• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

It was a loaded statement more than a conditional one. I also think there is only one person “nitpicking” the assist.

OK, I can concede that "hate" is a strong word so you can substitute a milder word/phrase if you want. I'm really not sure what you mean by it being "a loaded statement" though.

What do people think about his tracking back for the McGinn goal. Was it "not his job" in the same way he's isn't supposed to pass the ball?

He seemed to accept he wasnt gonna make it that 3 Villa players against our 3 was fine and just give up.

What do people think about his tracking back for the McGinn goal. Was it "not his job" in the same way he's isn't supposed to pass the ball?

He seemed to accept he wasnt gonna make it that 3 Villa players against our 3 was fine and just give up.

Are you serious?

Like I said, rating a player's performance over a season in all competitions is more or less something that's fairly objective. I'd say the vast majority of fans have turned their opinions round on Sissoko and have warmed up to him and appreciated his contributions last season. I merely posit that some supporters here have an agenda. What's so difficult to grasp about that?
Hands up, I'm probably one of those. Remember posting about a year ago how much I hated him and wanted him out, he's just not Spurs.

Since then I've come to accept he makes a real difference. We need his power, energy, physicality etc. A brilliant athlete who can blitz past opponents or flatten them if they get in his way. Not just that either, he's shown some surprising skills on the ball and is capable dribbling through a ruck of defenders and laying off a decent through ball at the end of it.

And it would be churlish in the extreme not to applaud the way he has battled through abuse and vitriol from the fans to turn things around to the point he was our PotS 2018/19

But here's the rub: much of the time he remains ugly to watch. All arms and legs; crude, miss-timed tackles, over-hit passes and cringe-worthy shots.

It's why part of me can understand @scaramanga and others sticking to their guns and refusing to accept him. Indeed why I too find it hard to totally embrace him, because under my skin I realise he is just not Tottenham.

I have not changed my opinion of him as a player. He has undoubtedly improved ten fold from the performances of his first two seasons but that wasn't difficult he total fudging brick.

What has happened to my mind is that change in level has blinded many to his still very apparent deficiencies, he's now a solid 4 out of 10 as our standards of expectation for him have been lowered to such an extent that now a pass that actually makes to a team mate is applauded.

For me it is simple if he were player for a rival team, would I want him based on his performances?

Hell fudging no. He can't pass, he can barely control a ball. Every now and then he goes on a run but has no clue what to do with the ball wants he gets there. When he becomes a good football player I'll rate him him, untill then I want him on the bench.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

It's why part of me can understand @scaramanga and others sticking to their guns and refusing to accept him. Indeed why I too find it hard to totally embrace him, because under my skin I realise he is just not Tottenham.

This plays into an issue I have with the whole argument.

I dont think he is a good footballer, and I certainly dont think he is good enough for the level of team we are (and aspire to be).

This is, in my view, an objective opinion and one Im prepared to evidence.

None of which is to say I dont appreciate the efforts he makes, the rise he has made, or even his contribution to games.

As I said above, its not personal.

It is not even remotely difficult to appreciate the whole personal journey while also not thinking he is a good footballer. The two arent linked.

Well, they shouldnt be, but it seems to me many a supporter cant shake off the sentiment when looking at his ability.

Hands up, I'm probably one of those. Remember posting about a year ago how much I hated him and wanted him out, he's just not Spurs.

Since then I've come to accept he makes a real difference. We need his power, energy, physicality etc. A brilliant athlete who can blitz past opponents or flatten them if they get in his way. Not just that either, he's shown some surprising skills on the ball and is capable dribbling through a ruck of defenders and laying off a decent through ball at the end of it.

And it would be churlish in the extreme not to applaud the way he has battled through abuse and vitriol from the fans to turn things around to the point he was our PotS 2018/19

But here's the rub: much of the time he remains ugly to watch. All arms and legs; crude, miss-timed tackles, over-hit passes and cringe-worthy shots.

I was also hesitant about what Sissoko could bring to the team originally. I just felt underwhelmed when I saw him on the teamsheet, especially in important CL games. But any player who sticks it out will at least earn some respect, even if I occasionally groan with their performances. Obviously, he was not great this past Saturday but I thought it was more of a tactics issue... but I still can fault a player for making individual mistakes in that system.

My point is just that I feel like people want him to fail so badly so he can be benched. I'm totally fine if he gets benched due to better options being available despite performing well, but it is sad to see fans being so fickle (who knew).

Anyway, I stated that nothing said here matters: we all know who picks the team. I am not trying to devalue any discussion or debate, but yeah... you guys do you.

Sissoko also made game changing contributions in multiple games in the run from an important position, I’m not sure what Djimi or Jermaine did.

Back