• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Agreed but if the managers are unwilling to tell him the truth, it is also a sore point. I am not happy that he started the match.

I have no doubt that Poch told him the truth. But I also have little doubt that Poch gives Harry an enormous amount of leeway to decide when he's fit and when he isn't - seems part of Poch's loyalty to him, and his approach in terms of encouraging belief that his players can beat the odds.

I agree, though - going forward Poch would benefit from being more stern in this area. A bit of short-term pain could mean a longer-term gain.

As for Southgate, I have no idea if he told Kane anything. The FA have a habit of calling up our players to play these utterly meaningless glorified friendlies on a regular basis, regardless of their condition. Winksy is the only exception to that - ironic, because the team could have done with him against the Dutch and the Swiss.

This is my point about Poch. It's all good being a coach/best friend/favourite uncle but the bottom line is his job is to manage. Start getting all Fergie on the situation when it comes to England, and when it comes to Tottenham ease Kane back into games. There's nothing wrong with starting on the bench, he could analyse the game, see a weakness in the defence and then exploit it when he comes on in the 70th for example.

Whoa! How do any of you know how Poch decides who will play? Or that Kane plays whenever he wants and nobody talks him down?

I think we need a fleet footed second striker to compliment Kane because I think he is evolving into the kind of striker Teddy used to be, intelligent on the ball could spot a pass good finisher when needed.

Did it have the blue bit around the bottom?

Couldn’t he have got this out of the way whilst recovering from his last injury?

Presumably he’ll now waste the next two weeks which could have been spent watching film of PL/CL defensive schemes.

Back