• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Really disappointing day. Gutted not so much for me but husband had never been before and was so looking forward to the day.
Oh well - I bought him a t-shirt, so he can remember the crap day forever more.

Meant to have a corporate box at Essex tonight for the T20 game, guess what, heavy rain all night !!!

FFS, still with this one, the free bar in the box isn't affected by the rain haha

Some overseas cricketers will be eligible to play for England after living in the country for three years under new rules coming in on 1 January.

The updated England and Wales Cricket Board rules mean, for example, that Sussex all-rounder Jofra Archer will be eligible to play for England next year.

Archer was born in Barbados but has an English father and a British passport.

Under the previous rules he would not have been eligible until the winter of 2022 after a seven-year residency

Aussies have lost any right to even be in a conversation about adhering to the rules.

That said, and although I couldn’t be more delighted that they pick Khawaja, which part of Australia is Pakistan in?

I don't think there can be any argument that England have abused their colonial scourge of the planet by scouring it for players.

They've even made use of Australian rejects from time to time. Bunch or ring-ins and gingers.

Eligibility rules are the same for all nations. Aus are just as entitled to as anyone else. No cheating Aussies would stand a chance of playing for England though, ginger or not.

Eligibility rules are the same for all nations. Aus are just as entitled to as anyone else. No cheating Aussies would stand a chance of playing for England though, ginger or not.

*cough* Hollioakes *cough*

I'm sure there were other rejects too

Back