• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh dear Jamie (you sacked my dad) is almost in tears on Sky, He really wants Martin Tyler's job of No1 Spurs hater on Sky.

He looked completely devastated. Hilarious.

We have never started a season well under Poch. Let’s just pick up as many points as we can and performances should improve.

We had a pretty good pre-season. I think that we need to give a pass for the end of last season because we were knackered right the way through the season and patching up one game to the next. We looked fit and sharp in pre-season but are notoriously slow starters under Poch. I think that is fine as long as you pick up points whilst settling and are able to maintain a run of results when we got peak form/fitness the turn of the year.

This .. we showed in preseason we are capable of playing well … so fudging tired of Spurs fans moaning .. City has won 15 strait at home IIRC, we got a point.

And not having Son & Dele makes a difference, add in the two players we bought to fix last seasons problems have less than 2 full games with team between them?

Really what did people expect, we were going to go stroll to fudging win against City? we fought hard, little low on quality at times but showed bottle, stayed in the game and got something out of it ...

Haha enjoy my friend. You've earned it after that emotional rollercoaster.

DeanoAustin is a little disappointed you've stopped referring to yourself in the third person.
Ffs. GGG is not surprised that he has some followers that want to be like him, but he states he is the one, and only one that can save this Earth and this poor forum. GGG is happy you are a follower.

This .. we showed in preseason we are capable of playing well … so fudging tired of Spurs fans moaning .. City has won 15 strait at home IIRC, we got a point.

And not having Son & Dele makes a difference, add in the two players we bought to fix last seasons problems have less than 2 full games with team between them?

Really what did people expect, we were going to go stroll to fudging win against City? we fought hard, little low on quality at times but showed bottle, stayed in the game and got something out of it ...

Yours is a very fair point. I think any of us would have snapped your hand off for a point. The performance was disappointing though. We didn't get any spell where we looked like we might apply some pressure. That was what annoyed me. But I'm overjoyed with the point and, for all their shots and pressure, Hugo didn't exactly have to play the game of his life.

Yours is a very fair point. I think any of us would have snapped your hand off for a point. The performance was disappointing though. We didn't get any spell where we looked like we might apply some pressure. That was what annoyed me. But I'm overjoyed with the point and, for all their shots and pressure, Hugo didn't exactly have to play the game of his life.

This mate .. early days, on paper hardest game of season and we got past it.

The performances will come ..

I expected we’d be better, we were crap last week against a very poor villa side too.

Yes we are missing Son and Dele, but the players who have replaced them have been in the system long enough that they should plug straight in.

At the start of last season we were dealing with the World Cup and a shortened pre season, there isn’t that excuse this year, we looked good in pre season and knew about Son’s unavailability, our system looks wrong and players are underperforming.

City had more new player minutes than us today.

I expected we’d be better, we were crap last week against a very poor villa side too.

Yes we are missing Son and Dele, but the players who have replaced them have been in the system long enough that they should plug straight in.

At the start of last season we were dealing with the World Cup and a shortened pre season, there isn’t that excuse this year, we looked good in pre season and knew about Son’s unavailability, our system looks wrong and players are underperforming.

City had more new player minutes than us today.

What Rhodri?

They had their fully fit squad today other Than sane who they will sell

We were missing son, dele, Davies and Foyth from the squad plus currently have an unfit (not sure how) Verts

Also, even with VAR correctly handling the late goal, we still cracked, we shagged the assignment and had Skipp against Laporte for an injury time corner, that should never happen.

That was weird, why the fudge did we put skipp on?

What Rhodri?

They had their fully fit squad today other Than sane who they will sell

We were missing son, dele, Davies and Foyth from the squad plus currently have an unfit (not sure how) Verts

Rhodri and the guy that got injured at the end, both had 90 mins, we only had Ndombele play the whole game, Lo Celso had what 10 mins?

We knew Son was out so had three months to scheme for that, Fyoth and Davies didn’t finish last season as first choice, Verts is being left out by choice. It’s only really Alli who we have no control over, Sane is a fair balance to that.

The difference in performance against City compared to a couple of seasons ago isn’t relative to the difference in strength between the two squads in the same time period imo.

Rhodri and the guy that got injured at the end, both had 90 mins, we only had Ndombele play the whole game, Lo Celso had what 10 mins?

We knew Son was out so had three months to scheme for that, Fyoth and Davies didn’t finish last season as first choice, Verts is being left out by choice. It’s only really Alli who we have no control over, Sane is a fair balance to that.

The difference in performance against City compared to a couple of seasons ago isn’t relative to the difference in strength between the two squads in the same time period imo.

Zinchenko isn’t a new signing, he has been there a couple of years at least because he was in that Amazon documentary about them.

We were far from our best today, and rode our luck, but I don't agree with @DubaiSpur and others that say other top teams do much better. Let's see how many that will not be on their back foot at City, and even more important, how many will get points there.
My guess is that very few will get anything there.
We did, and that counts for something.

Remember this?

The chief of referees in England has said that Premier League fans have nothing to worry about with the introduction of VAR and new handball rules next season, saying that match officials will look to lean minimally on the technology.

A new handball rule came into play last month, leading to a controversial penalty given against Moussa Sissoko in the Champions League final, while the widespread application of VAR has led to similar controversies, most recently in the Women's World Cup in France.

Both will come into play for the first time in the Premier League next season, but Mike Riley, managing director of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL) has said that they will have a minimal impact on matches in England, since referees will make the conscious choice to apply them sensibly.

Could not be more thrilled that Jesus' goal was disallowed by the VAR but purely out of interest, can anyone explain to me the essential difference between today's handball by Laporte and the Rose and Sissoko handballs last season that refs claimed (above) would NOT have been penalised this season had they happened in the PL?

Remember this?

The chief of referees in England has said that Premier League fans have nothing to worry about with the introduction of VAR and new handball rules next season, saying that match officials will look to lean minimally on the technology.

A new handball rule came into play last month, leading to a controversial penalty given against Moussa Sissoko in the Champions League final, while the widespread application of VAR has led to similar controversies, most recently in the Women's World Cup in France.

Both will come into play for the first time in the Premier League next season, but Mike Riley, managing director of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL) has said that they will have a minimal impact on matches in England, since referees will make the conscious choice to apply them sensibly.

Could not be more thrilled that Jesus' goal was disallowed by the VAR but purely out of interest, can anyone explain to me the essential difference between today's handball by Laporte and the Rose and Sissoko handballs last season that refs claimed (above) would NOT have been penalised this season had they happened in the PL?

Yes, today’s led to a goal, for which there is a specific proviso.

Had Laporte done the same from a Spurs corner, in his own box, it would not have been a penalty to us.

Back