• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I don't think Alderweireld will go to Ajax. I think they have a wage budget that is lower than Burnley's. Toby will be playing for a club that pay him around £200k a week.
Unless he is that rare breed of footballer who isn’t solely motivated by coin and he’s seeing out his contract so he can return ‘home’ on a decent if not spectacular wage as there’s no transfer fee involved. I think Larssen for example went to Sweden to end his career as he wants his children to grow up there.

THE SERGE IS ON
Tottenham set to make late transfer for new right-back as Serge Aurier targeted for move back to France
EXCLUSIVE
  • Mike McGrath
  • 6 Aug 2019, 13:03
  • Updated: 6 Aug 2019, 13:04
SERGE AURIER has been targeted for a move back to France - and will spark Tottenham’s late move for a right-back.

The 26-year-old is wanted back for a return to Ligue 1 two years after leaving Paris Saint-Germain for Spurs in a £23million move.

PSG are among the teams looking at bringing him back to Ligue 1 and will land him for the right price.

Aurier started 15 games last season after suffering hamstring and groin injuries during the campaig.

And Mauricio Pochettino is willing to let him leave, despite Kieran Trippier also departing for Atletico Madrid.

Spurs will look to land a right-back on loan before Thursday’s transfer deadline.

Kyle Walker-Peters has attracted interest from top-flight clubs offering regular first-team football, which would leave Juan Foyth as cover at right-back when he recovers from his ankle injury.

Aurier’s departure would be part of a summer revamp following the club reaching the Champions League final.

Trippier departed for £25million and Danny Rose will be allowed to leave should a club come in for him.

PSG were also looking at Trippier following Dani Alves leaving the club and joining Sao Paulo.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9664970/tottenham-transfer-news-serge-aurier-france/

Bit of a random one, but might explain links to Atal, Hysaj and that Asian RB in France (I think he is Asian, cant find the link right now)

Found him: Marseille's Japan international Hiroki Sakai. Been linked a few times through the summer.

So.

Ins
Fernandes- £60m
Lo Celso - £60m
Sessengon - £25m
Atal - £30m
Ndombele - £63m
circa £238m

Outs
Eriksen £55m
Aurier £20m
Trippier £21m
Rose £25m
circa £121m

Total potential spend circa £117m

Feasible? Ha never gonna happen.

So.

Ins
Fernandes- £60m
Lo Celso - £60m
Sessengon - £25m
Atal - £30m
Ndombele - £63m
circa £238m

Outs
Eriksen £55m
Aurier £20m
Trippier £21m
Rose £25m
circa £121m

Total potential spend circa £117m

Feasible? Ha never gonna happen.

Janssen was about £10m wasnt he?

NKoudou linked away, Wanyama linked with a move, Onomah too - thats another £25-30m IMO

Total spend then circa £80m, or about the CL prize money. Or about 2 seasons budget.

Feasible?

Sorry forgot about Janssen. Whilst the spend is feasible I just dont think there will be that many movements in such a short space of time I meant. Maybe.

Looks to me like we have 2 deals actively on the go, Sessegnon and Lo Celso, and at present there seems to be the expectation they happen.

Fernandes, apparently, is also already on the go, but Im convinced its in an "if Eriksen goes" capacity. Fair to assume if we move on him it can happen quick?

The rest is all about opportunity. Most sales will go abroad or to the Championship, doesnt need to be this week. Buys? Depends if we spot a chance to get a bargain, could happen, could not...

Also, none of our sales bar Eriksen are big money or complex deals. Which should make it easier.

Championship has the same deadline as the EPL. It's 3rd tier and down that is later.

So Edwards to Brentford and 2CV to wherever needs to be done in the next two days too

That would be the slowest CB pairing since we had to use Dawson and Corluka together during an injury-crisis one time.
Is Maguire any slower than Vertonghen?

Didn't the tactical genius that was AVB once set up an even slower central defensive pair of Dawson and Capoue and then compound that by making them play a high line against Liverpool?.... I can only assume that this sort of high end tactical acumen wasn't covered until the appendix of his awesome powerpoint presentation to Levy and Levy didn't bother with those slides?

Breaking news from Twitter, courtesy of r/coys....

uhc48ytmdte31.jpg

Back