• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Perhaps not moving on to other targets means we think Dybala deal is a goer for future windows?

Time will tell character wise, but my first impression is that he will not deliver a season like Modric did (if he stays).

I see Dybala as a more attacking player. More second striker than playmaker. Not a player for the same job/position.

Think more like this

...............kane
....son..................dybala
.......ndombele....locelso
...............winks

Its amazing that everyone who loved Sissoko last season ( I was not one of them, he did better but no player of the season better ) are now taking him out of their teams.

"in his position" misses the point.

What if, his position disappears? And we play in a different, more all team encompassing way?

Its kind of irrelevant how good Eriksen is, its about what works best for the team, for the whole. And sometimes playing a way where everyone fits and operates well is more important than fitting in a quality player.

Thats aside from all the questions about the sense in maintaining a set up that works around a player who is certain to leave. And assuming he will play as well as he can while he kills time waiting for that move...

It doesn't really matter. I'm not looking at his position, I'm looking at his place in the team. Whatever formation you play will need adequate backups to keep it going over the course of the season. With him *and* Lo Celso, you have that depth. Without him, you don't.

Doesn't really matter which way you slice it, imo. One less first-team player means one more raw youngster to simply make up the numbers- be it Roles, Parrott, Marsh or even Skippy (who, for all their promise, are still raw , inexperienced and prone to errors). Which will have a concurrent effect on squad readiness and the ability to challenge for big trophies, which is Poch's aim.

Most likely to be Sissoko and Ndombele either side of Winks.

Up front is the problem if we insist on playing the diamond. All signs point to us going for a 4-3-3 though. Interestingly that's the formation which makes Eriksen the most vulnerable, much the same way that Liverpool survived without Coutinho.

I want him to stay, but I can easily see a life without him, I've never been a fan of how dependant we are on him, you can't build a modern team challenging on multiple fronts like that.

Most likely to be Sissoko and Ndombele either side of Winks.

Up front is the problem if we insist on playing the diamond. All signs point to us going for a 4-3-3 though. Interestingly that's the formation which makes Eriksen the most vulnerable.

yeah! planning for life without him maybe. We rely way too much on him and Kane anyway. We need goals from elsewhere in the team.

It doesn't really matter. I'm not looking at his position, I'm looking at his place in the team. Whatever formation you play will need adequate backups to keep it going over the course of the season. With him *and* Lo Celso, you have that depth. Without him, you don't.

Doesn't really matter which way you slice it, imo. One less first-team player means one more raw youngster to simply make up the numbers- be it Roles, Parrott, Marsh or even Skippy (who, for all their promise, are still raw , inexperienced and prone to errors). Which will have a concurrent effect on squad readiness and the ability to challenge for big trophies, which is Poch's aim.

Midfield options of:
Winks, NDombele, LoCelso (and attack), Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Wanyama (currently).

Attacking options of:
Kane, Son, Alli (and mifdfield), Moura, Lamela, Sessegnon, Parrot

Without a rush of enforced absences and injuries, Im not looking at that pool and seeing an Eriksen shaped hole that leaves us desperately short.

Would I prefer to have Eriksen in there, fit, on form and committed? Of course. Given the situation we are in though, I think youd be a fool to believe it possible.

Most likely he gets a move over the next couple of weeks. If he stays though, its to kill time until Jan/Next Summer. Smart money would be on Poch working on a team that doesnt need him anymore.

He’s such an idiot, he wont survive the madrid boo boys.

The team they have built is destined to fail just like the vdv, sneijder, robben team.

It is another poorly put together side and he wont last more than two years at madrid.

Mark my words it will be a disaster for him and as I say he is an idiot for not seeing it.

The president of madrid is also an idiot of the highest order. Destroying an incredible madrid team by remarkably selling makelele and sacking del bosque.

He then manages to repeat the trick years later with the side that recently won both la liga and the cl in the same season, by removing the very reason they managed the double and to finally be firmly ahead of barca - their awesome squad depth. Out went the likes of contrao, danilo, james, moratta and the team instantly paid the price. They havent been the same since but were still able to perform in the cl because of ronaldo and guess what the bafoon did next.....

I’m hoping that with a stronger (and far less injured) squad we will see more rotation that means we can sustain a PL challenge even while cups. I think we’ll See all of Sissoko, N’Dombele, Winks, Lo Celso, Ali, Dier, Wanyama and (if still around) Eriksen rotated and will be stronger for it come the home stretch.

Edit.... and I even forgot about Lamela.

Last edited:
Keep Eriksen and motivate him to give us a Bale / Coutinho / Suarez final season before departing and this has been an epic window. Sell him now and I think it’s been decent.

Keep Eriksen and we have real depth and quality, can rotate and we can make a real push. Just have to make sure he is motivated if we do.

I am hoping that now we have improved our squad with 3 very good players Eriksen will now stay and sign another contract.

Back