• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to outlaw the tactical foul?

A foul is a foul. If it's yellow card offence that will attract a yellow card. Many fouls that result in yellow cards are tactical fouls so i think is it whining to talk about whether tactical fouls should get yellow cards or not (how does one even define a tactical foul?)
We'd no doubt be right up there with City and other top teams when it comes to this so i honestly think we'd better be careful how much we go on about it tbh

OP by @Spur of the moment and what I'm writing about is the tactical foul, where the general term 'he's taken one for the team' is used, such as the shirt pull, the hand on the shoulder tug back, the trip....

Granted all teams do it, us included but Emirates Marketing Project have been doing it more than most in recent years, Kompany being a chief culprit.

Emirates Marketing Project dominate possession in all their games but very often their foul count is higher than their opponent ..Last week 5-0 away to West Ham and more than double the Hammer's foul count...I watched the game and many of those fouls were little tug backs where a City player had lost out on a one on one.

Pep knows.

Yeah the best change to football in my lifetime was to stop keepers picking up backpasses.

I also like the new goal kick freedoms though, as it’s improves the flow of the game.

Liverpool stopped winning the League when this rule change came into being..

We do it plenty, Rose and Lamela are probably our most frequent followed by Dele.
Yep. And I hate it. However I prefer to believe we are nothing like as cynical and systematic as teams like City and Barcelona that have got the tactical foul off to a fine art.

Of course I recognise that as much as it's also about skill, teamwork, application etc, football is and always has been also about thuggery and cheating. And hands up, there are times when like everybody else I like to see my own team indulging in a bit of skulduggery. :p

Happy to accept an irreducible element of rough and tumble of course but overall I'd rather be entertained by the beautiful game than watch thugs and cheats slugging it out.

So introduce effective ways to bring it under control and then let's all enjoy finding out which side is the better at playing football.

Win win.

The thread has gone off in to, all fouls are tactical and some posters have even gone all Graeme Souness:mad: and Vinny Jones:mad:...

There must be some hard men footballers on Glory Glory forum or they're just not happy with the length given them...:D

Worrying:D

Theoretically everything that happens on a PL pitch should be tactical.

Whoever wrote this must have had Pep in mind

You've done it all, you've broken every code
And pulled the rebel to the floor
You spoilt the game, no matter what you say
For only metal, what a bore!

I think there should be a counting of fouls. Some players can get away with many a game without seeing any repercussions.

If the refs started giving a yellow to a player for their 3rd minor foul then it would go a little way to dealing with it.

I think there should be a counting of fouls. Some players can get away with many a game without seeing any repercussions.

If the refs started giving a yellow to a player for their 3rd minor foul then it would go a little way to dealing with it.
I think each player should be only allowed one non-bookable foul. After that it's a yellow. Okay in some instances that will be unfair for two innocent fouls, but you then know your on a red, so take extra care.

I think each player should be only allowed one non-bookable foul. After that it's a yellow. Okay in some instances that will be unfair for two innocent fouls, but you then know your on a red, so take extra care.
Orange cards would work. Every single foul is a card - 3 strikes and you're out.

Or just 3 yellow = red but every foul is a yellow.

I'd support measures aimed at making the collective responsible (such as my earlier suggestion) to stop them just spreading the cards around, but sadly, I think what would happen in practice is just that referees would then be more reluctant to show cards (especially to bigger sides).

Back