• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I generally stay away from these sorts of discussions but.."hoodwinked", really? Let's be better.
COYS!!

Sent from my SM-J600G using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Misled, then if it pleases you, I’ll try and be better, but note, not once have I called for censorship with views opposing mine, because it would be very dull if everyone did agree with me.

I would very much value your thoughts and response to the two questions I have posed, if your of a mind to give them.

A good at and passionate response, though I do personally feel that there are glaring similarities between us and the other lot.

As previously mentioned part of my anger in all this is the feeling that Poch has ‘hoodwinked’ not just me but other fans.

When I say that I refer to his comments in 16/17 about staying with us for as long as Wenger did them, and talking about emulating Ferguson type success levels with us.

Fast forward and he has made clear comments about leaving us.

So my question is can you understand why myself and others might feel angry about this? Or can you explain to me why I shouldn’t feel hoodwinked?

I’m not being facetious here, I would just like your genuine thoughts on this.
Arsenal fans loved Wenger because he was an excellent manager. If Spurs fans love Poch it is for the same reasons, there is little wrong with that.

Mourinho, Ferguson, Redknapp et al would say all kind of things in interviews that could mean something or nothing. I would hope that worrying, and possibly being peed off with Pochs chat, does not sour the ongoing positives of recent seasons, because, obviously he will be gone one day and it'll be a shame if it all passed by and you haven't lived in the moment. From other quotes you could easily say that it sounds like Levy will be the one who tells him they day he will be leaving.

Its all chat, and fwiw I do think Poch is a bit more open and honest than many managers, but he actually comes across as being very open in his mindset, constantly saying 'everything is open' 'all options are possible' etc (not just on the departing subject).

If we are progressing to the next chapter I see no reason he will leave, he never comes across as a 2/3 season manager, he's a football romantic. As long as the club are pushing the upward curve as well, Poch will lead the way.

Arsenal fans loved Wenger because he was an excellent manager. If Spurs fans love Poch it is for the same reasons, there is little wrong with that.

Mourinho, Ferguson, Redknapp et al would say all kind of things in interviews that could mean something or nothing. I would hope that worrying, and possibly being peed off with Pochs chat, does not sour the ongoing positives of recent seasons, because, obviously he will be gone one day and it'll be a shame if it all passed by and you haven't lived in the moment. From other quotes you could easily say that it sounds like Levy will be the one who tells him they day he will be leaving.

Its all chat, and fwiw I do think Poch is a bit more open and honest than many managers, but he actually comes across as being very open in his mindset, constantly saying 'everything is open' 'all options are possible' etc (not just on the departing subject).

If we are progressing to the next chapter I see no reason he will leave, he never comes across as a 2/3 season manager, he's a football romantic. As long as the club are pushing the upward curve as well, Poch will lead the way.

I’ve lived the moments and wouldn’t deny Poch has given me happy days, I understand your thinking towards Poch and have no issues with your points of view.

Just feels a little like you haven’t answered my questions and have diverted slightly.

Oh @Nigeyman ....stop apologising for your opinion, position, thoughts.....own it.

They are valid and qualified, I strongly disagree (even dispear) with them based on the overall picture but it's not like you're making stuff up.

I'm more concerned that if you're not happy now....when will you be?

Oh @Nigeyman ....stop apologising for your opinion, position, thoughts.....own it.

They are valid and qualified, I strongly disagree (even dispear) with them based on the overall picture but it's not like you're making stuff up.

I'm more concerned that if you're not happy now....when will you be?

I’ve only apologised for being a miserable sod, and using a word which hasn’t been agreeable to another member.

I’m fully owning my sheet.

I will be happy with real tangible success, every one deliriously happy on here, with regular gifs of little dance man.

I’ve lived the moments and wouldn’t deny Poch has given me happy days, I understand your thinking towards Poch and have no issues with your points of view.

Just feels a little like you haven’t answered my questions and have diverted slightly.
I did answer. You are basically asking 'why is Poch talking about leaving especially after previously saying he'd like to stay for ages?' (paraphrasing).. it's giving you insecurities about our short term future and unsure whether he's being straight with us?

I answered hes has an open mindset..so will talk in that way. He has said other comments that would contradict him leaving. He could be saying things for deflection at certain times.

He could leave at anytime but i wouldn't want to make him leave because of this. I think it will be much more obvious when he is going to leave and tbh it will be more likely Levy will decide, either directly or indirectly.

I did answer. You are basically asking 'why is Poch talking about leaving especially after previously saying he'd like to stay for ages?' (paraphrasing).. it's giving you insecurities about our short term future and unsure whether he's being straight with us?

I answered hes has an open mindset..so will talk in that way. He has said other comments that would contradict him leaving. He could be saying things for deflection at certain times.

He could leave at anytime but i wouldn't want to make him leave because of this. I think it will be much more obvious when he is going to leave and tbh it will be more likely Levy will decide, either directly or indirectly.

A fair response, but can you understand why some are disappointed with these mixed messages?

Watching our youth players run rings around a very strong Juventus side tells you all you need to know about Pochettino and the quality of his standards and philosophy.

I'll never understand fans who are disappointed with all he's done for us or those who still believe everything he says in the media.

He mostly holds contempt for the drudgery of press dealings. He uses the media mostly to protect his players and deflect. Don't take things he says so seriously. Simple.

Watching our youth players run rings around a very strong Juventus side tells you all you need to know about Pochettino and the quality of his standards and philosophy.

I'll never understand fans who are disappointed with all he's done for us or those who still believe everything he says in the media.

He mostly holds contempt for the drudgery of press dealings. He uses the media mostly to protect his players and deflect. Don't take things he says so seriously. Simple.

Despite past regrettable exchanges, a point in which we can agree on is that there is a very exciting group of young players coming through our ranks, that looks promising for the future.

You mean he has learnt from Mou that tge easiest way to deflect attention and pressure on your players is to make it all about you

I thought Poch was speaking English more fluently in today's post match interview than I think I've ever heard him. He should obviously be getting better and better, but it's the first time I've thought about it and taken notice. Not struggling so much to find the words all the time.

Back