• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

Can anyone who knows Dybala well explain what kind of player he is? What are his strengths and traits? What’s his best position? All I really know is that he gets a good amount of goals and a decent amount of assists.

Can anyone who knows Dybala well explain what kind of player he is? What are his strengths and traits? What’s his best position? All I really know is that he gets a good amount of goals and a decent amount of assists.

Someone made the comparison with VdV which I think is pretty fair, but a better dribbler/runner. Equally like VdV, can be a bit of a luxury.

Players waiting for their medical at Hotspur Way today.

standing-in-line-is-awful.jpg

I asked, and Juventus fans will tell you two things about this kid.

Firstly, that he's brilliant and that they absolutely hate that he's being forced out of the club by their management for whatever reason.

And secondly, that he's inconsistent and a bit weak mentally - goes missing sometimes, and loses confidence easily.

From what I can gather, his best role is as a free-roaming second striker, in behind someone like Kane - his best assets are a magic wand of a left foot, amazing dribbling ability, good link-up play and through passing for a forward, and a hammer of a long shot.

He's not the most physical, and apparently, athough he's amazingly quick in the turn, he's not the paciest over a long sprint.

Juve fans love him - they think he's got amazing talent, and that he's loyal and wants to stay - in their view, he's being forced to leave by Paratici and their directors for FFP reasons (and apparently his girlfriend, who wants to move to London :p ). But they also acknowledge that he's a bit fragile mentally.

If this kid does show up at Hotspur Way today, Poch will need to pull the 'arm around the shoulder' routine, with Lamela, Foyth, Gazza and Lo Celso (hopefully) in support, to get him feeling at home and firing right away. But if he does come, with the mini-Argentina we're apparently building and a bit of support, he could blow the league away in partnership with Kane, Son and Alli.

I asked, and Juventus fans will tell you two things about this kid.

Firstly, that he's brilliant and that they absolutely hate that he's being forced out of the club by their management for whatever reason.

And secondly, that he's inconsistent and a bit weak mentally - goes missing sometimes, and loses confidence easily.

From what I can gather, his best role is as a free-roaming second striker, in behind someone like Kane - his best assets are a magic wand of a left foot, amazing dribbling ability, good link-up play and through passing for a forward, and a hammer of a long shot.

He's not the most physical, and apparently, athough he's amazingly quick in the turn, he's not the paciest over a long sprint.

Juve fans love him - they think he's got amazing talent, and that he's loyal and wants to stay - in their view, he's being forced to leave by Paratici and their directors for FFP reasons (and apparently his girlfriend, who wants to move to London :p ). But they also acknowledge that he's a bit fragile mentally.

If this kid does show up at Hotspur Way today, Poch will need to pull the 'arm around the shoulder' routine, with Lamela, Foyth, Gazza and Lo Celso (hopefully) in support, to get him feeling at home and firing right away. But if he does come, with the mini-Argentina we're apparently building and a bit of support, he could blow the league away in partnership with Kane, Son and Alli.

This is my take, too

I still have my concerns about United in this transfer.

If (IF) they get a whiff that there are numbers being subsidised by Juve to help with the image rights etc, I think they'll swoop again at the last minute with an better wage offer.
I also think the Mandzukic rumours are just a cover up for their contact with Juve to keep them abreast of the Dybala situation.

Dybala is a much better fit for them than Mandzukic is.

@DubaiSpur if we sign this absolute gem, Lo Celso and Sessegnon, what will you do or say? I'm intrigued.

My plan is simple.

1) Get blackout drunk after work with as many colleagues as I can feasibly drag with me, and

2) Take tomorrow off, and spend the entire day, from dawn until dusk, furiously, relentlessly blowing my load on Dybala 2019 compilations.

Why, what would you expect me to do or say?

Levy spends money, shows ambition and backs his man, I'm a happy fudging camper. All I ever asked for, all this time. :p

I read on Wikipedia that he's actually called "the jewel" in Argentina because of his abilities. :D

'La Joya', yep. Apparently Pogba has a more prosaic nickname for him - he calls Dybala 'Square + R2', because that's the combination you use on the Playstation controller to turn and shoot in FIFA, and that's the only type of goal he seems to score, according to Pogba. :p

I hope they have blacked out windows in Dybala’s car when they drive him from Stansted through Edmonton and Enfield and only allow him to see out once he has got into the private stadium car park.

Not that I have been to Milan yet but I’m pretty sure it is quite nice there

My plan is simple.

1) Get blackout drunk after work with as many colleagues as I can feasibly drag with me, and

2) Take tomorrow off, and spend the entire day, from dawn until dusk, furiously, relentlessly blowing my load on Dybala 2019 compilations.

Why, what would you expect me to do or say?

Levy spends money, shows ambition and backs his man, I'm a happy fudging camper. All I ever asked for, all this time. :p
Absolutely. But I think the point is you (and many others) should trust Levy & Poch a bit more on transfers. The clear reason we didnt buy last season was that there wasnt the players available to purchase.

Now look a season on - N'Dombele, the player who bossed Man C in the CL - we couldnt of got him last season. Sessegnon Fulham were quoting ridiculous money and as last season showed he is far from the finished article although has obvious talent. Lo Celso has gone and proved himself as a big talent, and in we swoop. And to cap it all off potentially Dybala?!

Whether this one happens or not the message is clear - Keep the faith in both Poch and Levy. They know what they are doing.....

I share your concern and it's a fair call but I'll counter with this.

Our defence wasn't the only reason we lost so many games last year. We never got going last year really. The Everton and Chelsea games were the only ones where we looked like Poch's Tottenham. I think that was down to midfield where Dembele was crocked, Dier was crocked, Winks was crocked and he had to build his midfield around Sissoko. We didn't control games as a result. Next season should surely be different. Hopefully Dier and Winks stay fit, Ndombele is here and Lo Celso can play there too apparently.

Jan and Toby being a year older is a concern. But Sanchez is also a year older and he will become a beast. Hopefully he's a few steps closer to it now.

The full backs are the main worry and, for me, RB. I think Rose and Davies are great options at LB. However, Aurier, Foyth and KWP aren't. I'd love Aurier to become the player I really think is in there but he's had two years and not done it. Foyth is a very good stop gap but not the sort of full back a Poch system needs so that position is my biggest worry.

However, if we go into a season with Kane, Son, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Dybala as our attacking options with Winks, Ndombele, Dier and Sissoko behind them...fudge me I won't sleep tonight just thinking about that.

But your argument is that we'll have such a strong forward half of the team that it will outweigh the defieciencies in attack - 2 players are listed there who we haven't even signed yet.

If we look at central midfield:
- Wanyana - crocked and even if he gets back to fitness can he really get back to the form of 3 seasons back, also hasn't had a pre season
- Dier - good player but looked way off the pace at the end of the season, never seen such a bad performance as Bournemouth. Also hasn't had a pre season either though to be fair he's been an ever present bar 2nd half of last season.
- Winks - love him but we have to be realistic that every season he's picked up an injury that has curtailed it, hopefully it's growing pains but I fear the same may happen again.
- NDombele - can't wait to see him in action, no issues here

So there's question marks on 3 of the players there coupled with what I think is a weaker defence than last season - I think signing no players last summer has set us back in a different sort of way in that it's left us too much to do in one summer. We should have been succession planning in advance for defence but we have question marks over a LB who the club don't want, RB where it seems we have no settled player there and CB where we have 2 exceptional CBs but they are slowing down slightly and Sanchez was disappointing last season but will hopefully have learnt from it.

Back