• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I was expecting something really outrageous. Am I missing something?
Hello? A player took off his former clubs shirt! That's totally unacceptable, and almost as outrageous as a player saying that if a top club comes, he might consider taking on a new challenge. Almost.

Looking forward to the measured reactions of Eriksen’s video at his new club...i’m Picturing a pendulum swing in a thfc branded grandfather clock , a hand reaching out stopping the clock revealing an iwatch with a Manure logo on it and the camera pans up to reveal CE saying “No more ticking, it’s time for a new challenge”

Looking forward to the measured reactions of Eriksen’s video at his new club...i’m Picturing a pendulum swing in a thfc branded grandfather clock , a hand reaching out stopping the clock revealing an iwatch with a Manure logo on it and the camera pans up to reveal CE saying “No more ticking, it’s time for a new challenge”
I this a sign??:eek::eek::eek::eek:

28E9E3BF-4740-432B-B891-5B70B1DE89B6.jpeg

They’ve had a decent window to be fair. Better than I thought. That said, I know nothing about Tierney and while Luiz is better than some of the brick they have, he’s not exactly Mr Dependable. They’ve put themselves in the race for top 4 but I’d still fancy us to finish ahead of them.

Luiz to Arsenal for £8m. Should make the Arsenal defence ... well, more like an Arsenal defence.

I think the competition with Guendouzi will be fun.

I was just about to say, if their defense was comical before. It's about to get GHod damned hilarious.

It's not strengthening, Luiz gets a pass as an OK defender when he has a solid midfield screening him.

He will crash and burn at the Arse and I will laugh so hard.

They’ve had a decent window to be fair. Better than I thought. That said, I know nothing about Tierney and while Luiz is better than some of the brick they have, he’s not exactly Mr Dependable. They’ve put themselves in the race for top 4 but I’d still fancy us to finish ahead of them.
I’d imagine most Goons thought the same about Luiz as most of us to do but if he signs his experience will suddenly be seen as a positive.

The number of signings will give them some optimism going onto the new season, smart move to leak a budget of 40m and then go beyond it.

You feel that Emery has been backed, which might add some pressure on him if they don’t look like getting CL.

No doubt united and goons will be better than last season, hopefully this will help push through the deals we have been linked with and leave Chelsea vulnerable to drop out of CL

I’d imagine most Goons thought the same about Luiz as most of us to do but if he signs his experience will suddenly be seen as a positive.

The number of signings will give them some optimism going onto the new season, smart move to leak a budget of 40m and then go beyond it.

You feel that Emery has been backed, which might add some pressure on him if they don’t look like getting CL.

No doubt united and goons will be better than last season, hopefully this will help push through the deals we have been linked with and leave Chelsea vulnerable to drop out of CL

That’s an excellent summary of the situation. You’re right, it was very clever of that shower to leak a low budget number. Looking at this window, if I was a Chelsea fan I’d be very worried. Then again, if I was a Chelsea fan, that’d suggest some very fundamental psychological problems and a bad window would be the least of my worries.

KEOWN

"If I was at Arsenal and had the ear of Unai Emery, I would be advising my manager not to sign David Luiz," he told the Daily Mail. "Walk away from this deal. This is not the defender for you. It’s too high risk.

"Yes, Arsenal want a centre back, but is Luiz the answer to their prayers? I don’t think so.

"The way the 32-year-old plays, he would be exposed in that Arsenal defence. He would not get the same protection that he enjoys at Chelsea, where N’Golo Kante patrols in front of the back line.

"In possession, Luiz is a wonderful passer, but he makes mistakes when playing as part of a back four.

"He has a tendency to lose his marker and is one of those all-or-nothing players — if he doesn’t win the ball in a challenge, then congratulations because you’re in."

What the fudge is wrong with that? They really are ungracious cnuts. I'll tell you what's disrespectful low balling Palace for their star player, unsettling him then dropping him like a stone. Would have been much more worried if they had managed to sign zaha tbh.

Unless they have signed a different David Luiz to the one we all know and love, their defence is going to be hilarious when they partner him with mustafi.

I think they've had a far better window than they would have hoped 2-3 months ago

Lost Ramsey and Koceilney but brought in 4 players who will be in their first choice 18. They still dont look very solid but in June they were probably looking at 6th and no better this year; now they have more of a shot at higher than that (though still most likely 6th)

I thought similar last year.

They bought players in all the positions they really needed, and looked a lot like they knew what they were doing.

Then maybe 1 of the 6 or 7 they bought was actually any good and they were brick all year.

Im not sure Ive seen enough this window to think itll be any different.

They’ll be great at home and weak away, same as last season. Good side, some good players, but I don’t see them breaking top 4 unless we have another bad season and give them an opening again or Chelsea implode, like we know they can.

Back