• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

It's not even about whether he uses his weaker foot or not. His dribbling technique just isn't good for his dribbling style. He often over-runs the balls or loses it when challenged. He's a good player and excellent squad guy but he is lacking technically for the ideas and vision he has. He is our Eriksen alternative and he does work best in the centre imo but he's never really had a consistent run of form to push Eriksen.

From another site

< Travelled up to Spurs for the West Ham game and my mate who was was recalling a Lamela story. Apparently his mate who works for Mace was chatting to Cliff Jones in the Club Wembley hospitality and asked him "who's the best player at Spurs". Cliff Jones said "That's easy. It's Erik Lamela. You should see the things he does on the training ground. Problem is he has a mental block every time he crosses the white line" >

I shall choose to believe it as I live in an Erik wonderland!

I remember hearing the same about Hossam Ghaly being the best player on the training ground. Transferring that to the pitch is a completely different animal.

Poch likes him so there’s no question he will be here for the foreseeable future. I’m surprised he got a four year contract extension last summer given his injury record. 2-3 years would have been ideal.

Problem is he has to be stay fit to be available to be valuable to the squad

No one I know doesn’t think he isn’t a good player... but everyone I know thinks he is as reliable as a FIAT
]

yeh but the fact we need 3 players before we even address this area means we have to stick and its not bad if we do

]

yeh but the fact we need 3 players before we even address this area means we have to stick and its not bad if we do

Not sure we do

Currently we’re well stocked in the attacking areas and bringing in sessegnon can add to that (yeah he may eventually become a left back)

But we have dele, moura, son, Kane, eriksen for 3 positions without Lamela

I will say we need 2 for every position and I’m not advocating selling him unless we replace him, but the fact he is fit for less than half a season says a lot about his availability

But we have dele, moura, son, Kane, eriksen for 3 positions without Lamela

I will say we need 2 for every position and I’m not advocating selling him unless we replace him, but the fact he is fit for less than half a season says a lot about his availability

By your reckoning though we have 5 players for 4 places there, hence need for Lamela in my view.

By your reckoning though we have 5 players for 4 places there, hence need for Lamela in my view.

I think we will be playing 3 up front though
Like we kinda did yesterday
And as I said I don’t want Lamela gone for the sake of it, I’d want him replaced and someone like sessegnon would be an upgrade as he has a better fitness record in the premier league after one season

You are right of course, but on the other side he is not as good as some make him out to be.
Maybe most of the people who have an opinion on all things to do with football are true fans of Spurs, with a deep Lilywhite running through them, but not an over-abundance of actual, real, footballer knowledge. I trust Poch to run this club. When all is said and done he will be in the top two (or three, sorry Mr. Burkinshaw) of managers at our club, and if he things Mr. Lamela is fit for purpose I will bow to his superior skills in the football game.

Back