• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

I think 'Fernandes' is just what we say to Betis when they say 'Napoli' to us. It's all just bluff in the Lo Celso negotiations.

I think they are different players.

Lo Celso is a versatile CM, and will bring a lot of depth to the side.

Fernandes looks much more like a direct Eriksen replacement.

There is room for both.

For me Lo Celso has been a target all summer regardless, but interest in Fernandes is dependent on what happens with Eriksen.

I think they are different players.

Lo Celso is a versatile CM, and will bring a lot of depth to the side.

Fernandes looks much more like a direct Eriksen replacement.

There is room for both.

For me Lo Celso has been a target all summer regardless, but interest in Fernandes is dependent on what happens with Eriksen.

I don't think there's a difference in a 4-3-3. Note how Ndombele and Eriksen played the same role/position yesterday. I don't think we'll use that classic #10 role that much anymore.

Didnt watch the game yesterday.

And would suggest you dont get too bogged down in talk of 433 etc.

Poch has proven very flexible with formations, while 433 might look likely now we inevitably revert to 4231 quite often and Poch has also shown a desire to go with 352. Clearly nothing is set in stone.

And the team has proven it really needs depth to compete at the current level. If Eriksen goes creative and versatile midfielders will be essential no matter how we line up. As will having competition and options.

It was quite starkly different from our systems before. It was a definitely

Ndombele-------------Sissoko
-------------Winks

Then:

White-------------Eriksen
---------Skipp

Eriksen and Alli are blessed with workrate and creativity to play either that CM in a 3 role, or one of the front 3. Lo Celso looks that way too. I'm not sure anything other that being ACM in a 4-2-3-1 would suit Fernandes though?

It was quite starkly different from our systems before. It was a definitely

Ndombele-------------Sissoko
-------------Winks

Then:

White-------------Eriksen
---------Skipp

Eriksen and Alli are blessed with workrate and creativity to play either that CM in a 3 role, or one of the front 3. Lo Celso looks that way too. I'm not sure anything other that being ACM in a 4-2-3-1 would suit Fernandes though?

I dont know Fernandes well enough to say with any authority, but he does look best suited to that ACM role to me.

Point being, I think it would be rather foolish to look at a preseason game and decide thats how we will be playing all season, and use that to contextualise how you are viewing players etc.

We know very well that Poch will change things up constantly. We often play 3 or 4 formations within a game, let alone across fixtures.

So ultimately, options and depth are key. Versatile players like Lo Celso, Dier, Winks etc make it happen.

There is definitely room for Fernandes AND Lo Celso, IMO.

I see it the other way round, Lo Celso is more the Eriksen replacement and Fernandes is a more attacking midfielder option rather than the "playmaker"

As Ive said, Im far from expert on him. What Ive seen puts Fernandes in very similar positions as Eriksen, doing a very similar job (albeit not in the same style). Creating and scoring goals, dictating attacking play, occupying the space between the lines behind the striker...

Lo Celso did a lot of that last season, but also worked as more of a CM as well.

United 'enter fresh Fernandes talks'
Manchester United have entered fresh talks to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandesafter the player reportedly agreed terms on a move to Old Trafford.

Gazette dello Sport’s Nicolo Shira announced that the 24-year-old had accepted a six-year deal with the Red Devils worth £106,000 per week, after United were said to have held discussions with his agent overnight.

The journalist also revealed on Twitter that United must now be prepared to stump up the £65 million asking price if they are to prise Fernandes away from the Portuguese club.

Fernandes played in Sporting’s demoralising 5-0 Super Cup hammering at the hands of rivals Benfica on Sunday, in what is believed to be his final appearance for the club.

He was visibly emotional following the loss, and issued a statement by way of apology to the Lisbon fans

Saw a very similar tweet earlier saying the same about us. That Fernandes had agreed a deal etc. Funnily it also said he wasnt interested in Utd.

I think he and Eriksens fates are somewhat linked. If we lose Eriksen I imagine Fernandes will be the man we turn to. Equally, its probably either/or for Utd

This was what I saw - from AS (via The Sun)

MANCHESTER UNITED are close to signing Christian Eriksen after fellow target Bruno Fernandes set his heart on Tottenham.

That's the claim from Spain as AS say Spurs playmaker Eriksen is now willing to join United rather than wait for Real Madrid.

Midfield goal machine Fernandes, 24, has been linked with both Manchester giants but the Daily Mail suggest he is more excited by Champions League finalists Tottenham.

AS say Eriksen, who has one year left on his Spurs contract, is “seriously considering” a five-year offer from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.

MANCHESTER UNITED are close to signing Christian Eriksen after fellow target Bruno Fernandes set his heart on Tottenham.

That's the claim from Spain as AS say Spurs playmaker Eriksen is now willing to join United rather than wait for Real Madrid.

Midfield goal machine Fernandes, 24, has been linked with both Manchester giants but the Daily Mail suggest he is more excited by Champions League finalists Tottenham.

AS say Eriksen, who has one year left on his Spurs contract, is “seriously considering” a five-year offer from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.

Wow, players chipping in, who says there's no team spirit there?

If he goes to Utd it's all about the ££££s, a move to RM is a step forward, Utd is not.

Back