• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Im kind of surprised Welbeck hasnt had offers yet either.

Not that I rate him (Sturridge far superior IMO), but I would expect plenty of sides to be interested while he is on a free.

Fitness and salaries are probably the stumbling block for bottom half teams, they won't want to be forking out £100k a week for someone who's likely to miss a third of the season through injury.

Wants 100k a week and a £5m signing on fee apparently, the clubs who have shown interest appear to be those who won't/can't pay that.

Wow, hadnt seen that. Plenty to put people off there then...

Amazing he has the stones to demand such a package considering his career amounts to fudge all.

Fitness and salaries are probably the stumbling block for bottom half teams, they won't want to be forking out £100k a week for someone who's likely to miss a third of the season through injury.

There are clubs down there paying that money. Sure Palace had/have Cabaye and Benteke on about that. Though injury is a concern, hence my repeated used of the phrase "worth a gamble".

If it pays off, it makes a big difference.

Sturridge and Danny Welcrap - some desperate relegation-fodder is going to gamble on them

You know it's bad when West Ham aren't even after you.

I think £100k pw on either of these would be a bad deal for any PL club... even the relegation boys can get better value for £5m a year.

You know it's bad when West Ham aren't even after you.

I think £100k pw on either of these would be a bad deal for any PL club... even the relegation boys can get better value for £5m a year.
If you took both on low wage and performance bonuses you might get the equivalent of a fit player for a season. (Or just two crocks of course)

If you had to take one of Welbeck, Sturridge or Adebayor who would you go for!?

If I HAD to? Sturridge.

Welbeck is just brick, not even in the equation.

Adebayor is a hell of a player when he wants to be, but when was the last time that was the case. Genuinely, I didnt even know he was still playing before a link to West Ham today.

Sturridge, while far to injury prone for my taste, is a proven goalscorer and natural talent. Of the three he would be my choice.

But its a least worst kind of decision.

Not sure I want to heap too much pressure on Parrott, but I would really like to see him get some game time this year.

Only a pre season game, of course, but it was massively encouraging how well he did. Not in a "oh wow look at the skills" sort of way, though he obviously had quality. More in a "holy fudge he is only 17 but looks like he belongs" kind of way.

Given that Ive a long standing belief we dont need direct backup to Kane - Son does that job (and then Moura), Id be very happy for Parrott to be seen as an alternative off the bench for games we are cruising (to start with).

If you had to take one of Welbeck, Sturridge or Adebayor who would you go for!?

Wellbeck, hard worker on and off the pitch and wouldn't disrupt things, would do a job in a Poch team/squad. We actually wanted him when he signed for Arsenal, think he would have been a good, if limited, player for us as a squad option.

Gotta say, I'm getting a little bit twitchy about our lack of business.

It would seem that Betis are playing games with GLC now that they have Fekir and Fulham are playing hardball with Sessegnon. Levy is still playing his usual game, but his opponents know that we have cash and want to try to get as much of it as possible. There's part of me that thinks Levy is right to stick to his guns and another that thinks that if it's going to take 5m euros more to push a deal over the line then we should.

Then there's the affect this all has on the season. Two players who Poch would've wanted in pre-season that are now going to be at least a month behind the rest of the squad fitness wise and more than that with regards to learning the system.

Gotta say, I'm getting a little bit twitchy about our lack of business.

It would seem that Betis are playing games with GLC now that they have Fekir and Fulham are playing hardball with Sessegnon. Levy is still playing his usual game, but his opponents know that we have cash and want to try to get as much of it as possible. There's part of me that thinks Levy is right to stick to his guns and another that thinks that if it's going to take 5m euros more to push a deal over the line then we should.

Then there's the affect this all has on the season. Two players who Poch would've wanted in pre-season that are now going to be at least a month behind the rest of the squad fitness wise and more than that with regards to learning the system.

I think Lo Celso would have been off on holiday anyway - he had those Copa America games to rest up after.

Sessegnon, no idea why it isn't done, and agree with you there. He could have been in and training a long time ago.

Back