• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

It had been reported that Nabil Fekir was on the verge of joining Real Betis, but now he could be tempted to leave Lyon for Napoli.

A deal to Real Betis may help Tottenham in their attempts to sign Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso, who Fekir was going to replace. With Betis perhaps out of the hunt for him, Lo Celso's exit looks slightly less likely.
Mauricio Pochettino is said to be a keen admirer of the £54-rated midfielder, who could be a good replacement for Christian Eriksen.

Spanish outlet AS reports that Tottenham have offered Eriksen to Atletico Madrid for €60-70m.

The same report also claims that a Spurs representative met with Miguel Angel Gil, Atletico’s CEO to discuss a potential deal.

Following Tottenham’s defeat in the Champions League final, Eriksen said: “I feel that I am at a stage of my career where I would like to try something new.”

It looks as if Toby Alderweireld is ready to commit his future to Tottenham after he revealed he expects to start the season with Spurs. “Yes. That’s my focus in football,” he said when quizzed about whether he’d be wearing a Tottenham shirt in another competitive game. “Everything can go quick but all I’m doing is focusing on Spurs and being fit for the start of the season.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-eriksen-latest-updates-rumours-a9015856.html

He's only performed in a weak Portuguese league so far (he was quite mediocre in Italy)

Agree with this
He is a bigger gamble although you could argue Le Celso wasn’t a success at PSG
On the flip side his stats for a team finishing 10th in Spain are excellent

I always love how you guys can dismiss leagues as weak. Benfica, Porto even Braga have shown they can go deep into the Champions league. So they must be able to do it against these so called "bigger" leagues.

Nearly every player that has come out of Portugal to the Premier League has done well. Ronaldo, Carvalho, Nani, Bernardo Silva, Most of the Wolves team. The massive punt Madrid have taken on Felix, The players bought from liga Nos all seem to do pretty well in England on the whole and in other leagues.

I'm his case I doubt it. He clearly has been affected by previous and has spoken of his reluctance of going to countries that have history.

It's a damn good job that England resolved it's racism problems a long time ago, it was when they declared that if you make absurd racially charged comments that they'll put you in charge of the place, that's what solved it ;)

I always love how you guys can dismiss leagues as weak. Benfica, Porto even Braga have shown they can go deep into the Champions league. So they must be able to do it against these so called "bigger" leagues.

Nearly every player that has come out of Portugal to the Premier League has done well. Ronaldo, Carvalho, Nani, Bernardo Silva, Most of the Wolves team. The massive punt Madrid have taken on Felix, The players bought from liga Nos all seem to do pretty well in England on the whole and in other leagues.

Bernardo Silva went from the reserves in Portugal to the Monaco side first

Nani and Robaldo were youngsters so developed here to a point

The other successful ones are generally older heads who have been around and won things so we’re proven

This guy has flopped in Italy and done well back home in a very dominant side... it’s a big gamble for a lot of money but it may pay off

And some teams from lesser leagues can succeed further in the CL as they can focus on it as their league is sewn up

Back