• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Was he really that bad in the first half? I thought he done alright but apparently he was trending on twitter. Claims of Atouba mk II.

Was he really that bad in the first half? I thought he done alright but apparently he was trending on twitter. Claims of Atouba mk II.
Don't trust twitter.
For every spurs fan hoping he suceeds there 10 opponents fans tweet g he's crap whether he is or isn't

He wasn't bad in that he was misplacing passes or giving the ball away in dangerous areas - that honour fell to Lamela.

He was anonymous though; the game was passing him by. I thought Poch moved him back 20 yards in the second half and suddenly started to provide glimpses of the player we hoped we had bought. I see him as one of the twin pivot with either Winks or with Sissoko. Indeed the latter is what happened with Eriksen's substitution. Suddenly we had a much more effective base (though to be fair, Villa were starting to tire) and the two of them started to break disrupting the Villa lines; and we became more unpredictable.

Indeed I would like to see those two holding our midfield next Saturday with Eriksen in front of them in a free role.

I thought he was good
Agreed. Perfectly reasonable first half of PL football, particularly considering the rest of the team wasn't really playing well. Unspectacular, mostly tidy, good, but a lot more to come hopefully. Second half, particularly after the goal was showing what is hopefully to come.

I thought he was really good after Eriksen came on and looked even better when his confidence peaked post equaliser.

I really enjoyed the speed and accuracy of his passing through the lines. The ball just zips across the turf and is weighted perfectly to beat the defenders but be perfectly controllable, a real art form in itself. However he didn't stop and admire the pass, he followed it up and joined the attacks. His crossing was equally impressive too, almost worthy of sticking him on corner duty :D

In all seriousness though, he was poor in the first half, but the entire team looked lost and most of that came down to the front players holding hands.

I thought he was really good after Eriksen came on and looked even better when his confidence peaked post equaliser.

I really enjoyed the speed and accuracy of his passing through the lines. The ball just zips across the turf and is weighted perfectly to beat the defenders but be perfectly controllable, a real art form in itself. However he didn't stop and admire the pass, he followed it up and joined the attacks. His crossing was equally impressive too, almost worthy of sticking him on corner duty :D

In all seriousness though, he was poor in the first half, but the entire team looked lost and most of that came down to the front players holding hands.

everyone was crap first half

Love the fact all these plebs are writing him off already. They will eat their words in a few months. He clearly is a massive talent, and might even take 6 months to settle but there were signs he is a beast of a player. As soon as he scored his game changed. It didnt help that he was sharing space with Winks and Sissoko I dont think the 3 should play together, it's not needed and is too defensive especially against Villa, hence why Eriksen came on. Poch will get the best out of him and people will be saying "How the fcuk did Tottenham sign this beast of a player". He will be what Kante was to Chelsea and Leicester and pivotol in both their league winning seasons.

You have to remember it was his first competitive game for his new club. I think we will see more of his game come out on Saturday evening against City. He has played them before and both times bossed it so will know how to play against them, which will benefit us massively. I'm thinking there will be an upset on Saturday and he will be key to it.

Last edited:
Let's just write him off after his first game in the premiership ... his goal was jammy too

Back