• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He gets asked the same stuff time after time and no matter what he says or does he will continue to face the same questions so personally i just ignore it, who cares - just a journo looking to make a story

Judge the man on his actions not what he says

It tinkles me off no end as well.

The man, not long after signing a new 5 year contract with us was talking enthusiastically to the press about his admiration for Wengers longevity with the other lot, how he would like to spend a similar time with us. Then he spoke of emulating Ferguson’s achievements at United with us saying ‘why not’

Well the answer ‘why not’ is clear as day for me that after falling short in so many of the big games that really matter for us he’s just not up to that standard or ever will be.

Sadly for me I just think flimflam every time he speaks now and that’s hard to admit of your clubs manager when you admired him no end.

I won’t even go there about his weak comments about wanting Eriksen to stay when his own levels of commitment are flimsy at best, or the fact he chastised Walker for talking about leaving during the Chelsea title run in but tells us all he might leave if we beat Liverpool, stinks of hypocrisy to me.

I feel strongly that a class of manager above his level would have more about them and wouldn’t talk of leaving a club in hypothetical terms before and after a ucl final.

Conti, Klopp, Benitez, Simeone, Allegri , Guardiola, Mourinho, Zidane, Ancelotti... to name a few are in that mould, they don’t talk about hypothetical triumphs and what they might do, they stay focused on the task in hand and speak more candid opinions once they have actually achieved something.

A part of Pochettino’s thinking i believe is he has served five years and a part of him feels ready for something new, he’s not fully committed in my eyes and that doesn’t feel right to me.

But hey ho, forget the names I mentioned earlier, so cheesed am I I’d take Chris Houghton just for a bit of common sense and loyalty to the club. I’d love a manager who I felt was committed to us rather than a continuation of the poor form from last season, followed by bizarre interviews and more excuses, followed by vague mutterings of # the project which he obviously seems 100 per cent committed, like a turkey campaigning of the wonders of Christmas.
Is @Nigeyman overthinking it as well @parklane1 ?:D

In professional life you have different faces and different conversations.

The only conversations that matter for us is the ones between Poch/Levy. They are open, honest and straight with each other.

Levy could ask Poch what he meant by 'this or that' over something he'd said in a press conference and Poch would say 'oh nothing Daniel...it's tittle tattle' BUT it's even more likely Levy doesn't have to ask, their regular chats reveal all that is important to both men. If there was anything in any of what Poch says to the press it would have already been well covered in their personal conversation s way before. They have complete trust in each other.

You just have to remember whom he is sitting in front of. A load of bottom feeders basically. They can write what they like, rather than drive a wedge between Poch and Levy, it probably provides some entertainment in their offices at Hotspur Way.

He gets asked the same stuff time after time and no matter what he says or does he will continue to face the same questions so personally i just ignore it, who cares - just a journo looking to make a story

Judge the man on his actions not what he says
Before he was talking about building a dynasty, now winning one trophy and he was prepared to leave? Find that a bit disappointing tbh.

Just dont see why he constantly has to keep flirting with this idea that he will leave us. If he wants to leave then fine, if he wanted to bow out winning the CL then fine but I dont see why he has to constantly fuel speculation and headlines by alluding to leaving us time and time again whilst remaining at the club. Rose keeps getting questioned what is the need to say x,y,z He says he has to google some of the players we sign and apparently that disrupts the harmony of the squad. Yet Poch constantly implies he is going to leave and that’s fine? All he had to say was it was a tough season but now he's raring to go and focus on bringing us glory - not that he might of left had he won the CL. You can’t just use he keeps getting asked questions by journalists as an excuse....

It tinkles me off no end as well.

The man, not long after signing a new 5 year contract with us was talking enthusiastically to the press about his admiration for Wengers longevity with the other lot, how he would like to spend a similar time with us. Then he spoke of emulating Ferguson’s achievements at United with us saying ‘why not’

Well the answer ‘why not’ is clear as day for me that after falling short in so many of the big games that really matter for us he’s just not up to that standard or ever will be.

Sadly for me I just think flimflam every time he speaks now and that’s hard to admit of your clubs manager when you admired him no end.

I won’t even go there about his weak comments about wanting Eriksen to stay when his own levels of commitment are flimsy at best, or the fact he chastised Walker for talking about leaving during the Chelsea title run in but tells us all he might leave if we beat Liverpool, stinks of hypocrisy to me.

I feel strongly that a class of manager above his level would have more about them and wouldn’t talk of leaving a club in hypothetical terms before and after a ucl final.

Conti, Klopp, Benitez, Simeone, Allegri , Guardiola, Mourinho, Zidane, Ancelotti... to name a few are in that mould, they don’t talk about hypothetical triumphs and what they might do, they stay focused on the task in hand and speak more candid opinions once they have actually achieved something.

A part of Pochettino’s thinking i believe is he has served five years and a part of him feels ready for something new, he’s not fully committed in my eyes and that doesn’t feel right to me.

But hey ho, forget the names I mentioned earlier, so cheesed am I I’d take Chris Houghton just for a bit of common sense and loyalty to the club. I’d love a manager who I felt was committed to us rather than a continuation of the poor form from last season, followed by bizarre interviews and more excuses, followed by vague mutterings of # the project which he obviously seems 100 per cent committed, like a turkey campaigning of the wonders of Christmas.
Don't take Poch's words so seriously fella. Rather, judge him by his actions.

This is the man who withstood a massive media onslaught to install him as the United manager. He stayed loyal and now has more years in the top flight with the same club than any other current manager. Meanwhile he has seen literally scores of other PL managers come and go.

Given football club management is so volatile, the way to look at it is he's here when he's here and he's gone when he's gone. So, enjoy the ride and ignore the rest.

Last edited:
Before he was talking about building a dynasty, now winning one trophy and he was prepared to leave? Find that a bit disappointing tbh.

Just dont see why he constantly has to keep flirting with this idea that he will leave us. If he wants to leave then fine, if he wanted to bow out winning the CL then fine but I dont see why he has to constantly fuel speculation and headlines by alluding to leaving us time and time again whilst remaining at the club. Rose keeps getting questioned what is the need to say x,y,z He says he has to google some of the players we sign and apparently that disrupts the harmony of the squad. Yet Poch constantly implies he is going to leave and that’s fine? All he had to say was it was a tough season but now he's raring to go and focus on bringing us glory - not that he might of left had he won the CL. You can’t just use he keeps getting asked questions by journalists as an excuse....

Fair points, in order to be balanced I know the press can lead you up a certain path. But yes I agree with all that.

There's that many unknowns in that it's not worth worrying about.
If we'd won what would DL have done transfer wise? Would he be as committed to spending as he is now?
Just one of the things poch would be thinking.

Don't take Poch's words so seriously fella. Rather, judge him by his actions.

This is the man who survived a massive media onslaught to install him as the United manager. He stayed loyal and now has more years in the top flight with the same club than any other current manager. Meanwhile he has seen literally scores of other PL managers come and go.

Given football club management is so volatile, the way to look at it is he's here when he's here and he's gone when he's gone. Meanwhile enjoy the ride and ignore the rest.

Perhaps I shouldn’t take things so seriously, it’s only fair that I try and justify my anger levels by the overall thoughts I have of feeling hoodwinked by him throughout the course of his tenure, predominantly the last seven to eight months or so.

I believed this guy I really did, hung on to his every word, and understood, or blindly followed, that all his actions taken were for the greater good even if they didn’t sit well with me at the time.

I’ve vomited out my thoughts, more than enough and I’m going to try and feel optimistic about this season, I want to be positive, in the sense that Poch can turn my own perception back around and do great things for us...

My disbelief in him wont change the fact that I’ll give him credit next season where it’s due, even though mentally it’s quite obvious I feel a Change at the top is probably needed for both parties.

No issues with those who say along the lines of ‘don’t worry about what he’s saying’ or ‘press on a hatchet job’

Yet those who think of Poch in glowing terms also quote his press statements to back up their views, so I think it’s not unreasonable for those of us in a minority for being disenchanted with him can do the same.

I would say that I think even those who revere him, are privately thinking they wish he wouldn’t spout so much confusing, contradictory rhetoric to the press.

Edit...also regarding Utd I feel strongly that without O.G.S golden honeymoon period that prompted Woodward to push the hire button, I feel he would have left us quite quickly if Utd had come in all guns blazing for him, another reason why that warm glow I used to feel for him has vanished.

Last edited:
I can’t think of another Premier League manager (or a manager at any level) who has spoken so much, over such a prolonged period, about possibly leaving a club. I like the bloke a lot but he’s either very poor with the media (I doubt that) or very keen to let certain other clubs know that he’s open to thinking about a move.

The latter is probably true of 90% of managers - the difference being they don’t seem to feel the need to be railroaded into talking to the press about it every week.

It’s great he’s still here, of course, but I do wish he’d stop feeding the beast.

I do think he does it to put pressure on Levy and to express his frustration. He's only human (and humans like and need to talk), think he is very happy at the club generally.

I can’t think of another Premier League manager (or a manager at any level) who has spoken so much, over such a prolonged period, about possibly leaving a club. I like the bloke a lot but he’s either very poor with the media (I doubt that) or very keen to let certain other clubs know that he’s open to thinking about a move.

The latter is probably true of 90% of managers - the difference being they don’t seem to feel the need to be railroaded into talking to the press about it every week.

It’s great he’s still here, of course, but I do wish he’d stop feeding the beast.
What I find a bit odd is not necessarily what he says, but his apparent willingness to repeatedly talk about it. I get that the press don't take any considerations about truth or implications, their job is to sell papers and ads, but it is admittedly a bit strange that he won't put the subject to rest (regardless of what he's really thinking). It's not even a question about source or validity. Yes we may brush it off as Poch just feeding the press, fans overthinking and overreacting, and probably rightly so. A courtesy not extended to Danny Rose, whose statements I personally found largely uncontroversial, given the circumstances. I would at least hope it's forwarded into the core group that he's just taking the p*ss, if that's the case.

That said, I don't lose an ounce of sleep over Poch's comments, but I can understand that others find them questionable at least.

I don't really understand why people hang on his every word or take it so personally.

I honestly don’t, but - for anyone who has any interest at all in following football - he does make it exceptionally hard to avoid the headlines about him possibly leaving. It’s incredibly tiresome, not much more.

I don't really understand why people hang on his every word or take it so personally.

There’s a far greater majority of our fans that because of a strong sense of love for him do hang onto his every word, and will feel let down by these comments which I think is pretty clear to understand...

Others like me who don’t, who will point out his talks to the press to back up my views, that he’s very far removed to being committed to us and questionably has let the hype get to him where he feels he is bigger than the badge.

I can only explain my disappointment and why I took it personally because back in 16/17 when he spoke of creating a dynasty I was gullible enough to believe him and his integrity towards us.

I have no issues with fans who think he’s the dogs gonads, there are positive reasons to back that up, I personally don’t understand why even his most devout backers, can never contemplate his mistakes or admit his dealings with the press these last six months have been ill advised, and created an unnecessary circus around our club.

Am I missing something or did Poch only say that winning the CL would have caused him to consider leaving (not definitely leaving) but losing it meant he definitely wanted to stay?

That's very different to him saying he WOULD have left if we'd won.

Am I missing something or did Poch only say that winning the CL would have caused him to consider leaving (not definitely leaving) but losing it meant he definitely wanted to stay?

That's very different to him saying he WOULD have left if we'd won.

Nothing at all mate, just some fans need to remove the worry beads its not doing them any favours.

There’s a far greater majority of our fans that because of a strong sense of love for him do hang onto his every word, and will feel let down by these comments which I think is pretty clear to understand...

Others like me who don’t, who will point out his talks to the press to back up my views, that he’s very far removed to being committed to us and questionably has let the hype get to him where he feels he is bigger than the badge.

I can only explain my disappointment and why I took it personally because back in 16/17 when he spoke of creating a dynasty I was gullible enough to believe him and his integrity towards us.

I have no issues with fans who think he’s the dogs gonads, there are positive reasons to back that up, I personally don’t understand why even his most devout backers, can never contemplate his mistakes or admit his dealings with the press these last six months have been ill advised, and created an unnecessary circus around our club.

I'm behind him because his impact on the club has been overwhelming positive. He's amongst our top three managers of all time. He seems to have a real bond with the players and I'm hard pressed to think of one he hasn't improved. I just don't take a lot of notice of press conferences or what the press print. I also don't understand why people take what is reported personally.

I'm behind him because his impact on the club has been overwhelming positive. He's amongst our top three managers of all time. He seems to have a real bond with the players and I'm hard pressed to think of one he hasn't improved. I just don't take a lot of notice of press conferences or what the press print. I also don't understand why people take what is reported personally.

He hasn’t improved Vincent Jansen...

Take that as tongue in cheek those are fair and valid points to explain your thoughts.

I just don’t feel the old ‘nothing to see here, please move along, fake news, view can work here when he’s made it clear both before and after the final he was open to leaving.

To just dismiss that and being unwilling to acknowledge why some of our fans might be tinkled by this doesn’t seem fair.

Yet, alls fair in love and war.

Back