• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I heard rumours of him possibly being RB!!!!

It seems an obvious option this season. His greatest strength is carrying the ball which is the primary purpose of a full back in Poch's way of playing and his lack of a final ball matters less at fullback.

As much as I appreciate everyone's attacking line-ups, this is away at the Etihad. Feel pretty confident that Sissoko will start in midfield. On the other hand, Poch started 3 CBs in the 1-0 from earlier in the season, so maybe we'll see that?

My guess is...

----------Hugo-------
KWP--TBA--JVT-Rose
-Sissoko--Winks--Ndombele
---------Eriksen------
--Kane--------Lucas

OR maybe

---------------Hugo------
-------TBA--DVS--JVT
KWP--Winks--Ndombele--Rose
----Eriksen--Kane---Lucas

It seems an obvious option this season. His greatest strength is carrying the ball which is the primary purpose of a full back in Poch's way of playing and his lack of a final ball matters less at fullback.
Can you imagine him trying whip in accurate crosses from the byline!!! :D:D:D

Can’t decide if I’m more concerned about either the bloody diamond again, or switching to 4231 but putting Sissoko wide right on the 3.

Personally I still hope we go 5 at the back, to match the fact that they effectively play with 5 forwards. We did that at Etihad last season and I thought it worked well - we had an XG of 1.20, compared to their 2.08. Compared to previous league games over the last few seasons (with Spurs’ XG always first):

0.44 vs 1.94 (18/19 home)
0.45 vs 3.62 (17/18 home)
0.18 vs 4.15 (17/18 away)
1.12 vs 2.53 (16/17 away)
1.70 vs 0.91 (16/17 home)

Ok that last game we were playing 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 and we had a good performance and result, but that was with City playing 4-2-3-1 (with Fernandinho and Fernando together). In the same way that we beat them 1-0 in the CL last year when they played 4-2-3-1 rather than their usual formation.

If they play their usual formation tomorrow and we play 4 at the back, I predict we’ll be beaten badly. But I’d love to be proven totally wrong. COYS!

It is hard to get motivated for this match. We have a poor record against Emirates Marketing Project in recent years. But we have a much worse problem than Emirates Marketing Project to worry about. We once had best away record in the league but now we have one of the worst ! We have lost 8 consecutive away matches in domestic football, 6 in the league and 1 each in League Cup and FA Cup. That includes embarassing defeats to mighty Bournemouth, Burnley and Southampton ! In fact, since beating Fulham 2-1 with an injury time goal in January, we have only won 2 away matches and both were against Borussia Dortmund and Ajax in the CL ! It is clear Pochettino has done something really wrong to turn our good away record into poor. Maybe we need to be more defensive in away matches to get results away.

We need all the players lift their game against Emirates Marketing Project. Just can't see us getting many goal scoring chances, so we need to make use of any chance we get in this match. Kane scored 2 goals against Villa but he is still not in good form. Hope he will be clinical in front of goal. Eriksen showed that we still need him when he lifted us after coming on against Villa. So, he should start this match. Lamela didn't have a good match against Villa but surely he needs to start against City. Lamela's work rate and tenacity will be crucial for us to stop City. Moura had a poor match against Villa but hope he will play well against City.There will be temptation to play Lo Celso but don't think he should be involved in this match.

We seem to have many options in midfield now. Want us to pack the midfield with defensive minded players to stop City. I think we should start with Ndombele, Sissoko and Wanyama, if he is fit. If Wanyama is not fit, then Winks can play. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of getting something in this match. Ndombele did well to score against Villa. It won't harm us if can he score another long range goal against City.

A bit worried for our defence. We need Vertonghen and Alderweireld to be at their best to stop City. But Vertonghen seems to be struggling for fitness, according to the media. It is disappointing that we failed to sign any reliable defenders in the transfer window. Still not convinced by Sanchez as he makes too many mistakes. KWP did well against Villa but his lack of experience will be risky against City. Will prefer we start Aurier instead. It is going to be tough but hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be able to stop City !

Frankly, not expecting anything from this match. Traditionally we are poor in away matches against the top 6 teams that we can really write off these matches every season. No doubt, City will be fired up to get revenge for losing to us in the CL quarter final. A win will be a miracle and a draw will be a great result but a respectable defeat will be acceptable ! Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to stop City !

Everybody dance now!

Without doubt, this is going to be a tense match. Can see City putting us under pressure for whole match. It will really lift us if he can find an early goal and stop them scoring in the first half. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a good result against City to stay in the top 4 race this season.

I just hope first and foremost we don’t concede within 5 minutes as has become the norm there, they are going to come out fast if we can get to the 25-30 min mark at 0-0 it could hopefully allow us to grow into the game without needing to chase it, I’d go 4231

Lloris

KWP Sanchez Vets Rose

N’Dombele. Dier/Winks

Lamela. Eriksen. Moura

Kane

if Dier has at least 60 minutes in him I would start with him and have him sit in front of the back four, when necessary he can also drop in between the two cb and make a three like he used to do regularly before last season.

Can’t see us getting anything from this one, City are just so fluid. But then, couldn’t see us knocking them out of the Champs league last season, so my thoughts aren’t worth brick when it comes to predicting results

Back