokesman said: “If we work together the clause should be rendered irrelevant and we can all consider to have played a part in ensuring maximum backing for the boys.”

The Hornets will give the money from any ticket resales to the Watford Community Trust instead of refunding the owners.

That’s pretty disgraceful in my book. I guess the ‘demand’ isn’t as great at Watford as it is at Spurs, so the issue is more exacerbated but still...having to tell the club you can’t make it? Sheesh.

Is it? There was quite a lot of noise but then haven’t heard anything for a while.

I think its closer than its ever been hence the reason Spurs did it.

To be honest I get the shadow of Hillsborough still lingers but there is no reason why we can't have it now.

That’s pretty disgraceful in my book. I guess the ‘demand’ isn’t as great at Watford as it is at Spurs, so the issue is more exacerbated but still...having to tell the club you can’t make it? Sheesh.

I don't think that approach (taking away your ST if you haven't informed the club of your absence) would stand up to any kind of challenge, unless it was in the terms and conditions at the time of purchasing or renewing the ST.

I seem to remember Fulham had a system where you had to buy a 3 game package if you wanted a big 6 ticket, I’m not sure attendance was mandatory though.

I don’t like to see empty seats and would rather someone have mine for free in games I can’t attend, hopefully the exchange scheme will go a way towards that.

Why design a stand based on stadia where fans stand and sing in one uninterrupted wall, only to make them all sit down?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There's seats there for a reason.
Yes, the facility for safe standing is there in PART of that end. And, yes, no-one expects people to remain in their seats all game.
But fans should know the rules and that their club can be punished for their selfish/wilfully ignorant behaviour if they choose to remaining standing for the majority of the time. That's just not allowed yet.

We used to get the same emails at WHL, pretty sure it’s just a box-ticking exercise for UEFA/FA etc. it’s not just us, other clubs issue the same statements and emails to fans standing during games.

Arsenal fans get emails about persistent standing but in the concourse during gameplay, ordering their mocha lattes and pain au chocolat en masse.

Re: people with ST’s complaining about standing in the South. This was always going to happen with the increase in ST’s for the new stadium. Some of the cheapest are in the stand and demand was high, fans grabbing what they can. I believe Emirates Marketing Project fans had the same issues when they moved to the Etihad. It’s ironed itself out over the seasons as fans move into their preferred stands.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

tickle my balls with a feather, it is the same at every club and no reason for some to get their nickers in a twist.

Back