• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official OMT** - Who's going to the season opener? (Not an OMT)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is fudging atrocious.

Why are the lads at walking pace? This isn't a pre-season friendly, goddamnit.

Rose and Walker-Peters impressive. Winks okay. Everyone else is various shades of crap (except NDombele, who's new and can't really be judged yet).

fudging show some energy, for Christ's sake. Just run around a bit. :mad:

Villa showing a level of pace, energy and interplay that we just don't have - mystifyingly so.

Sissoko, Rose and Lamela have been terrible. We look all over the place at the back.

I’m angry at that performance, fudging embarrassing. I’m expecting a lot better second half.

Ndombele has looked our best player.

Sissoko isn't a pivot or a wide forward - he can't fit into a 4231. Poch insists on playing him and so we end up with this awful fudging diamond brick.

Sissoko could easily “play” as one of the double pivots, and don’t take that out of context when I use the words play and Sissoko is the same sentence because it’s really using your imagination.

Ndombele/Sissoko/Winks = too many defensively minded midfielders.
Get Eriksen on - unless he is sold an we have agreed not play him.

It’s not even the defensive minded element
It the basis that their smothering an area

Get eriksen in there and it’s a very different set up

HT 0-1. Same problems and mistakes as last season. Poch has set the team up poorly and needs to change it pronto. Sissoko far too advanced for me. Needs to get back to the role he played well last season. Lamela completely anonymous here and really is only a preseason wonder. We need even a poor Eriksen here before Lo Celso is up to scratch.

fudging awful half.

Poch needs to lose his obsession with this system, because we cannot do anything with it. The Villa defence are free to sit deep and narrow and their midfield aren't being pulled out. I actually think we need GKN on to make something happen just so we have some natural width.

Back