• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

All the best Tripps. Sad you're leaving, gonna miss your floated crosses, deftly lofted through-balls and superb dead-ball efforts. You had a rough time last season but that's now behind you.

I hope you can rediscover your brilliant attacking form of a couple of seasons ago at Atletico.

He’s a very good footballer, he’s just not a good defender. In previous seasons his attacking form was so good that it masked his deficiencies as a defender. Last season his reluctance to cross or try and beat a man made his position untenable. Right back became a clear weakness in the team and other teams targeted him.

Lets be fair here. While I wont argue he is a particularly great defender, he isnt actually BAD either. I think his defensive game is average. Made to look worse by often being the only attacking outlet on that side.

Lets be fair here. While I wont argue he is a particularly great defender, he isnt actually BAD either. I think his defensive game is average. Made to look worse by often being the only attacking outlet on that side.
No he is awful defensively. Easily beaten one on one and has no idea about defensive positioning. He often passes the ball around at the back to players in bad positions. His only upside was his awesome crossing but as last season he lost all confidence crossing the ball he was a basically pointless.

All his upsides were offensive, once he wasnt able to produce those anymore there is no point in him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

No he is awful defensively. Easily beaten one on one and has no idea about defensive positioning. He often passes the ball around at the back to players in bad positions. His only upside was his awesome crossing but as last season he lost all confidence crossing the ball he was a basically pointless.

All his upsides were offensive, once he wasnt able to produce those anymore there is no point in him.

Was he awful at him vs City in the CL? I ask because that day I didn’t see them get behind him or passed him at all
I’ve seen him do well defensively
I’ve seen him do poor
I’ve seen Toby do the same and not get slated at all
Hell I’ve seen ever player play bad and not get brick that Trippier has bit he did make some poor mistakes last season

Was he awful at him vs City in the CL? I ask because that day I didn’t see them get behind him or passed him at all
I’ve seen him do poor
Hell I’ve seen ever player play bad and not get brick that Trippier has bit he did make some poor mistakes last season

The CL Vs city where he was directly responsible for 3 of their goals [emoji848]

Let me be clear, I'm not slating him for his performances last season. I've never rated him defensively, he is a poor defender but used to have a fantastic upside. Last season that upside admittedly due to injury and confidence was lacking. I'll state it again I do not and never have rated him defensively.

The CL Vs city where he was directly responsible for 3 of their goals [emoji848]

Let me be clear, I'm not slating him for his performances last season. I've never rated him defensively, he is a poor defender but used to have a fantastic upside. Last season that upside admittedly due to injury and confidence was lacking. I'll state it again I do not and never have rated him defensively.

We won the home game which was the game I was referring too (him should have been home)

Well that performance was more than balanced out by the away performance where he was almost singlehandedly giving Sterling freedom of the right side. [emoji2379]

If it wasn't for the Llorente goal he would have been absolutely slates afterwards.

Well that performance was more than balanced out by the away performance where he was almost singlehandedly giving Sterling freedom of the right side. [emoji2379]

If it wasn't for the Llorente goal he would have been absolutely slates afterwards.

He also had no help on his side that day TBF
I was there and he was constantly overloaded and down by a better player .... that’s nothing new
But we went through because they didn’t get an away goal and that was down to some great work at home

0_Kieran-Trippier-training-with-Atletico-Madrid.jpg

I’ve seen him do poor

The game v City at home in the CL, he was very good. But in the league game, he cost us at least a point. In the league game at home to United, he did the same. In the CL away to City, he put us under pressure after 4 minutes with pathetic defending to allow Sterling to score. The Chelsea game away, his brainless backpass put us out of the game. Against Liverpool away, he put no pressure on the ball when Robertson crosses for the opener. That’s just the big games last season off the top of my head.

He made big mistakes in big games so while I think awful is harsh, he isn’t a good defender. I wish the lad all the best, he seems a decent type and gave us decent service. But he ultimately wasn’t good enough.

I disagree. His positioning is below average and he gets beaten too easily in one on one situations. His decision making isn’t great either.

Play around with that idea a bit. Why was he out of position? For example. Could it be because he was carrying the attacking weight of our whole right side? Could it be because he was caught between two minds because Sissoko went walk abouts? Could it be because he was up field when yet another attack broke down because the whole side collectively lost the ability to shoot?

I dont think its at all as simple as "His positioning is bad" "decision making is bad" - there are far too many moving parts for that to be soley on him.

Ill agree with you, he does struggle one on one against pace.

Though I maintain, he is not a "bad" defender at all.

Play around with that idea a bit. Why was he out of position? For example. Could it be because he was carrying the attacking weight of our whole right side? Could it be because he was caught between two minds because Sissoko went walk abouts? Could it be because he was up field when yet another attack broke down because the whole side collectively lost the ability to shoot?

I dont think its at all as simple as "His positioning is bad" "decision making is bad" - there are far too many moving parts for that to be soley on him.

Ill agree with you, he does struggle one on one against pace.

Though I maintain, he is not a "bad" defender at all.

His positioning was bad even when Sissoko wasn’t in the team. Think it’s unfair to level that on sissoko when he actually babysat Trippier on many occasions and helped him defensively.

His positioning was bad even when Sissoko wasn’t in the team. Think it’s unfair to level that on sissoko when he actually babysat Trippier on many occasions and helped him defensively.

It was an example, no more. Sissoko was the player most commonly beside him in the team last year. And does have a penchant for going walk about.

Back