• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Tried to get rid? WTF are you talking about? Aurier had a few injuries, but in the games he featured, he was solid and generally well above average.
Played big game games when he was fit

But do think we could do better with a player with more attacking prowess

I think that he always looks like he's got a mistake in him. His decision making is poor and he's prone to taking a touch too far.
Looks like he's got a mistake in him? Hard to be more subjective than that! He had a few rough games in some of the early games he featured in after signing for us, but since he got more settled in, he's looked anything but shaky. Every player makes mistakes, but I can't remember him making many critical mistakes last season, as opposed to Trippier, who was directly at fault for probably 25% of all the goals we shipped last season.

Looks like he's got a mistake in him? Hard to be more subjective than that! He had a few rough games in some of the early games he featured in after signing for us, but since he got more settled in, he's looked anything but shaky. Every player makes mistakes, but I can't remember him making many critical mistakes last season, as opposed to Trippier, who was directly at fault for probably 25% of all the goals we shipped last season.

I'm not comparing him to Trippier, I am comparing him against what I think we should be looking for in a first team player. I think he falls a little short.

If he was a youth player, I would agree that he deserves a chance but he's an established player, who has been here for two season and cost a fair amount of money.

Truth told, I don't expect him to be first choice this season.

He has only played 25 Prem games in two seasons mostly because of his injurys, how many games did he manage to get in a run?. Still only 26 and i hope he stays fit and gets a run of games, only then can he be judged on how good he is.
Staying fit is in itself a problem. Hasn't picked up another injury at the ACN?

He has only played 25 Prem games in two seasons mostly because of his injurys, how many games did he manage to get in a run?. Still only 26 and i hope he stays fit and gets a run of games, only then can he be judged on how good he is.

I'm inclined to agree. At the same time I definitely think he is upgradable. He hasn't been terrible but he hasn't set the world alight either. Could do a lot worse but could also get someone better. Certainly not in the same league as Walker who we still miss.

I think that he always looks like he's got a mistake in him. His decision making is poor and he's prone to taking a touch too far.

As Parklane says - how much of that is down to him not being good enough, and how much is down to him not getting enough of a run of games to iron out these things?

Ive literally no idea, he hasnt played enough (in sequence) to prove it either way, IMO.

I will say I like him, I think there is a quality to him, an audacity and improvisational nature that I really like. I think theres a top RB in there somewhere.

Of course, whether or not he ever realises that is another question...

As Parklane says - how much of that is down to him not being good enough, and how much is down to him not getting enough of a run of games to iron out these things?

Ive literally no idea, he hasnt played enough (in sequence) to prove it either way, IMO.

I will say I like him, I think there is a quality to him, an audacity and improvisational nature that I really like. I think theres a top RB in there somewhere.

Of course, whether or not he ever realises that is another question...

Agreed. There were signs last season that his decision making had improved and he wasn’t as impetuous. The jury is still out and maybe Poch’s decided he’s had enough time and we can’t hang around but there is definitely a footballer in there who is a better right back than anything else we have.

I thought Aurier's performances last season were decent, he seemed to want to stay on his feet more than the previous season.

If he had that same level of uptick in his performances again this season then we'd have a very good fullback on our hands.

Was much better in the second season but he always seems to be injured, does seem to be quite a naturally fit person though so seems to return quickly. Was he like this at PSG as well?

Was much better in the second season but he always seems to be injured, does seem to be quite a naturally fit person though so seems to return quickly. Was he like this at PSG as well?
He seems to have missed on average half the league games for one reason or another!

A931ED50-5FF2-444D-9845-6B2DDD7BBB75.jpeg

Well lets hope he stays fit and gets a REAL chance to make the RB position his own.

I'd prefer us to sell him and sign someone that is clearly first choice. In his third season and with his only dedicated competition for the position sold, there shouldn't really be any questions.

Back