• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

The Janssen fee to Monterey Jack FC is supposed to be £6.8m. I think that's got to be ballpark for GKN as well. A France U21 international whose performed well in Ligue 1

And as for young English talent - we recently got £2m for Keanan Bennetts and Lookman is rumoured to be going for £22m. Onomah was one of the players of the tournament at the U20s world cup in 2017. I think £10m is actually on the cheap side.

I would be over the moon if you are proved right... but sceptical that Fulham would accept Sessegnon having a value just twice of Onomah ? Hope they do, hope they do....

Massive fan of this deal. Think he’ll be our left back. Playing full back in an attacking team with structure will be easy for him. Playing wide left in an unsettled team with 3 different Managers isn’t the one.

Also think this would be a great move for Onomah. Hope he makes it. You know our club is really on the up when someone of his talent isn’t getting a sniff.

Not that anyone has asked but I've been thinking about this one, if there is such a great difference in our valuation of the player, it seems to make a lot of sense to leave him to it for the remainder of his contract and get him on a free next season.

Happy to be proven wrong but given the time that has passed without any movement it seems very likely we're going to lose Eriksen and Toby in the same manner; so we may as well start sowing the seeds that'll allow us to invest funds elsewhere.

It'd be great to get young Ryan in now but would we really be expecting him to make the difference required for that step up (if played in an attacking sense) or to be a key part of our backline (if LB is the way he's going to go)? It doesn't seem that way to me.

I suppose a big part of it will be if Rose leaves, letting him an Trippier go....I've been critical of both on here but to lose both in the same window for 40 - 45m total is an interesting move to say the least. Like everyone on here, I'm hoping it'll make sense come the end of the window but I for one won't be devastated if nothing changes on the Sessegnon front as I think we'll be playing the long game here.

Not that anyone has asked but I've been thinking about this one, if there is such a great difference in our valuation of the player, it seems to make a lot of sense to leave him to it for the remainder of his contract and get him on a free next season.

Happy to be proven wrong but given the time that has passed without any movement it seems very likely we're going to lose Eriksen and Toby in the same manner; so we may as well start sowing the seeds that'll allow us to invest funds elsewhere.

It'd be great to get young Ryan in now but would we really be expecting him to make the difference required for that step up (if played in an attacking sense) or to be a key part of our backline (if LB is the way he's going to go)? It doesn't seem that way to me.

I suppose a big part of it will be if Rose leaves, letting him an Trippier go....I've been critical of both on here but to lose both in the same window for 40 - 45m total is an interesting move to say the least. Like everyone on here, I'm hoping it'll make sense come the end of the window but I for one won't be devastated if nothing changes on the Sessegnon front as I think we'll be playing the long game here.
I thought the same too and posted it earlier, but someone said that it could be risky. Lollerpool are also rumored to be interested and he could always sign for a foreign team in January. Plus we'd still have to pay a fee to Fulham, albeit not as high as the current transfer fee. But at £20m and the possibility to offload N'Koudou, I think it makes sense to do it now.

Massive fan of this deal. Think he’ll be our left back. Playing full back in an attacking team with structure will be easy for him. Playing wide left in an unsettled team with 3 different Managers isn’t the one.

Also think this would be a great move for Onomah. Hope he makes it. You know our club is really on the up when someone of his talent isn’t getting a sniff.

This. There are a lot of ways to accommodate an intelligent player, and he looks like an intelligent player.

I have concerns about his defensive ability (or lack thereof). But we don't actually need to use him in a defensive role, if (as I suspect) we're planning trying something like this -

--------------------Lloris-------------------

Foyth-----Sanchez-------Verts---Sessegnon

----------Ndombele---------Sissoko--------

Son----------------Alli---------------Lo Celso

--------------------Kane---------------------

That's what it would look like on a team sheet. But in possession, it could very easily look like this -

----------------------Lloris--------------------

--------Foyth------Sanchez-----Verts-------

--------------------------------------Sissoko--

----------Ndombele-----Lo Celso-------------

Son------------------Alli-----------Sessegnon

----------------------Kane---------------------

Where Foyth, Sanchez and Verts switch to a back three, Sissoko holds back on the left to cover Sessegnon, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Alli form an interchanging triangle in the middle, Kane stays up front, and Son and Sessegnon essentially roam down the flanks providing width.

That fits both the contemporary tactical trend of having four at the back (back three + Sissoko) to deal with counters, the new Liverpool-inspired trend of having a central midfielder drop into the flanks to cover for a marauding full-back, *and* a wide, balanced formation that uses both flanks.Plus, with four at the back, all six forward players can press at will, and with Foyth and Verts both back there, a lot of accurate long passes can be sprayed from deep to Son/Sessegnon at will, forcing the opposition to keep them marked.

Long story short, I think, if he does sign, he offers a lot of tactical options given his intelligence and general spatial awareness. I hope he does sign.

This. There are a lot of ways to accommodate an intelligent player, and he looks like an intelligent player.

I have concerns about his defensive ability (or lack thereof). But we don't actually need to use him in a defensive role, if (as I suspect) we're planning trying something like this -

--------------------Lloris-------------------

Foyth-----Sanchez-------Verts---Sessegnon

----------Ndombele---------Sissoko--------

Son----------------Alli---------------Lo Celso

--------------------Kane---------------------

That's what it would look like on a team sheet. But in possession, it could very easily look like this -

----------------------Lloris--------------------

--------Foyth------Sanchez-----Verts-------

--------------------------------------Sissoko--

----------Ndombele-----Lo Celso-------------

Son------------------Alli-----------Sessegnon

----------------------Kane---------------------

Where Foyth, Sanchez and Verts switch to a back three, Sissoko holds back on the left to cover Sessegnon, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Alli form an interchanging triangle in the middle, Kane stays up front, and Son and Sessegnon essentially roam down the flanks providing width.

That fits both the contemporary tactical trend of having four at the back (back three + Sissoko) to deal with counters, the new Liverpool-inspired trend of having a central midfielder drop into the flanks to cover for a marauding full-back, *and* a wide, balanced formation that uses both flanks.Plus, with four at the back, all six forward players can press at will, and with Foyth and Verts both back there, a lot of accurate long passes can be sprayed from deep to Son/Sessegnon at will, forcing the opposition to keep them marked.

Long story short, I think, if he does sign, he offers a lot of tactical options given his intelligence and general spatial awareness. I hope he does sign.

That's a sweet sounding symphony you're playing there.

That's a sweet sounding symphony you're playing there.

The way I see it, it's the ultimate evolution of Poch's preference for flexibility. Playing Foyth as a nominal RB and Sessegnon as a marauding left-back with limited (if any) defensive responsibilities allows for all sorts of very, very appealing tactical combinations.

Foyth shifts left and forms a back three with Sanchez and Verts, Sissoko ahead = solidity. Foyth and Verts can pass out from the back with ease, Sissoko and Sanchez provide pace and strength.

If we need more men forward, Sissoko can go up, the back three remains - still relatively secure, while giving the opposition another headache.

If even more men are needed, Foyth and Verts can maraud down the left and right half-spaces (both are good on the ball), Sissoko and Sanchez can stay back (pace can prevent breakaways).

And all the while, with Son on one flank, Sessegnon on the other, and a middle four of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli and Kane, we're creating an incredibly dangerous side down the middle that can't be easily dispossessed and can press for days - and can also seamlessly switch positions if needed.

We also have the personnel to essentially create a mirrored copy of this same system with a right-facing emphasis - Aurier/KWP becomes the wing-back on the right, Davies becomes the nominal centre-back from the left, and everything builds from there. So even if the opposition somehow deal with the system, two substitutions will completely shift it to a right-sided emphasis, and create a new problem.

The more I think about it, the more advantages this system has. It's supremely flexible, and all it needs is a couple of intelligent players on the flanks. Like Sessegnon.

That's dreamland, though - I don't want to hope for either until the window shuts, so I've assumed they're leaving. :)

If they do both leave, though, then in addition to Sessegnon and Lo Celso, I'd like us to look at either a backup striker/inside forward, or a defensive midfielder who can pass out from the back - either would be future planning (the former for Kane's absence/rotating with Son and Lucas, the latter for eventually replacing Sissoko).

The way I see it, it's the ultimate evolution of Poch's preference for flexibility. Playing Foyth as a nominal RB and Sessegnon as a marauding left-back with limited (if any) defensive responsibilities allows for all sorts of very, very appealing tactical combinations.

Foyth shifts left and forms a back three with Sanchez and Verts, Sissoko ahead = solidity. Foyth and Verts can pass out from the back with ease, Sissoko and Sanchez provide pace and strength.

If we need more men forward, Sissoko can go up, the back three remains - still relatively secure, while giving the opposition another headache.

If even more men are needed, Foyth and Verts can maraud down the left and right half-spaces (both are good on the ball), Sissoko and Sanchez can stay back (pace can prevent breakaways).

And all the while, with Son on one flank, Sessegnon on the other, and a middle four of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli and Kane, we're creating an incredibly dangerous side down the middle that can't be easily dispossessed and can press for days - and can also seamlessly switch positions if needed.

We also have the personnel to essentially create a mirrored copy of this same system with a right-facing emphasis - Aurier/KWP becomes the wing-back on the right, Davies becomes the nominal centre-back from the left, and everything builds from there. So even if the opposition somehow deal with the system, two substitutions will completely shift it to a right-sided emphasis, and create a new problem.

The more I think about it, the more advantages this system has. It's supremely flexible, and all it needs is a couple of intelligent players on the flanks. Like Sessegnon.
I love a good wonky. Like the Corluka and BAE days

That's dreamland, though - I don't want to hope for either until the window shuts, so I've assumed they're leaving. :)

If they do both leave, though, then in addition to Sessegnon and Lo Celso, I'd like us to look at either a backup striker/inside forward, or a defensive midfielder who can pass out from the back - either would be future planning (the former for Kane's absence/rotating with Son and Lucas, the latter for eventually replacing Sissoko).

Isn’t the latter actually Winks

You honestly don’t think winks will be starting?

I like your logic and the system but for me Winks is poch key player and it showed last season

Hell, maybe the new signings make a difference that we will see (I mean they will add I sure)

Back