• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

so assuming this happens along with Sessegnon, it seems that Poch have got 3 of his top targets, assuming we can believe what we read, so fair play to Levy. Obviously could have done with Lo Celso in earlier but not entirely in our control

An alternative tale from the local Seville press

"Betis have broken negotiations with Tottenham for the transfer of Lo Celso a few days before the closing of the market in the Premier League and attends proposals from other European clubs"

The journo behind this is supposed to be very reliable on Betis

Full google translate

The Real Betis has broken off negotiations with Tottenham for the transfer of Giovani Lo Celso , as has been known alfinaldelapalmera.com . The rupture of the dialogue between the parties occurs a few days after the close of the market in the Premier League and after several weeks of the tug of war of both clubs for the sale of the Argentine. The Verdiblancos have rejected all the proposals of the English club, runner-up of the last edition of the Champions League, and are upset with the attitude of Tottenham with Betis and with the player himself.

Lo Celso traveled to Casablanca on Sunday with the rest of the team under Rubi's orders but was one of the few who did not play. Only Camarasa, Dani Martín, Edgar, Narváez and the Argentine were those who did not have minutes in this duel that ended with 0-1 in favor of the Verdiblanco block thanks to the goal of the Raúl squad in the final stretch of the clash. Lo Celso joined the Betic discipline last Wednesday and was in the second concentration of Montecastillo.

Lo Celso had an agreement with Tottenham for weeks, since the English club had committed to more than double the chip if it joined its ranks. The player hoped that the situation would be resolved before his return to the Betic ranks but in Heliopolis they have understood that Tottenham's offers have not been sufficient to date and have broken negotiations because the interest of other clubs has appeared to be made with Lo Celso.

Thus, Betis now negotiates with other clubs the possible transfer of Lo Celso , which has a termination clause of one hundred million euros. Atlético de Madrid and NaplesThey have recently shown their interest in the Argentine. The rupture of the negotiations with Tottenham a few days after the close of the market in England can be a greenish strategy to pressure the English club to increase its proposal, as well as a wake-up call for the other clubs interested in the Argentine. Betis' urgencies for the sale of the soccer player have diminished with the sale of Junior to Barcelona and the agreement with the Crystal Palace for the transfer with obligation of purchase in case of permanence of Camarasa, although the final consent of the soccer player to close this operation remains .​

Just can’t see any other clubs having the money to top our offer

Napoli keep on getting mentioned but their not a rich club
Exactly. Betis playing a dangerous game here, if we believe what is being written. They'll either sell him at a lower, or at best, similar price to what we're offering, or end up keeping him. The latter could backfire if he has a meh season.

I don't know what to believe, but given this has been going on for weeks now, my gut tells me he'll be a Spurs player come deadline day.

The journo behind this is supposed to be very reliable on Betis

Full google translate

Lo Celso had an agreement with Tottenham for weeks, since the English club had committed to more than double the chip if it joined its ranks. The player hoped that the situation would be resolved before his return to the Betic ranks but in Heliopolis they have understood that Tottenham's offers have not been sufficient to date and have broken negotiations because the interest of other clubs has appeared to be made with Lo Celso.

Thus, Betis now negotiates with other clubs the possible transfer of Lo Celso , which has a termination clause of one hundred million euros. Atlético de Madrid and NaplesThey have recently shown their interest in the Argentine. The rupture of the negotiations with Tottenham a few days after the close of the market in England can be a greenish strategy to pressure the English club to increase its proposal, as well as a wake-up call for the other clubs interested in the Argentine. Betis' urgencies for the sale of the soccer player have diminished with the sale of Junior to Barcelona and the agreement with the Crystal Palace for the transfer with obligation of purchase in case of permanence of Camarasa, although the final consent of the soccer player to close this operation remains .​

Yeah, wonder if this guy is a bit of a Betis mouthpiece in the media

Exactly. Betis playing a dangerous game here, if we believe what is being written. They'll either sell him at a lower, or at best, similar price to what we're offering, or end up keeping him. The latter could backfire if he has a meh season.

I don't know what to believe, but given this has been going on for weeks now, my gut tells me he'll be a Spurs player come deadline day.

I'm with you on that

Mundo Deportivo saying we're still a long way off Betis' valuation of Lo Celso. I reckon this will take all week. I'm sick of this guy already. :p

The detail provided by the Herc 'ITK' is interesting reading if nothing else:
"Betis have honestly been playing us, and tinkling us about. We had certainly one medical booked couple weeks ago, for them to switch with a load of flimflam stories. We played a key role in them getting Fekir for the price they got him, and PSG were being favourable in what they are owed.

They wanted us to pay everything off within 12 months, which is unheard of at this level. Then they wanted it over 2 years with a sizeable initial payment. After they dingdonged us around when we were pursuing N'Dombele, we left them to stew. We then started to pursue other targets, and they called us back. This is when I had put my nads on the line, as medical was 400% booked and confirmed for that coming week.

Now they sense and hear about our Fernandes negotiations, which seems to be much further advanced than one could think. And after calling us to conclude the deal last week, they again switch wanted a massive down payment.

Now this would effect our other deals the ready cash we have for our potential other targets. I do not want to go into it more than what I just done. The ball is in their court, because from where we stand, we don’t trust anything that comes out of Betis’ mouth. And I am not a BSoDL. But you just cannot blame him one iota here."

Not that I think "Herc" is ITK at all, but I do find this tale entirely plausible.

He is Betis' Bale, they see a big (and rare) payday and want to maximise that. I totally get it.

Problem is, the bidding war they anticipated didnt happen. And we werent just going to fork over £88m they would like.

So its always been about where the compromise would be made. Truthfully, the reported €52m + €8m deal seems about fair to my eye. Its a lot of money, but any more and we are really gambling on Lo Celso being as good as the hype.

I can absolutely see Betis pushing it from every angle they can to get the most they can.

And within reason I can see Levy trying to accommodate them. But we all know there is only so far he will go before telling them to take it or forget about it.

Impossible to know what to believe, with the contradictory reports over the state of negotiations, but I can see this dragging on right to the wire. I suspect the €60m figure is about where Levy will have drawn the line. Worst case scenario is he leaves Betis no way to save face, they end up chucking their toys Thursday, and then Eriksen swans off after the deadline.

I think Betis are playing chicken with us knowing we have the deadline Thursday.

Problem is, its Levy they are playing chicken with, and he isnt going to swerve under pressure.

Much more likely we push harder for Fernandes and refuse to sell Eriksen or something along those lines.

At which point Betis get left with Lo Celso, and who knows how well that will work out having already replaced him with Fekir...

Could be fine, of course. Could be he isnt the same player having had the rug pulled from under him on his big move. Could be a tactical conundrum that ultimately costs them...

Back