• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

There's a credible ITK* on SC saying it's going to happen and has been in the works a while. I'm very, very surprised and equally disappointed if true.

*I know, I know. Credible ITK is an oxymoron.

I've often bigged him up when a lot of fans haven't particularly appreciated him. After Kane he has been our most vital player. He's barely missed a game. Has sublime touch and has an intrinsic craft to his game. Few have that. Complete control over a football. But if he goes, its okay. We've had the best of him, and fair play he wants to play for another club before he's on the downturn. He is also a frustrating player. Has so much culture and touch, but he doesn't ever impose himself. Would never lead. He's more of a behind the scenes guy - his most impressive stat is chances created.

Poch's outburst about 10 days ago? Eriksen needed silly money to stay. Instead he's being sold. Poch wanted the players to know its not him in charge of that. But I think it probably is the best thing for him to move on. Even to united. He wants a fresh challange. We can strengthen and refresh.

Am I concerned about how we'll fair without him? Yes. But we will regroup and if we sign two other quality players we wouldn't have got without Eriksen going now, its a pragmatic outcome.

No one here would have advocated we sign Bale on £1m a week. If Eriksen stays he would have effectively cost the club £1m++ per week. Levy will only sell him to united for top dollar 65-80m.

Make no mistake about it. You are giving Man Utd one of the best playmakers in the league if you give them Eriksen. I would rather sell him at 20m cheaper to City than United. A forward line with pace and Eriksen to accurately pass is no joke. This is both weakening oneself and strengthening a rival which is doubly foolhardy. I really pray that we are not selling a guaranteed assist master to United and risking all on two players who aren't even the best playmakers for their respective countries.

Make no mistake about it. You are giving Man Utd one of the best playmakers in the league if you give them Eriksen. I would rather sell him at 20m cheaper to City than United. A forward line with pace and Eriksen to accurately pass is no joke. This is both weakening oneself and strengthening a rival which is doubly foolhardy. I really pray that we are not selling a guaranteed assist master to United

Would agree fully with that, i would be sad to see Eriksen leave anyway but selling him to Utd would be a BIG mistake.

Utd have signed mata, Sanchez and pogba neither of them have been a great success, why should Eriksen be any different?
Is he really that much better than any of them? Not exactly same position or type of player but still, what's Eriksen going to bring that will turn them around?

If we get 60m from united considering he has one year left and his heart and head is elsewhere AND it enables the signings of lo celso and dybala (who would be two hungry young guns on long term contracts) then I say do it.

The only one to miss out in this scenario is eriksen, who messed us around for years running his contract down and embarrassing himself by courting madrid and barca to no avail and then when all fails he demands ridiculous release clauses in any new contract.

Bye bye mate jog on.

He wouldn't sign a contract two years ago because he wanted Barca. They didn't come in for him. He waited again. They didn't come in for him. He decided to try and advance the situation. They didn't come in for him and neither did his fall-back, Real Madrid. I believe Athletico were the only ones to make a solid bid early-doors this window, and I believe he didn't want it. Hmmm. He must be in a right old two and eight TBH. I did not believe for one minute we would deal him to Man U if we could, but it appears true. If he goes there, it would be bizarre on many levels, not the least of which that he only really wanted Barca and RM as a second option. There is no getting away from it, this is a giant mess and only a fool would predict the next 48 hours as I am convinced not even those who KNOW "know" how it will all play out right now. For me, the ONLY way forcing him up there works is if we get two diamonds in and fast. Even then, my PERSONAL feeling is that we are handing Utd a gift, but this is business too, and again, IF we got the right players in, then I suppose I'd be OK with it. Of course, what I think matters not one jot, but hey, given that I have found myself sucked into this window more than any in recent memory, thought I'd play along!!!!

If we lose Eriksen and get in 2 out of Dybala, Lo Celso and Fernandes then I don’t care where he goes. We’ve improved.

If we lose him to United and only get Lo Celso or Fernandes, it’s a dreadful window even with Tongee.

Hopefully we come out on the right side of this and our new stadium means we have a little more clout and aren’t the ones with our pants down at the end of it all wondering how we lost Berbatov and Keane and ended up with Frazier Campbell.

This all feels a bit weird from Eriksen’s point of view though...I guess he has dallied so much that we view it as better to get him out and make some moves. I just can’t see why he hasn’t decided to sign a new deal with us. How did a desire to move to Madrid or Barca if they come move into a desire to move at any cost, even for Europa League football? It’s a strange situation and I feel like one he could have avoided. Sure he’ll make a decent weekly wage at United but why skip out on our project? Why would he hunker down with them long term when he could have his market next summer when more teams would be willing to take a chance on him for free?

We must be pushing him as much as anything and I’d like to think we’d only do that if we can get replace him and get someone else to genuinely improve us. If we don’t do that, there’s no point.

Make no mistake about it. You are giving Man Utd one of the best playmakers in the league if you give them Eriksen. I would rather sell him at 20m cheaper to City than United. A forward line with pace and Eriksen to accurately pass is no joke. This is both weakening oneself and strengthening a rival which is doubly foolhardy. I really pray that we are not selling a guaranteed assist master to United and risking all on two players who aren't even the best playmakers for their respective countries.

Agree but if no one wants him elsewhere do you let him leave for free next season?

Utd have signed mata, Sanchez and pogba neither of them have been a great success, why should Eriksen be any different?
Is he really that much better than any of them? Not exactly same position or type of player but still, what's Eriksen going to bring that will turn them around?

Yes he is better than all of them
He just isn't as glamourous

Surely we cannot be selling to United? He wanted a new challenge so decided to go to that shambles of a club? Nah this can't be true, Levy is going to pull out at last minute to fudge up their transfer window.

I was OK with him leaving for Italy or Spain, I'm not OK with him going to UTD.

However...I don't think we have a choice. He's not going to sign with us and if his dream move has evaporated then money is going to be the best comforter. UTD will offer him a lot of money, probably in excess of double what he's on now and whilst short term they look a mess, there is no reason they won't be back in the top 2-3 with the investment's they can make. I do believe that this isn't the deal that he wanted, but we know he wants out and we might as well make money on him now rather than hold on to him for a year only to see him go to a competitor next summer for nothing.

I guess, this is football.

Yes he is better than all of them
He just isn't as glamourous
Not as glamorous definitely, better in a well run club with a team like a machine, possibly (the other three have all won major trophies after all, shone in finals as well), better in the turmoil that is utd, I can't see it.
And I really don't see what he as a person is going to bring to that team to improve them that much.

Why not just wait until next summer and go there then if no other offer materialises? And get a big fat sign on fee to go with it?

Eriksen to United makes no sense to me this week. We don’t need to offer him up to them. He doesn’t need to push to go to them.

Philosophically I agree. Sadly, it appears we will not let him walk on a free. The only single “positive” I could see in the move is it would make Arse and Chelski nervous. Other than that, it becomes about money. And if it happens, we need to be running the table with all the options mentioned IMO.

Back