• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I'd prefer us to sell him and sign someone that is clearly first choice. In his third season and with his only dedicated competition for the position sold, there shouldn't really be any questions.

Well as i said earlier in the thread i do not remember him having a run of games in the team ( because of injurys). Until any player gets that chance its hard to decide if they are good enough or not, so that question is open.

Do you reckon we can sell KWP as well?

I wouldn't have cared at all about Aurier leaving - but not when we haven't replaced Trippier.
Why would we want to sell KWP? He’s good, home grown and still young.

I’d be happier about Aurier going if we’d had got Atal in.

Otherwise it seems like the Foyth experiment will resume - then leaving us 1 light in the centre back rotation slots..... (And opening the door for more shuffling with either Dier or Davies becoming the new rotation CB).

Why would we want to sell KWP? He’s good, home grown and still young.

I’d be happier about Aurier going if we’d had got Atal in.

Otherwise it seems like the Foyth experiment will resume - then leaving us 1 light in the centre back rotation slots..... (And opening the door for more shuffling with either Dier or Davies becoming the new rotation CB).

Just while we seem to be having an ‘everything must go’ sale of right backs

If we're offered anything more than £15m sell! we have KWP (who's better), Dier and even Sissoko.
Why is KWP better? Because he’s done ok in a handful of low level PL games? Wait until he’s played enough games so that opposition notice his weaknesses and target them then see how good he is before claiming he’s better than an established international. It’s always easier to look good when you’re a relative unknown,especially when your appearances are against Fulham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Aston Villa....

Why is KWP better? Because he’s done ok in a handful of low level PL games? Wait until he’s played enough games so that opposition notice his weaknesses and target them then see how good he is before claiming he’s better than an established international. It’s always easier to look good when you’re a relative unknown,especially when your appearances are against Fulham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Aston Villa....

Both have question marks over their defending and defensive awareness. Aurier seems to be worse tho. At least KWP looks settled. Aurier never has. As they are similar its a no brainer to keep the younger, home grown, cheaper settled English player and sell the recognised international. Imo.

Last edited:
Both have question marks over their defending and defensive awareness. Aurier seems to be worse tho. At least KWP looks settled. Aurier never has. As they are similar its a no brainer to keep the younger, home grown, cheaper settled English player and sell the recognised international. Imo.
Aurier was very good in the games he played last season, and levels above anything KWP has done so far. He's our best and most experienced right back, and it would leave us very week in that position if he leaves. KWP is nowhere near good enough, yet. He might become, but he's still far off.

He's still my #1 choice at RB at the moment, mainly due to his seniority in that position. We did not strengthen in that position this summer and cannot afford to lose him. Foyth is injured and to lose Aurier would leave us with just KWP.

I was hoping we would see him get a run of games this season to show how good he is, he has not had a lot of luck with injurys during his time here so maybe he feels like a change.

Back