• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have agreed an £80m fee to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester City, according to Sky sources.

We understand personal terms are not yet agreed and the deal is subject to a medical.

Mirror say its done, at £85m

I really like Maguire, a lot, but I cant help thinking thats a huge amount of money

Decent defender. Plays the ball well, brings it through midfield etc.

He is a good player, though Id suggest he needs someone next to him who will cover his wandering about.

But I dont really see how Utd would be desperate for him.

And £80-85m is real desperation money.

Good buy for them though, they are in real need of a good CB and he is one.

Their moves have been really odd.

New deals for Jones and Smalling this summer, how mental is that?

Still got Lindelof and Bailley who presumably wont get a look in, despite not looking too bad last year.

Surely Fosu-Mensa will be looking for a move now...

And to top it off they spend an enormous sum on Maguire.

I would also be tempted to question their ability to make more moves as well.

Thats £130m ish out already this summer, they squad is very full and requires sales, not sure what the budget is like at the minute...

Might makes sense of the rumoured Dybala/Lukaku swap deal. Rule out Fernandes unless they raise cash with sales?

I would also be tempted to question their ability to make more moves as well.

Thats £130m ish out already this summer, they squad is very full and requires sales, not sure what the budget is like at the minute...

Might makes sense of the rumoured Dybala/Lukaku swap deal. Rule out Fernandes unless they raise cash with sales?

£130m on defenders alone, plus the £15m on the Welsh kid.

I've always thought that Maguire looked very average with the ball at his feet. Anyway, he's not worth that amount but who the fudge knows how to work out who is worth what these days.

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have agreed an £80m fee to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester City, according to Sky sources.

We understand personal terms are not yet agreed and the deal is subject to a medical.

Mirror say its done, at £85m

I really like Maguire, a lot, but I cant help thinking thats a huge amount of money
I agree mate but he will undoubtedly strengthen a position that has been their Achilles heel for sometime. I think he is a top quality player and I am bummed that they are getting him.

Woodward is again showing his stupidity in the transfer market. Allegedly could have got him for 70 million or less last season and he would very likely have given them a better chance to qualify for the Champions League.

I agree mate but he will undoubtedly strengthen a position that has been their Achilles heel for sometime. I think he is a top quality player and I am bummed that they are getting him.

Woodward is again showing his stupidity in the transfer market. Allegedly could have got him for 70 million or less last season and he would very likely have given them a better chance to qualify for the Champions League.

As much as I like him, he doesn't strike me as the best defender. Which I think is more what they require than a ball playing cb

A signing from the championship, bottom of the Prem and mid table prem...whilst this may have worked for Fergie it is a very different position - then he was buying the best of the rest when thy were top with only one rival and adding into an established team, when you have 5 teams in competition with you are the 6th best team in the league to start with its less likely to improve the position.

Last edited:

Catalunya Radio reporting that Coutinho will join an English club on loan in the next week, for a loan fee of between 25-30m (euros). As of now, the team's unknown.

Catalunya Radio is apparently considered Tier 1 - their late-night chat bit (where this apparently originated from) is held to get inside knowledge from Barca directly.

I have a funny feeling it might be us. Poch managed Coutinho before, so at least he knows his quality. Coutinho knows the league. And if Eriksen ends up going to Barca in a swap deal or something, it could be a canny move for all sides.

Still, could also just turn up at United or Arsenal.

Catalunya Radio reporting that Coutinho will join an English club on loan in the next week, for a loan fee of between 25-30m (euros). As of now, the team's unknown.

Catalunya Radio is apparently considered Tier 1 - their late-night chat bit (where this apparently originated from) is held to get inside knowledge from Barca directly.

I have a funny feeling it might be us. Poch managed Coutinho before, so at least he knows his quality. Coutinho knows the league. And if Eriksen ends up going to Barca in a swap deal or something, it could be a canny move for all sides.

Still, could also just turn up at United or Arsenal.

Rumours are it’s Arsenal.

Yea immediately thought Arsenal when I read that, seems to be their MO this window. Good player, not one they need, expensive and ultimately won’t own him.

Never rated Coutinho myself, pings in a worldie every so often but offers little else - rightly not made the cut at Barca

Back