• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

My worry in this whole Lo Celso chase is that we seem to be assuming that Betis need money. Yes having sold a fair few players I'm not sure that is the case. Additionally the player is on a long contract and hasn't kicked up a fuss. Unfortunately I think Betis hold more cards than we do in this situation.

Lo Celso: Tottenham make last offer, Betis hope for last push, still need the money
By Sean Lunt -

6th August 2019

Giovani Lo Celso to Tottenham has been one of the running sagas of this transfer window, and it’s a story that will go right to deadline day.

The Argentine has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane all summer, but Daniel Levy has refused to pay Betis’ asking price, and that remains the case according to Diario de Sevilla.

The newspaper reports that despite reports that the Spanish club have ended negotiations that is not the case and they are still hoping for a last push from Spurs.

As has been the case all summer, Betis need the money to do their own business, particularly completing a move for striker Borja Iglesias.

The money from the sale of Lo Celso would help them in that regard, as well as finding a new left-sided player following the departure of Junior.

Daniel Levy has made it clear that their latest bid, €52m plus €8m in addons, will be their last, though. In fact, Levy is busy conducting other work, and that includes an alternative to Lo Celso in Bruno Fernandes.

That’s not good enough for Betis as they will lose 23% of that to PSG and Rosario Central, Lo Celso’s former clubs, as well as various payments that will go to the player and his agent.

They’re hoping for a ‘last-ditch’ bid from Tottenham to ‘satisfy’ Mauricio Pochettino, and Diario believe that Lo Celso’s future should be clear in the next few hours. Whether that future is at Tottenham or somewhere else, remains to be seen.

I dont know that they are desperate for the money, but Ive seen that the need money to go for Iglesias a few times, and it certainly appears to me they are trying to use Lo Celso as we did Bale. Sell a big asset and rebuild half the team....

I completely understand where they are coming from, but I also think they are just trying to push the price too far, and theres a danger it all falls through.

My worry in this whole Lo Celso chase is that we seem to be assuming that Betis need money. Yes having sold a fair few players I'm not sure that is the case. Additionally the player is on a long contract and hasn't kicked up a fuss. Unfortunately I think Betis hold more cards than we do in this situation.

Totally agree. Don't blame them for holding out. Also don't blame Levy for holding out either - they've been asking for a hell of a lot of money. I'm pretty sure one will blink on deadline day, and not before then. Fingers crossed it's Betis and we manage to get a good price after all this waiting/negotiation.

Lo Celso: Tottenham make last offer, Betis hope for last push, still need the money
By Sean Lunt -

6th August 2019

Giovani Lo Celso to Tottenham has been one of the running sagas of this transfer window, and it’s a story that will go right to deadline day.

The Argentine has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane all summer, but Daniel Levy has refused to pay Betis’ asking price, and that remains the case according to Diario de Sevilla.

The newspaper reports that despite reports that the Spanish club have ended negotiations that is not the case and they are still hoping for a last push from Spurs.

As has been the case all summer, Betis need the money to do their own business, particularly completing a move for striker Borja Iglesias.

The money from the sale of Lo Celso would help them in that regard, as well as finding a new left-sided player following the departure of Junior.

Daniel Levy has made it clear that their latest bid, €52m plus €8m in addons, will be their last, though. In fact, Levy is busy conducting other work, and that includes an alternative to Lo Celso in Bruno Fernandes.

That’s not good enough for Betis as they will lose 23% of that to PSG and Rosario Central, Lo Celso’s former clubs, as well as various payments that will go to the player and his agent.

They’re hoping for a ‘last-ditch’ bid from Tottenham to ‘satisfy’ Mauricio Pochettino, and Diario believe that Lo Celso’s future should be clear in the next few hours. Whether that future is at Tottenham or somewhere else, remains to be seen.

I dont know that they are desperate for the money, but Ive seen that the need money to go for Iglesias a few times, and it certainly appears to me they are trying to use Lo Celso as we did Bale. Sell a big asset and rebuild half the team....

I completely understand where they are coming from, but I also think they are just trying to push the price too far, and theres a danger it all falls through.

I just can't see it falling through, unless we buy Fernandes instead and keep Eriksen. And I have no idea to what extent we genuinely want Fernandes, as opposed to him just being a negotiation tactic.

Only two more days to find out!

I just can't see it falling through, unless we buy Fernandes instead and keep Eriksen. And I have no idea to what extent we genuinely want Fernandes, as opposed to him just being a negotiation tactic.

Only two more days to find out!

Im really looking forward to Thursday coming and going so we can actually sit and look at what everyone has.

Personally I think Lo Celso is a target regardless, and that chances are a deal isnt far off. As you say, one side gives a little compromise and it can happen.

Fernandes, for me, is all about Eriksen going. I only see him signing if Eriksen is sold (or expected to be sold). Otherwise I doubt we can afford it.

Here's Thursday in a nutshell to save you bothering to wake up...

MIDDAY: Levy accepts United's offer for Eriksen. Against the wishes of most fans, he foolishly sells our most creative player to a rival in a move that has horrible echoes of Berbatov.

2pm: Eriksen seen holding red shirt, claiming it was his dream to play for a club like Man Utd.

4pm: Supposed ITK's call for angry fans to remain calm as there's "something big happening imminently".

4.30pm: Betis continue to play hard ball. Lo Celso deal falls through. More unrest amongst fans.

4.45pm: No time left to turn full attention to Bruno, who instead moves to Madrid.

5pm: The only sound louder than the Transfer Window slamming shut, is that of the door at WHL as Poch walks out, amid turmoil that Levy didn't get him the players he was promised.

MIDDAY: Levy accepts United's offer for Eriksen. Against the wishes of most fans, he foolishly sells our most creative player to a rival in a move that has horrible echoes of Berbatov.

2pm: Eriksen seen holding red shirt, claiming it was his dream to play for a club like Man Utd.

4pm: Supposed ITK's call for angry fans to remain calm as there's "something big happening imminently".

4.30pm: Betis continue to play hard ball. Lo Celso deal falls through. More unrest amongst fans.

4.45pm: No time left to turn full attention to Bruno, who instead moves to Madrid.

5pm: The only sound louder than the Transfer Window slamming shut, is that of the door at WHL as Poch walks out, amid turmoil that Levy didn't get him the players he was promised.
You need to wear your glasses to see clearer when having a bad dream!!!!!!!

If the scars from 2008 (Berbatov-Arshavin) and 2012 (Modric-Moutinho) weren't so deep, that would almost be funny

You should never eat cheese before going to bed.

Still worried with the state of the squad with 2 days left in the window
Concern 1 - seemingly not re signing Llorente or a similar type of forward. The lack of ability to mix it up and go longer in Kanes absence will hurt us IMO. was a useful weapon in the CL run
Concern 2 - RB - it's the most obvious weak spot in the squad. Again.
Concern 3 - we're seemingly really trying to offload Eriksen before Thursday so we can get some money for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes and one of Lo Celso or Countinho or Fernandes comes in as his replacement. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, but we have a lot to do in 48 hours and the risk of bids coming in after thursday from abroad.

I hate being negative but it does feel like our stock has never been higher and one or two quality signings would give us so much more heading in to this season. It's a tough market but there are players out there we could get who would really give us quality in depth.

Back