• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rhodri and the guy that got injured at the end, both had 90 mins, we only had Ndombele play the whole game, Lo Celso had what 10 mins?

We knew Son was out so had three months to scheme for that, Fyoth and Davies didn’t finish last season as first choice, Verts is being left out by choice. It’s only really Alli who we have no control over, Sane is a fair balance to that.

The difference in performance against City compared to a couple of seasons ago isn’t relative to the difference in strength between the two squads in the same time period imo.

The guy who got injured has been there for a coupe of seasons... he isn’t the new full back from Juve

Yeah, you can tell there's potential, and I thought he did fine all things considered tonight. Plenty to improve, but against the lottery winners away, and with on fire Sterling to mark, that wasn't shabby.

His decision making still worries me, almost at fault for a goal today when he dallied on the ball which eventually led to the corner they hit the bar with. Feels like there's always a mistake in him but definitely something there to work with.

Could do with putting on a bit of muscle, looks a little weak and can see some teams with more physical players targetting him.

Rose or sissoko on the CL was never a penalty ... sometimes they go for you sometimes they don't

Where was the luck?
Hugo saved what he could
They hit the bar so that could be argued ... but rose was on the line so “may” have cleared it
The penalty call in the first half was deemed to not be a clear and obvious error
And VAR did it’s job with the new rule on handball

They were all over us. We came away with a point from a game we were throughly outplayedin. We deserve credit for hanging in there. And catching them on the break, but we were fortunate to come away with a point.

There is so much to take from the game (beyong the point). Things that worked. Things that didn't. Things that city do better than us, that we should learn from. It should spur us on, and to get point was a bonus.

All that said I thought they were there for the taking in the last 10 if we'd been more brave, and hooked it up. An interesting game, as the shoe is normally on the other foot. I think we can play that defensive game and break to good effect, but we'll need to tighten up on a few things. Tracking runners, cutting out crosses, playing out the back with better coordination and belief.

Throughly enjoyed the game. Bring on the geordie and goons.

Last edited:
The disappointing thing is to be outworked by City. It's rare that a Poch team has lower energy levels than their opponent. Not going to make any excuses about missing personel, I just think we are not yet firing on all cylinders. City seem further ahead than we are.

Or he could have made good contact and stuck it in the corner, the point is a bad decision was made in the marking assignments, that’s something we can control.

Yeah...why was Skipp on Laporte? Absolutely terrible from us.

Obviously glad with the point but conceding through our own stupidity is something we really should start avoiding.

They were all over us. We came away with a point from a game we were throughly outplayedin. We deserve credit for hanging in there. And catching them on the break, but we were fortunate to come away with a point.

There is so much to take from the game (beyong the point). Things that worked. Things that didn't. Things that city do better than us, that we should learn from. It should spur us on, and to get point was a bonus.

All that said I thought they were there for the taking in the last 10 if we'd been more brave, and hooked it up. An interesting game, as the shoe is normally on the other foot. I think we can play that defensive game and break to good effect, but we'll need to tighten up on a few things. Tracking runners, cutting out crosses, playing out the back with better coordination and belief.

Throughly enjoyed the game. Bring on the geordie and goons.

Sorry but I don’t buy the luck thing

We would have been lucky if they had hit the post several times and Hugo made some “lucky” saves

The best save he made was gene they got a lucky deflection

We got what we deserved because their finishing was poor

Much like ours can be in some games where we’re rampant too

First half, Winks and Ndombele were bad. Plain and simple. Winks in particular. Unable to retain possession and unwilling to find the right incisive passes. Really, really poor.

Not sure I want to bother watching the second half.

Back