• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

KWP has looked good in attack. And we were most of that game. The question mark is when we're defending. Not easy for a Poch full back. You're expected to attack with pace, then get back. Need to be a composed all rounder. Can KWP defend? TBC.

Yes, played very well today, though away at Man C next weekend will be a very different proposition. A good performance next Sat and he could keep the position for a while

Yes, played very well today, though away at Man C next weekend will be a very different proposition. A good performance next Sat and he could keep the position for a while
Completely agree, still uncertain about how good he is defensive against a really good team, but I guess we will see next week.

Completely agree, still uncertain about how good he is defensive against a really good team, but I guess we will see next week.

He is excellent at winning the ball in one v one situations, the ones in a standing position near the by line. When he has a mad man like a Sane or a Lucas type player running at him like hell, he may struggle but who doesnt.

Would amaze me if aurier is back as he hasn’t had a pre season has he?

He was on the bench yesterday and played in ACON so he hasnt been sitting on his ass since last season ended.

I didn't realise he had such a good first touch, brought a fair few medium range passed both on the ground and aerial under control right away.

Very encouraging. But he has two tests for me to still properly prove himself - Firstly that he is capable of performing to that level with a run of games, to date he has only come in for the odd game here and there. Secondly that he performs to this level against quality opposition. He’s done well against the likes of Villa, Fulham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - there are much sterner tests than that and these are the things that the likes of Trippier and Aurier have been up against week in week out so it’s easier to look much better just filling in for the odd game here and there in the odd game against weaker opposition and where you’re going to dominate. Pleasing display though for sure....

Been at all his games so far and ( imo) this was his best, as other have said he will face bigger challenges ( especially if he plays against City). Still think Aurier would be a better choice next week but we shall see.

- there are much sterner tests than that and these are the things that the likes of Trippier and Aurier have been up against week in week out

... and more often than not, came out not exactly smelling of roses after 90 minutes.

My main concern is his crossing - if he can improve on that aspect, he may well be the answer to our problems

Been at all his games so far and ( imo) this was his best, as other have said he will face bigger challenges ( especially if he plays against City). Still think Aurier would be a better choice next week but we shall see.

Better than getting a hatrick of assists against Bournemouth? I'd also say his MOM performance season opener against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was more eye catching, did well yesterday though for sure.

He had a poor first half, although that was the same for most of the players out there. For KWP it was a clear lack of confidence, he didn't back himself often enough to either go at his man or cross it. The result was a lot of sideways passes and little else. The second half was a massive improvement. With Sissoko and then Moura being deployed out wide, he had a clear out and also knew the triggers for when he was to move into that space. There was an especially nice first time ball squared across the Villa box in the middle of the second half.

He had a poor first half, although that was the same for most of the players out there. For KWP it was a clear lack of confidence, he didn't back himself often enough to either go at his man or cross it. The result was a lot of sideways passes and little else. The second half was a massive improvement. With Sissoko and then Moura being deployed out wide, he had a clear out and also knew the triggers for when he was to move into that space. There was an especially nice first time ball squared across the Villa box in the middle of the second half.

Said it in match thread, I was at the ground, really didn't think he had a good game.

Let me explain, he had a lot (a hell of a lot) of the ball, but wasn't particularly effective with it, played a few nice training ground triangle passing with teammates, but nothing that opened Villa up.

Second half what I saw was Villa retreated even further and Sissoko (to your point went wider than KWP, first half he was part of the cover for KWP) and helped stretch, not sure I give credit there.

The part that worried me was Villa often tried to get out on his side, aerial ball to the man he was facing and he looked very indecisive about attack or stand off. I also don't feel when he is shoulder to shoulder running back he's going to recover the ball.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I'd be really worried if he plays 20 games this season ...

Back