• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Getting away from playmakers but Zabaleta was pretty good. A nayim said, Argentinians do seem to have a toughness that makes suitable for this league

Getting away from playmakers but Zabaleta was pretty good. A nayim said, Argentinians do seem to have a toughness that makes suitable for this league
GGG says that's cos the Argie Bargies have always been a proper dirty nation. Always went in hard for tackles and GGG likes that. Always cheated too which GGG doesnt like but he thinkg they are clever. GGG asks who wants to be a nice nation eh.

Last edited:
Nearer €70m with add-ons doesnt sound out of our wheel house.

Im sure we would want cheaper, but at the end of the day if its the £55m deal we apparently offered plus performance based stuff its not the end of the world.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...ion-towards-tottenham-over-transfer-dealings/

However, no deal has been reached as of yet, and El Desmarque have now claimed that Betis are far from happy with Tottenham’s transfer techniques.

They reportedly believe that Spurs are exploiting Betis’ need to sell and the tight Premier League window deadline to get a better deal.

The report states that they think that Levy is trying to ‘squeeze Betis’ with a €50m offer this summer

Of course he fudging is! What did they expect? A straight £88m transfer and no negotiation at all!?

Can't think of any Argentinian playmaker that has done well in the Premier League era. Veron was a bust. Funny enough I can't think of anyone else.

He's about as much a playmaker as Gini Wijnaldum is. He's pretty much a physical box to box player with a great shot on him that can go a job out wide if needed. He's a younger Milner, a slight upgrade on Sissoko. He can only pass the ball in the way Rooney tried in midfield. Big slow hollywood balls out to the full backs. Such he can play an obvious ball forward on the counter attack. But he is not the player that will control the game with the ball at his feet or be able to break down the 10 men behind the ball defences we come up against.

He's about as much a playmaker as Gini Wijnaldum is. He's pretty much a physical box to box player with a great shot on him that can go a job out wide if needed. He's a younger Milner, a slight upgrade on Sissoko. He can only pass the ball in the way Rooney tried in midfield. Big slow hollywood balls out to the full backs. Such he can play an obvious ball forward on the counter attack. But he is not the player that will control the game with the ball at his feet or be able to break down the 10 men behind the ball defences we come up against.

Gini is a tidy baller and quite an upgrade on Sissoko not withstanding that 16 goals and 6 assists is not a slight improvement on Sissoko's stats.

I do agree that he likely isn't a controlling CM playmaker but Poch has shown very no real interest in players of that Ilk. We have before Ndombele never signed a player who has passing ability as a key attribute under Poch.

The best we can hope for is a 3 man midfield staffed with competent passers (we don't currently) and further creativity on the attacking third.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...ion-towards-tottenham-over-transfer-dealings/

However, no deal has been reached as of yet, and El Desmarque have now claimed that Betis are far from happy with Tottenham’s transfer techniques.

They reportedly believe that Spurs are exploiting Betis’ need to sell and the tight Premier League window deadline to get a better deal.

The report states that they think that Levy is trying to ‘squeeze Betis’ with a €50m offer this summer

Of course he fudging is! What did they expect? A straight £88m transfer and no negotiation at all!?
Possibly Betis putting this out there to show their fans they really tried for the best deal when it gets announced he's being sold for €30m. :p

Ahhh, yes. Spurs 'paltry' offer means Balompe would've doubled their money over their €22-25 mil* purchase. That's good business by any standard.

Book 'em, Danno.

*Reports vary on actual price so merely quoting the range offered in vars media.

Poch's little performance in the press conference has probably added £5m to his fee.
If Levy had a plan to leave it as late as possible and reduce the fee on a player Betis can't afford to keep then it's shot now.

Poch's little performance in the press conference has probably added £5m to his fee.
If Levy had a plan to leave it as late as possible and reduce the fee on a player Betis can't afford to keep then it's shot now.

The pound tanking might have an effect as well.

Personally I think the pound going down is good on my investments(gold)

My son (Canadian) is loving the exchange rate as he wanders through Scotland, Ulster, Ireland and N17.

But I don't think the exchange rate factors in the least into Spurs transfer strategy. There's too much money to be made from winning.

692SwQ0.jpg

The pound tanking might have an effect as well.

Personally I think the pound going down is good on my investments(gold)

Aren't all transfers done in $s anyway?

We've also got an owner who made his entire fortune on currency speculation, so I expect our capital is sat in the best form at the moment.

Back