• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

Paulo has been solid every single game
Not made a mistake I remember and just been reliable and pretty much perfection for a back up

My thoughts too...He's not done anything that's had me worried and yet, whilst he were at Southampton I seem to remember him for his bloopers..Poch magic you know...

My thoughts too...He's not done anything that's had me worried and yet, whilst he were at Southampton I seem to remember him for his bloopers..Poch magic you know...

He was poor there
He was also at Gillingham IIRC and wasn’t good there
Cannot say anything other than positives for him with us
And he is a sexy man

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I think he's been poor this tour. The Higuain goal he went down in stages and imo Lloris would've saved that and the two he conceded against UTD. He's better with his feet, but on these performances, there is no way he should be starting serious games for us.

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I think he's been poor this tour. The Higuain goal he went down in stages and imo Lloris would've saved that and the two he conceded against UTD. He's better with his feet, but on these performances, there is no way he should be starting serious games for us.

I agree

He was poor there
He was also at Gillingham IIRC and wasn’t good there
Cannot say anything other than positives for him with us
And he is a sexy man

Looks like we spoke to soon!

If selected, let's hope he does better against Real Madrid..

That's true, although one or two others here will beg to differ....

Perhaps we need to see a couple of worldies from him to restore some faith....

Again I watched the game and he played the sweeper keeper role as good as anyone which is why he is a great no 2

The aged old problem is that people overvalue judge games too quickly

Let’s be honest it’s his first bad game and it was a friendly... I’ll take that

i was talking to a guy today who was slagging him off big time for letting the first goal in at the near post, i said we have never seen Lloris do just that have we, he soon shut up.

i was talking to a guy today who was slagging him off big time for letting the first goal in at the near post, i said we have never seen Lloris do just that have we, he soon shut up.
Or de Gea
All keepers are fallible, but I prefer them to do that in a friendly

Or de Gea
All keepers are fallible, but I prefer them to do that in a friendly

Good point, it seems to be thing that because our num 2 keepers over the years have been dismissed by some fans that they are no good. I have heard fans over the years slagging the likes of Freidel, Vorm, Cudicini when in all honesty they have all been good keepers.

It seems some fans can not get past the fact that because they are not first choice they can not be any good.

Good point, it seems to be thing that because our num 2 keepers over the years have been dismissed by some fans that they are no good. I have heard fans over the years slagging the likes of Freidel, Vorm, Cudicini when in all honesty they have all been good keepers.

It seems some fans can not get past the fact that because they are not first choice they can not be any good.
It depends on several factors, though. I don't think anyone can claim that any player earning money playing in the top division, in the arguably hardest league in the world is no good. Even if they're second choice. Question is what you aim for, and how the rest of the team is assembled. Rather, if they're good enough. There's a difference between being good enough to stay in a division, and being good enough to win it. Players like Dejan Lovren is not an elite defender by any stretch, but the rest of the team can make him look better (or stand out as less good). If he was their mainstay in defence, they would not have won the Champions League, that much I'm pretty sure of.

A keeper like De Gea has his faults, but they are few. Then again he has the ability to do the exceptional, and both can and have singlehandely saved United from embarrasment - irritatingly enough also against us. Lloris is the same, arguably a tiny bit less so. Keepers like Gazzaniga, Vorm et al rarely lets in goals they're expected to save, but then again they rarely do anything you don't expect them to, either. Heurelio Gomez did pull off exceptional saves, but let in unbeliveable goals as well. He was a De Gea with more faults. Gazzaniga, as I've seen him, is solid. He's good. Of course he's good. Nothing more. Exactly what I would expect from a backup keeper. Keepers on his level will not feature as first choice on a title winning team in a competitive top level league, because sometimes you need keepers to do the exceptional to do so. Otherwise, they're rarely a title winning team.

Back