• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Toby had a £25m clause, and far better to have a player under contract than him walking in the summer

Alder's clause was twice his value at the time it was agreed. I think in future it might make sense to tie such clauses to average fee inflation rates

Thanks. Looks like GLC has a brain (knows when to release it, who to, shape of pass) when to dribble, when to shoot, when to buy a foul, when to speed up, when to slow it down etc. Encouraging. Not a powerhouse, more subtle than that.
Left footed but uses his right too.
Very nice goal. To be honest I feel "most" good players should be capable of doing that, just curling it in off the post from 20 yards, but so few of them can actually do it!

At present we either sell Eriksen for £40m or £0m

If we tie him to a contract with a £40m buy-out clause, we at least guarantee we get the £40m max rather than £0m. It is win-win for us. Assuming he won't sign up with an >£80m release

I don’t see him signing up in any circumstances really. It’s been plain for at least six months. I still think Barca or Real would take him on a free, where would the harm be. He’s an excellent player.

I don’t see him signing up in any circumstances really. It’s been plain for at least six months. I still think Barca or Real would take him on a free, where would the harm be. He’s an excellent player.

Only real question is, for me, whether or not he is prepared to take a possibly compromised move now - or sit on it until next summer when he would presumably have all the choices.

His comments infer the latter, and if thats the case, what could we really expect from him this season?

Personally I am fully expecting him to move to Spain in the next week or so. My view is I hope its Athletico Madrid, I really think thats the best fit. BUT, Real are likely to get desperate and just grab any player they can - so wouldnt be surprised if he went there (no chance they get Pogba now IMO).

If he stays thats a lot more complicated.

We have to question the value in playing someone who just isnt committed. If he isnt here for the long term, we need to move onto players that are.

So I could see him used a bit initially, to keep the team ticking along, and then phased out for Lo Celso as he comes up to speed.

Or I can see him just not playing. Really depends how he carries himself.

Word to the wise, I feel like the bolded is as severely wrong as referring to us as "The Tottenham Hotspurs".

As for GLC, I don't think I've seen him play before (Real Betis has not been the must watch for me but fair play to those who have been delving in to random teams in la liga) but I look forward to doing so.

Interested in the deal, the official club statement says "option to buy" but seems like people on here are saying mandatory purchase if we finish in the CL places; surely one is correct and one is not?

Word to the wise, I feel like the bolded is as severely wrong as referring to us as "The Tottenham Hotspurs".

As for GLC, I don't think I've seen him play before (Real Betis has not been the must watch for me but fair play to those who have been delving in to random teams in la liga) but I look forward to doing so.

Interested in the deal, the official club statement says "option to buy" but seems like people on here are saying mandatory purchase if we finish in the CL places; surely one is correct and one is not?
Obligation to buy if we qualify to play in European competition I believe (so CL or Europa). I think if we failed to qualify for European competition at all then we'd still have the option to buy, but could protect ourselves somewhat from the reduced income if he happened to have a bad season and not be considered to be worth the extra 40 million.

We should be able break/transition with more purpose with LC. As soon as we get possession you want him on the ball driving foward and looking for runners.

Last edited:
Never heard about him before this but hope he will do well for us. Can see him taking some time to perform for us though.

Obligation to buy if we qualify to play in European competition I believe (so CL or Europa). I think if we failed to qualify for European competition at all then we'd still have the option to buy, but could protect ourselves somewhat from the reduced income if he happened to have a bad season and not be considered to be worth the extra 40 million.

Cheers. Interesting way to do it, kind of came out of the blue as I don't remember any of the rumours stating it would be done this way.

Back